Well Done.. That's all the fan's ask

coolie

Well done to the lads today

Did their best and that's all thats asked..it's not about winning.

It's about effort,pride,endeavour,

What we lack in skill I like to see compensated with enthusiasm

And today we got that

I'm happy today and came out the ground feeling like we'd won

Well done to all concerned :)

Thought the lads put in a good effort today.Thought we should of gobe in at HT winning, thought the officals got two wrong decisions which Bradford scored off.

Buls were better second half but te lads kept trying which we can only ask, well done today.

An enjoyable game with most of the elements that fans enjoy: plenty of effort and commitment, playing like a team, opportunities to question the officials' parentage and mentality, the chance to goad over-entitled opposition players, a bit of chat with loyal Bulls fans (they will be back for their third year in the Championship but stick with them - well done), warm weather (now the season is almost finished), a natter with my mates.

A decent afternoon with the prospect (??) of a victory over Haven on Sunday to cement our position in the play-offs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

And today we got that

Agreed. Top performance today. Couldn't have asked more and deserved a point at least.

And today we got that

I totally agree, BUT would ire to win occasionally.

Hope the highlights show why we question the officials' decisions sometimes. Bradford were offside at almost every kick-off, tries from forward passes, a try from a tap restart before the ref had blown his whistle, the final try - did the Bulls player knock on or pass the ball along the ground and did Glover kick a goal that was disallowed?

Wholly enjoyable game.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Yes it was a great performance without Groat, Farrell, Hemingway, Walshaw, Sykes, Uaisele. Our kicking game was excellent in the first half, dropped off a bit in the second - couple of easy 20 metre re-starts, one leading to a try. Think Stringer is giving us some real leadership, which is something we have missed. Glover was superb on attack and defence and the winger Donald improved as the game went on.

If Glover could have converted those two kickable chances and we have completed the sets in the second as we did in the first, it would have been very close.

Great team performance, we just need to back that up next week. Think we are now safe from any chance of relegation, just need to try and get a semi against Halifax.

Yes it was a great performance without Groat, Farrell, Hemingway, Walshaw, Sykes, Uaisele. Our kicking game was excellent in the first half, dropped off a bit in the second - couple of easy 20 metre re-starts, one leading to a try. Think Stringer is giving us some real leadership, which is something we have missed. Glover was superb on attack and defence and the winger Donald improved as the game went on.

If Glover could have converted those two kickable chances and we have completed the sets in the second as we did in the first, it would have been very close.

Great team performance, we just need to back that up next week. Think we are now safe from any chance of relegation, just need to try and get a semi against Halifax.

So that means winning from here on.... especially at Sheffield ....  it is possible.. especially if the spirit and morale shown today, and at Fax is maintained!!  

I really enjoyed it today but was also very frustrated with the inconsistency shown by the ref, especially on the restarts ...  Moss and Morton .. exactly the same situation .. Moss is allowed to play and the Bulls score ... Morton looked as though he might create something and is pulled back!!!  ....  (did Glover need to rush that conversion attempt??)

Speakman better at 9!!!  keep Glover in the 17!! ....  Hale and Spicer ,  we are so much better when they play!! 

One of the best performance I"ve seen from the rams this season,even though we lost!!We need to built the team around players like Glover.

Happy just seeing a committed performance for a change.

One thing though,they must have been more then the announced attendance of just over 1800 in th ground.

One of the aspects that really pleased me today was Gradys application ... if he is leaving us he certainly didn't play as though he was ... a true professional performance!!  .... no holding back no lack of effort or commitment!!  ... unlike some others who will remain nameless !!

I know Morro as come under some critisism from fans over performances this season over last few month or so, me included but can't fault the lads effort this last few week since the Workington shambles. Fair play to Glen and the players. That's all the fans ask for, effort and passion like that with abit of decent rugby in there too beats the boring stuff I've watched half of the season. Proud today!. Time to get behind Morro now?? If he could install this sort of passion more consistently nobody would of be unhappy and calling for change. We looked well drilled today, played well as a team and gave our all, we know we can do it so let's hope it continues and we can become alittle more consistent.

I know Morro as come under some critisism from fans over performances this season over last few month or so, me included but can't fault the lads effort this last few week since the Workington shambles. Fair play to Glen and the players. That's all the fans ask for, effort and passion like that with abit of decent rugby in there. Proud.

Let's not get giddy slapping folk on the back

He distances himself from poor performance's so he's getting the same distance on good performance's.. That's only fair.

I call what I see on the pitch

And if it's rubbish.. And been the shy type I'll let my feelings known in my usual quiet way ;)

If it's good I'll be first to congratulate the boys

The leader needs to put a few more performance's yet

To get his "coolie achievement award"

Blue peter might have been slapdash banging their badges out in the past

Unfortunately I don't do slapdash ;)

Job well done today

So let's not start throwing extended contracts out again shall we :)

Let's not get giddy slapping folk on the back

He distances himself from poor performance's so he's getting the same distance on good performance's.. That's only fair.

I call what I see on the pitch

And if it's rubbish.. And been the shy type I'll let my feelings known in my usual quiet way ;)

If it's good I'll be first to congratulate the boys

The leader needs to put a few more performance's yet

To get his "coolie achievement award"

Blue peter might have been slapdash banging their badges out in the past

Unfortunately I don't do slapdash ;)

Job well done today

So let's not start throwing extended contracts out again shall we :)

So if he can install that sort of passion week on week will he get Coolie badge?

So if he can install that sort of passion week on week will he get Coolie badge?

Week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week

I'll consider it ;)

Week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week on week

I'll consider it ;)

So he has to do it for 32 weeks!!  I see the aspiration if not, necessarily, the feasibility!!  hey I would settle for 29 with the off weeks being in the first 10!!  ...  

The ground looked packed. Very suprised with a crowd given so low. Can we honestly fit 3,300 more people in????

It was packed on the Eastern terrace but quite empty in the South Stand. This is one of the benefits of summer rugby, I believe.

:rtfm:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

For me the biggest and most encouraging improvement yesterday, aside from the collective commitment on display, was the speeded up play the ball and the associated strong running and/or quick, accurate passing that followed. For too much of the season Ram's ptb has been slow and thus easy to defend against. Against Bradford, Rams put Bradford on the back foot for large parts of the game.... and its just better to watch!

For me the biggest and most encouraging improvement yesterday, aside from the collective commitment on display, was the speeded up play the ball and the associated strong running and/or quick, accurate passing that followed. For too much of the season Ram's ptb has been slow and thus easy to defend against. Against Bradford, Rams put Bradford on the back foot for large parts of the game.... and its just better to watch!

like this post. Totally agree

He can't. We know that. Inconsistency has been the only consistent for too long now but agree that yesterday was a breath of fresh air.

Think return of Toby was a massive plus. Had almost forgot he existed.

Archived