Thank you

Rob Hemmi

The Rovers rollercoaster! Still, we are the league Champions and compared to last season it was a mighty fine effort. Roll on Feb when it all begins again !

League leaders not league Champions

I have now had chance to get over yesterday and can reflect and say a big thank you to all concerned.

At the start of the season if they said we would finish top and just loose by 1 measly point in the grand final how many would have expected it.

It was a good day yesterday vociferous crowds some entertaining rugby and the surreal experience after about 30mins, plus the sda news about Terry Newton

To put things into perspective, we lost and the history books will show it was a close game.

Looking at the positives regarding the following we took, yes it was our cup final and there were a lot of once a blue moon fans present, hopefully even if 20% of them return on a regular basis it will help the club. What more do the club need to do to increase attendances and bring in the revenue. We have a sucessfull side that play some excellent rugby. a hard working committee that must tear thier hair out with attendances of less than 2000.

A manager who is very enthusiastic, knowledgeable who motivates his team, a back room staff that is the equal of Super Dooper League, facilities that are beyond recognition from a few short seasons ago.

We have supporters clubs that raise extra finance for the club.

lets kick on from here, redouble our efforts, gets the fans packed in, win handsomley with good rugby.

Thanks to all those concerned with an an excellent season, let us mere fans help keep the momentum going, give your ideas for revenue to the committee.

Roll on 2011 season and up the Rovers

You can't be the "leader" of soemthing that has finished. We won the league.

Correct Mark. Hunslet are hailed 'the champions' by winning their league so why aren't we? Both clubs are members of the Co-operative championship leagues.

Edited by Terry Mullaney

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Correct Mark. Hunslet are hailed 'the champions' by winning their league so why aren't we? Both clubs are members of the Co-operative championship leagues.

Halifax are the League Champions after winning yesterday that is the rules of the competition.

Featherstone have been the best side in the league all season. Yesterday Featherstone had a 'dumb' last 20 minutes.Not dropping a goal when the scores where 22-16 and trying to play at 100 miles an hour instead of slowing the play down and running down the clock.

Thought the fire alarm also changed the game when the fire alarm went off Featherstone where on a roll and Halifax's defence was all over the place.

Good luck to Featherstone next season.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

Halifax are the League Champions after winning yesterday that is the rules of the competition.

Featherstone have been the best side in the league all season. Yesterday Featherstone had a 'dumb' last 20 minutes.Not dropping a goal when the scores where 22-16 and trying to play at 100 miles an hour instead of slowing the play down and running down the clock.

Thought the fire alarm also changed the game when the fire alarm went off Featherstone where on a roll and Halifax's defence was all over the place.

Good luck to Featherstone next season.

Sorry In my mind Rovers ARE league Champions and that is that, simples !

Good game and we were just a bit unfortunate at the wrong points. Fax played well in last 20 mins and we should have closed the game out when we were on a roll. Never mind at least promotion wasnt at stake - I would be gutted in that case and Im strangely content that we had a good day out and that overall we have actually been the best team this season.

When 'Fev' lost at home this season to Toulouse i questioned their big match temperament and i was shot down by a few punters on here

You absolute moron. If youre going to fish at least make an effort. How is Toulouse at home a big match? Its probably the smallest math of the season!! Ha ha ha. Big matches like the GF qualifier, and every away game we did pretty well? Well done you played a bit of decent rugby and got a bit of luck at the most opportune time glad you enjoyed it.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

When 'Fev' lost at home this season to Toulouse i questioned their big match temperament and i was shot down by a few punters on here.

Well i am afraid to say that i was 100% spot on.

When 'Fax' got on a roll they could do nothing about it.

and???????

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Good game and we were just a bit unfortunate at the wrong points. Fax played well in last 20 mins and we should have closed the game out when we were on a roll. Never mind at least promotion wasnt at stake - I would be gutted in that case and Im strangely content that we had a good day out and that overall we have actually been the best team this season.

You absolute moron. If youre going to fish at least make an effort. How is Toulouse at home a big match? Its probably the smallest math of the season!! Ha ha ha. Big matches like the GF qualifier, and every away game we did pretty well? Well done you played a bit of decent rugby and got a bit of luck at the most opportune time glad you enjoyed it.

"Skipper i've caught a BIG one here let's reel him in".

1. Son??? How old are you???

2. So what?? I'll count my chickens when I want - I won't ever need you to tell me when to do it!

3. Mods - would you please consider closing this thread and set it to invisible! Tools like this studdy really don't need forum space for them to satisfy their cravings for a wind up or seeing their words nicely typed up so they can get off on inciting others!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

"Skipper i've caught a BIG one here let's reel him in".

errrrrrr, no not reallly????? I said why not make an effort if youre fishing? By the rules of the internet I didnt bite and therefore I win. :D Be content with your win yesterday, youre making yourself look silly in the face of some gracious compliments.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Notwithstanding..... Halifax need to be acknowledged for their achievement. Coming back from that deficit was something else!

However...as a Batley long term supporter, I was gutted for Fev.

Great club. Great supporters. Great effort.

To my mind, the best team I saw all season.

Keep the faith.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

Halifax are a really talented side, probably more talented than Rovers, who have been the best all season because they were fitter than the opposition and finished the stronger. They have beaten Fax 3 times this season through a stronger second half performance. This game was completely different in that when Fax were trailing with 20 minutes to go they were still fresh, and when they started to play catch-up rugby they were not as tired as usual and their passes stuck, and everything they tried came off. Some said that Fev were tired, but I think it was because Fax were NOT tired.

Halifax are a really talented side, probably more talented than Rovers, who have been the best all season because they were fitter than the opposition and finished the stronger. They have beaten Fax 3 times this season through a stronger second half performance. This game was completely different in that when Fax were trailing with 20 minutes to go they were still fresh, and when they started to play catch-up rugby they were not as tired as usual and their passes stuck, and everything they tried came off. Some said that Fev were tired, but I think it was because Fax were NOT tired.

The overall positive to my mind is that the best two teams in our league played the final in the knock out, that meant they, if they so desire, have both ticked the appropriate SL box. Great game with Halifax just shading it in the last quater to win. I've been Fev supporter for over 70 years. Have had bigger disappointments than that. The future is bright. So all you people who turned up for this game and who are not regulars, become regulars. Continue supporting and see the club move forward.