Featherstone

class of 63

Not wishing to be negative but not really expecting a result next week, one thing for sure, is that I will be going to Featherstone feeling proud and after our wins at Halifax and Batley our lads could do it with a good performance - but Featherstone will be looking to bounce back after their game yesterday 

Another huge game on Sunday and two more new talents in the squad.

The weather is supposed to be good so lets go to Big Fellas (Post Office Road) in numbers.  The boys really appreciate our your support.

Riggy

...and two more new talents in the squad.

Jake Shorrocks and Nick Gregson appear to be the 'new names'. Can anyone please tell us about these two new lions?

Jake Shorrocks is a half back number 28 in the current Wigan first team squad.  Also an England Academy international.  Will probably fill in for Ben White who injured his shoulder last weekend.

Nick Gregson is a second rower number 27 in the current first team squad at Wigan.

Made his full debut in the big Wigan win over Leeds a few weeks back.

Jake Shorrocks is a half back number 28 in the current Wigan first team squad.  Also an England Academy international.  Will probably fill in for Ben White who injured his shoulder last weekend.

Nick Gregson is a second rower number 27 in the current first team squad at Wigan.

Made his full debut in the big Wigan win over Leeds a few weeks back.

Isn't 'half back' the Australian term for scrum half. Sorry Riggy, but that being the case shouldn't Brits use our lingo, not Aussie lingo?

'Half back' in our meaning is one of two positions, i.e., 6 (stand-off) and 7 (scrum half) which are both half backs ('five eighth' is Oz for stand-off). It really annoys me just much none-British (downunderisms) terminology we have allowed into our RL parlance. It seriously bugs me when players' heights and weights are given in metric instead of imperial which should take priority every time. I don't expect anyone to back me on this as it has apparently become un-chic to be seen as 'old fashioned' nowadays. I do not, however, give a monkey's to you lot out there who will denigrate anything not to your liking and have little or no respect for some folks who've seen it all before, shall we say.

In a nutshell, if like me, you're British, then be proud and stand up against the drip, drip, drip of the gradual erosion of our way of using the English language. Nuffsed.

And yes, I DO subscribe to the RLJ.

Isn't 'half back' the Australian term for scrum half. Sorry Riggy, but that being the case shouldn't Brits use our lingo, not Aussie lingo?

'Half back' in our meaning is one of two positions, i.e., 6 (stand-off) and 7 (scrum half) which are both half backs ('five eighth' is Oz for stand-off). It really annoys me just much none-British (downunderisms) terminology we have allowed into our RL parlance. It seriously bugs me when players' heights and weights are given in metric instead of imperial which should take priority every time. I don't expect anyone to back me on this as it has apparently become un-chic to be seen as 'old fashioned' nowadays. I do not, however, give a monkey's to you lot out there who will denigrate anything not to your liking and have little or no respect for some folks who've seen it all before, shall we say.

In a nutshell, if like me, you're British, then be proud and stand up against the drip, drip, drip of the gradual erosion of our way of using the English language. Nuffsed.

I bet Riggy is chuffed he went to the trouble of replying to you !

'Half back' in our meaning is one of two positions, i.e., 6 (stand-off) and 7 (scrum half) which are both half backs ('five eighth' is Oz for stand-off). It really annoys me just much none-British (downunderisms) terminology we have allowed into our RL parlance. It seriously bugs me when players' heights and weights are given in metric instead of imperial which should take priority every time. I don't expect anyone to back me on this as it has apparently become un-chic to be seen as 'old fashioned' nowadays. I do not, however, give a monkey's to you lot out there who will denigrate anything not to your liking and have little or no respect for some folks who've seen it all before, shall we say.

It has never been chic to be old fashioned, just old fashioned.

I give my respect to those who have earned it not those who demand it because they've 'seen it all before'.

I was always taught that if I requested help then I be grateful for it wether it was the answer I wanted to hear or not.

Sometimes Keith you are just plain rude.

Chic is a French word not British.

'Nuffsed' is not a real word.

I don't care if you read or subscribe to RLJ as I'm a member of the PFJ.

In answer to your original question Nick Gregson has play in the Super League for Wigan on a number of occasions this season therefore he is robotic and boring with no skill whatsoever.

I also believe Riggy wishes he hadn't bothered too Mark!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

I had to go for a lie down :(

Yes don't forget your caps (not flat ones ) and your suntan lotion if you are on the terrace today.  Should be a cracking match but let us hope they give them a water break too if it is too hot.

Riggy

Shot down in flames again, sometimes I don't know why I bother ("I don't expect anyone to back me on this").

Point taken on one or two things but I still stand by the essence of my comments/views.

"Sometimes Keith you are just plain rude". And, of course you are never the least bit so, elevated as you are on the moral high ground. And again, nuffsed.

Oh and by the way Ian, apologies if I offended you and had to 'have a lie down'. We all know you're the equivalent of a 'national treasure' in Swinton RLFC circles.

Thought 6 & 7 ran the game for Rovers today. Pity Rams beat Bulls

Would agree there Ian, their number 7 really stood out from the crowd (Anthony Thackeray?).

Archived