28 May: SB: Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • Draw
    • London Broncos

Discuss Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos at the Summer Bash here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a Sheffield Eagles victory.

Last year,at this event,it was the one occasion when they forgot to turn up.

Only last month,we shipped 56 points,at hopefully,our last temporary home,during a game where London demonstrated the best performance by any Championship side we have seen,this year.

Maybe this time London will forget to leave the sheds.

Maybe,despite the loss,to injury,of our newly appointed captain,Steve Thorpe,we can carry on as we started against Bradford last week,with a determined mindset and an ambition to turn our fortunes,and performances,around.

Disappointing,for The Eagles,that one of the Sheffield soccer sides should be at Wembley,with an opportunity to win somewhere in the region of 200 million pounds.

Hopefully,if we can start in the manner in which we hope to play for 80 minutes,we can win some of the television viewing public,from south Yorkshire,onto our side.

I am especially hoping that our pack perform at their maximum.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

We played very well against Whitehaven last week but woeful against Fev the week before. So which Broncos will turn up ?

Last year at SB we were at a low ebb and Sheffield on crest of a wave and we managed to blow them away. The tables have now turned in terms of form but lets hope the outcome continues to be a Broncos win.

No offence to Sheffield, but I'll be cheering on the Broncos.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It'll be closer than the last game at Sheffield. So long as the we are interested in this game Broncos team comes out of the sheds it should be a Broncos win by 12 points.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Bank Holiday traffic, eh? This could mean bumping Sheffield v London off the TV schedule, which would be a shame.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here we go, teams on the field.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Broncos, who have looked more likely thus far, score the first try with a kick to Rhys Williams.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

VR - no try to Garside.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sheffield score through QLT.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aston over!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seven penalties in the first 13 minutes. I don't suppose we could have a game of rugby?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived