The Photography Thread

Just had a short break in Brugges, after flying in to Brussels airport and expecting the usual dull trudge down the long boring hall to arrivals we were met by this poignant scene.

We arrived on the 4th of August 2014 - 100 years later.

P1000323Brussels_zps137eb5cb.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Bit of evening sun over the moors behind our house.

14851487801_0506d45cd0_c.jpgPeckett Well Sunset by 77gazza, on Flickr

Beautifully crafted photo.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

They call him mellow cello.

P1000328buskerS_zps9ad5a7ed.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Oooops

Edited by Padge

Nicole & Dale and the soon to be first born.

0W1C2501a-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 6th summer of living on the edge of the moors, and this is bar far the best display of heather that I can remember.

15063357801_cfc8b42f64_c.jpgPurple Pathway by 77gazza, on Flickr

Edited by gazza77

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

what a great idea well played

Guess who won the comp. ;):D :D :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I was thinking last night (yes, I know!), that so many of us take our photos on phones these days. Maybe a competition solely for photos take with a phone camera would be in order?

Nothing stops phone photos going in the general comp. I don't see a reason to discriminate. People vote for what they like and not for a persons tackle.

http://instagram.com/p/sngf-0yquK/

Link works but doesnt post photo

You need to wrap it in tags, click the image icon, small square just under the smiley and font icons. Click on that and post your image URL in the dialog that pops up.

First attempt at Tilt-shift

Miniature Las Vegas

15028496817_7b6ac06169_z.jpg

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

What is tilt-shift?  So much of the picture seems out of focus.  What am I missing here?

Tilt-shift photography is a type of photography in which the camera/photo is manipulated so that a life-sized location or subject looks like a miniature-scale model.

Very basically (and someone will be along shortly to give you an explanation in words most people not 'into' photography won't understand) you can take a photo of a 'normal' scene and by 'blurring' the top and bottom, it fools the brain into seeing a 'model sized' version of the photo. 

Here's a couple of 'proper sized' events that have been tilt shifted to make them look like miniature models.

pattagon.jpg

dutchb0y.jpg

lf2.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website