Wright Pleased To Be Back

Dons News

New Doncaster signing Ryan Wright spoke to the official website after rejoining the Dons this week.

Wright who spent time with the club at the back end of the 2015 campaign this week left Championship side Dewsbury to head back to the Keepmoat Stadium.

The hooker who can also play in the half back’s admitted he is pleased to be back.

“I kept in touch with Gary since I left last year, obviously I signed back at Dewsbury and had a good start over there, but didn’t get the chances I thought I was going to get,” said Wright.

“Gary was happy to have me back here and I wanted to come back and be coached by him again, I believe it is the best thing to do to get some regular game time again.

“I played at the beginning of this year, but squad rotation put me out at Dewsbury, I got my head down and trained and I just didn’t want to be sitting around every week.

“Last year I played the last few games here under Gary, he is a great bloke and I enjoyed working under him.

“I just want to come back in, hopefully get some games, do my thing, enjoy it and hopefully help contribute to the team to get some wins.”

Wright admitted he has kept an eye on the Dons progress and is hopefully he can be part of a successful season.

“I’ve been following Doncaster’s results, it was a great win last week at Barrow and there are still a few boys here from last year who I kept in touch with.

“I’ve signed until the end of the season, the ultimate goal is to get straight back up into the Championship and I want to be part of that, hopefully we can get some good wins and see Gary do well.

“Hopefully I might be in contention to play at Hunslet and hopefully we can get the win.”

View the full article

Archived