Web Sites Builders

I am setting up my own business & I would appreciate any help from the forum about which website builders are the best for new companies.

I aim to bake and distribute home baked dog biscuits in the Hastings, & East Sussex area, but I want to set up a website where I can distribute further afield. (I already have a customer in Suffolk for example).

Any Ideas about setting up a paypal input account?

Any ideas about what I shouldn't do?

If your looking to take orders online I'd look at some of the prepacked stuff like Shopify, or Wordpress is mean't to be decent although its a while since I used to it.  Either should have plenty of cost effective templates you can use to get up and running, with the ability to take paypal payment.

• 3 weeks later...

I am setting up my own business & I would appreciate any help from the forum about which website builders are the best for new companies.

I aim to bake and distribute home baked dog biscuits in the Hastings, & East Sussex area, but I want to set up a website where I can distribute further afield. (I already have a customer in Suffolk for example).

Any Ideas about setting up a paypal input account?

Any ideas about what I shouldn't do?

Are you building this yourself or looking for someone to design something you can then use?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

While we are on the subject of internet, and programmes, I am doing an Excel Spreadsheet for the entire season, including scores, and one of my bug bears is low scoring games that clash with dates, such as12-16 getting transposed as Dec 16. How do I try and stop Excel from converting scores into dates?

While we are on the subject of internet, and programmes, I am doing an Excel Spreadsheet for the entire season, including scores, and one of my bug bears is low scoring games that clash with dates, such as12-16 getting transposed as Dec 16. How do I try and stop Excel from converting scores into dates?

Select the column, then (IIRC) right-click the header of the column and choose 'Format Cells' from the context menu. I think the format you need is 'Text' or 'Number' - whichever doesn't reformat the data in the column. 'Text' seems more likely, from my memory, as that doesn't reformat anything.

I'm a little vague, as I haven't used Excel for a bit, and different versions  have different options.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived