NFL/American Football

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a New York Jets fan.

You have my sympathies.

As a Chicago Cubs fan I've, over time, drifted to supporting Chicago in all sports (bar the S*x obviously). So that means the Bears.  And that means I have strong opinions on Jay Cutler.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I was fascinated with the game when it was first aired on C4 back in 82.

The sight of john riggins running at the likes of mark gastineau was thrilling.

I followed it with a bit more interest in the patriots than other teams but other than their whooping by Chicago in the Superbowl they didnt do much at that time.

I gradually lost interest as i could only follow the game on tv.

The last 10 yrs I've been to canada and watched the CFL and the BC lions a few times. Whatching the game live is a much better experience.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I do like the BBC highlights show, pity they don't have regular games anymore.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still with the raiders since the marcus allen years. Oh yes, this is our year :jester:

I am going to see the Raiders this Sunday.  I checked in with a Raiders fan and they are "actually OK" at the moment, which is rather exciting.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I am going to see the Raiders this Sunday.  I checked in with a Raiders fan and they are "actually OK" at the moment, which is rather exciting.

Going to Oakland?  Good luck!  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

make sure they haven't actually moved to vegas before sunday :sleep:

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Going to Oakland?  Good luck!  

It is really not that scary.  It will be my second trip to see the Raiders.  They are actually very welcoming to someone they assume is a posh, classy tourist.

make sure they haven't actually moved to vegas before sunday :sleep:

Yes, that is more of a concern.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

They are actually very welcoming to someone they assume is a posh, classy tourist.

Maybe so, but how do they treat you?

It is really not that scary.  It will be my second trip to see the Raiders.  They are actually very welcoming to someone they assume is a posh, classy tourist.

Maybe so, but how do they treat you?

Note the "they assume"!  I know you lot too well to not cover that comeback! 

Those figures hardly suggest the English football violence in the seventies. Just for comparison what are the arrest statistics in Superleague?

Primarily Giants but I also have a soft spot for the Dolphins. Beckham JR is a freak for the Giants.

Been getting into it more than previous years, even playing Madden on the Xbox!! Losing to the 49ers in my first season in the Divisional Playoff :( Thing is I have to recruit now and have no idea about defensive positions!!

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

The San Diego Chargers lost the big vote in the town yesterday. This spells the end for the chargers franchise in San Diego but possibly means that San Diego will be one of the four "home" teams playing in England as part of the International series in 2017.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/sports-news/san-diego-sacks-new-stadium-proposal.html

My money would be on Chargers owners the Spanos family taking up the option left open to them by the NFL of becoming the Rams partner in Stan Kronke's Inglewood development. The fact that the Chargers is in the AFC and the Rams in the NFC means like the Jets/Giants there should be no impediment to this.

I canont understand why the people of San Diego turned their backs on an innovative inner city development funded not by taxpayers dollars but by an increase in the Hotel Tax and hence on visitors and in doing so turned their back on the NFL.

A sad day for the city of San Diego and Chargers fans

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

San Diego moving will be a sad day for the NFL but with the millions that NFL teams rake in and the millionaire owners they can afford  to build their own stadia instead of threatening to relocate if new ones aren't built for them with public money.

As well as the Chargers there is also the chance of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. I'm not sure whether having a Vegas based  team is going to be a good idea or not and what I have read about Goodell I think that he might not be too thrilled with the idea of having a team based in a city world famous for gambling.

Primarily Giants but I also have a soft spot for the Dolphins. Beckham JR is a freak for the Giants.

Been getting into it more than previous years, even playing Madden on the Xbox!! Losing to the 49ers in my first season in the Divisional Playoff :( Thing is I have to recruit now and have no idea about defensive positions!!

At the defensive line there are the defensive tackles with a defensive end at each end of the line. The main job of the defensive ends is to get to the quarterback to sack him or mainly to force the QB to throw before he is ready. The defensive tackles main job is to stop the running backs from gaining yards. Behind the line are the linebackers who have to be able to be good at getting to the QB and running backs and being able to cover receivers. Cornerbacks are the ones who line up with the wide receivers. The free safety stands deep to cover long throws and help out the cornerbacks while the strong safety is more responsible for helping to stop running plays.

I would say that the main place to start strengthing is the defensive line as it is the line of scrimmage where games are won and lost.

Archived