9th Sept Super 8s : Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Discuss Hull v Wigan in the Super 8s here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the usual feeling of impending dread that always manifests itself before we play the Pies.

I think, much to Steve Reed's chagrin, we're back up to full strength and Wigan are still missing a few so there's no excuse if we come up short here.

Still, Wigan are nearly always competitive against us and I'm sure tonight won't be any different. I expect Bateman to put himself about a bit as he usually does and any team with him in it has a fighting chance.

Hull FC 26 Wigan 22.

Can't see anything but a Hull win here. Wigan seem to have gone!

Slightly overdramatic, they were cack against Widnes, but the game before they nilled a fellow semi finalist.

I think this one depends on how well Hull have been able to put the cup behind them and refocus. If this is a hungry, back to their best Hull team then they win by a couple of scores. If there's still a bit of a hangover, then Wigan will pinch it.

Sorry a fellow semi finalist. Hull v Wigan, Warrington v Wakefield , who have you in mind. If you are referring to the saints game they nilled  saints purely because saints knocked on time after time after wigan knock ons  and therefore failed to capiatlise as they did in the previous game.

As for Wigan gone you are correct Mr Wanes latest post (wigan warriors website) is all excuses about how difficult life has been during training with all the missing personnell and why this could not be transferred to the day of the game, as key players ie tomkins,crosbie just turned on the day to play.

smacks of desperation  very similar to the sack radford banners hull fans displayed last year today he walks on water in their eyes.

Sorry a fellow semi finalist. Hull v Wigan, Warrington v Wakefield , who have you in mind. If you are referring to the saints game they nilled saints purely because saints knocked on time after time after wigan knock ons and therefore failed to capiatlise as they did in the previous game.

As for Wigan gone you are correct Mr Wanes latest post (wigan warriors website) is all excuses about how difficult life has been during training with all the missing personnell and why this could not be transferred to the day of the game, as key players ie tomkins,crosbie just turned on the day to play.

smacks of desperation very similar to the sack radford banners hull fans displayed last year today he walks on water in their eyes.

Superleague semi finalist, not cup.

I dont expect to see Wigan walking out at OT. However, they haven't "gone." For all their shortcomings they are still a more than capable side.

Las Vegas or Cas Vegas mate?

I have the usual feeling of impending dread that always manifests itself before we play the Pies.

I think, much to Steve Reed's chagrin, we're back up to full strength and Wigan are still missing a few so there's no excuse if we come up short here.

Still, Wigan are nearly always competitive against us and I'm sure tonight won't be any different. I expect Bateman to put himself about a bit as he usually does and any team with him in it has a fighting chance.

Hull FC 26 Wigan 22.

Your sense of dread is well founded. According to today's HDM Wigan have won on their last seven visits to the KC. 

As MZH said earlier, much will depend on whether Hull have the right mental approach to the game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

HFC should have shaken off the post-Wembley hangover and will probably be feeling pretty bullish.

Wigan... will be the same old 2016 Wigan, I expect. Solid but unspectacular.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Hull FC for the win.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your sense of dread is well founded. According to today's HDM Wigan have won on their last seven visits to the KC.

As MZH said earlier, much will depend on whether Hull have the right mental approach to the game.

Yep and of course Hull FC have never won at Wembley!

A load of twaddle - FC by 15 points

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I'm going Wigan by a wide margin 20+ if you know what I know you'd bet on it

Going on your posting history, if I knew what you think you knew I'd stop posting on here.

If Wigan are twice as good as last week, then Hull by 20, never have I seen a team with so much ball and not having a clue what to do with it, calling them bad would be complimentary, they were much worse than that.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Wigan deserve to lose for inflicting that hi-viz kit on us once again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived