Escaré move to Hull KR

I don't get what's the point of keeping him if he's not going to play. 

We currently have Inu out for the season, we could have moved Gigot back to centre but no, we're putting a second row in there. Gigot improved a lot and he gets through a lot of meters but I don't see why we're keeping two decent fullbacks in the same team. 

If we were so afraid with injuries Gigot would not be playing that much games considering the battering he takes. 

Escare, for whatever reason, hasn't impressed in a winning team. I know he hasn't had many chances, but his confidence is low.

He certainly wouldn't get it back playing in a losing team, riddled with injuries. Frayssinous is doing him a favour.

Escare, for whatever reason, hasn't impressed in a winning team. I know he hasn't had many chances, but his confidence is low.

He certainly wouldn't get it back playing in a losing team, riddled with injuries. Frayssinous is doing him a favour.

Has he had the chance? Can't have played more than 2/3 games...

3 tries in 3 games. Averaging 136meters per game. Had 3 errors against Widnes and people butchered him while it's common from Gigot who didn't even care to defuse bombs last game for a reason or another. 

On the other hand, I'm surprised by Gigot defense, saved us a couple times this season but overall, he's picked ahead of Escaré because coach wants a battering ram taking 20 hit-ups per game as fullback so here it goes.

Has he had the chance? Can't have played more than 2/3 games...

Exactly. But the coach will have seen him in friendlies and in training a lot more than you or I.

When they warm up, he seems very distant and doesn't seem to fit. It's my opinion, based on what I see at GB, and that is lack of confidence. To go and play at HKR could make things worse. Hull is not Perpignan!

Gigot is still shoving tries away from fullback, Stewart, Bosc and Myler (out) appear to be Carneys choices - he will have some say - so Escare is struggling to find a spot. Should've bulked him up a bit in the off season and he could have taken hooker duties occasionally.

3 tries in 3 games. Averaging 136meters per game. Had 3 errors against Widnes and people butchered him while it's common from Gigot who didn't even care to defuse bombs last game for a reason or another. 

On the other hand, I'm surprised by Gigot defense, saved us a couple times this season but overall, he's picked ahead of Escaré because coach wants a battering ram taking 20 hit-ups per game as fullback so here it goes.

No arguments from me with those stats and I didn't butcher him. I prefer Gigot in the centre and rate him as one of the best in SL, but would you have Escare at fullback?

Jamie Shaul is a similar player but had to work more on his defence, positioning and fitness, away from SL, for most of last year and look at what he is doing now.

Escare has been injured and is just back to fitness , well that's what I thought! He seems to be in quite a few photos with ball in hand , well in the photos that the club have released from training today,

Escare has been injured and is just back to fitness , well that's what I thought! He seems to be in quite a few photos with ball in hand , well in the photos that the club have released from training today,

Gigot ended the last game with an injured knee. 

Archived