Reserves

andyram

Bad night this evening for our reserves against Halifax, losing 70-10,think it was 48-0 at halftime.

Probably results are not as important at this level but I saw Hull beating Wigan,when we play them it could be a cricket score.Is this any good for the development of the reserves?

In a nut shell no! Can't see them seeing it through to the end of the season. Disappointing but our finances mean our first team struggles to compete in its respective league, so for our reserves to be playing the likes of Wigan and Hull is laughable. Feel for them and those in charge. Zero opportunities to grow this game because to upset the bigger clubs would be a crime.

Would a Dewsbury/Batley joint reserves work I ask? Haven't the Hull clubs done something similar? Plenty of local clubs in the area, both have young coaches, cost could be split and if there were any gems that either club liked the look of then leave it the player to decide or let the clubs have a bidding war. If any other clubs wanted the players (I.e Super League clubs) then any fee recieved to be split. Can't see any negatives but sure some of you will find or create some.

Does anybody know what sort of team we put out? According to the reporter Glenn said some players that played against Sheffield last weekend will find themselves in the reserves at Halifax.

I think we will see the season out with the reserves as we've put quite a bit of money into it not to do so.As for next year I can't see us doing so,a shame really but after last night's game I don't think we play again till end of may beginning of June.

Does anybody know what sort of team we put out? According to the reporter Glenn said some players that played against Sheffield last weekend will find themselves in the reserves at Halifax.

I think we will see the season out with the reserves as we've put quite a bit of money into it not to do so.As for next year I can't see us doing so,a shame really but after last night's game I don't think we play again till end of may beginning of June.[/quote ] Mostly the ones who played against Keighley the week before.

Team

Will Forsyth

Sam Dunn

Brad Adams

Brett Barlow

Joe Barrow

Kieran Holt

Jack Mitchell

Sam Bates     (On Teamsheet but did not play! We had 16 players)

Billy Yarrow

Josh Ellis

James Thornton

Dom Horn

Reece Trout

Sam Ottewell

Jose Kenga

Tom Shaw

Danny Douglas

They had Ecclestone, Potts and Maneely and several other

very large and very quick players - and 6 Subs.

Men v Boys

If they hadn't switched the team around in the 2nd Half, it could

have been 100.

Team

Will Forsyth

Sam Dunn

Brad Adams

Brett Barlow

Joe Barrow

Kieran Holt

Jack Mitchell

Sam Bates     (On Teamsheet but did not play! We had 16 players)

Billy Yarrow

Josh Ellis

James Thornton

Dom Horn

Reece Trout

Sam Ottewell

Jose Kenga

Tom Shaw

Danny Douglas

They had Ecclestone, Potts and Maneely and several other

very large and very quick players - and 6 Subs.

Men v Boys

If they hadn't switched the team around in the 2nd Half, it could

have been 100.

So Morrison's statement in reporter"some of them players will be in the reserves against Halifax" didn't happen then.

So Morrison's statement in reporter"some of them players will be in the reserves against Halifax" didn't happen then.

More like some of the reserves will be playing against Wigan, hence the weak line up. I hear a birdie cheeping that Morton might be being "rested" from this game.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That reserves winger with dodgy name playing instead. He's in 19 man squad. that reserve lad any good? Muranka also in. Hopefully James Delaney will be in soon. Rate him our best hooker. It's basically probably all we've got..

Looking at the Fax team just in the starting 13 theres 8 players who either have played first team or are in the first team squad. It looked a pretty strong squad where a lot of them could be first team regulars at clubs in our division. Lets face it though the reserve set up is a bit of a farce at the moment which does not help things.

I don't understand the Morton haters... He lets a few in but Dalton isn't the handiest in defence imo.

I feel we've got two strong wingers :)

I don't hate anyone with the guts to go out on the RL field but his defence this season has been even more woeful than before. He still makes the squad for Sunday however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Distinct lack of props on Sunday, only Teanby and Walker.

Yep, too many small forwards - they'll just barge through in MR Wane's favourite style. We can only pick the players who are fit, however.

Let's hope a couple recover in time for Whitehaven, the important match.

I don't understand the Morton haters... He lets a few in but Dalton isn't the handiest in defence imo.

I feel we've got two strong wingers :)

I suggest you look back at the video highlights over the past couple of seasons and see which side the majority of the opposition tries are conceded. I don't hate Morton, I just don't think he's very good. Takes the ball in hard, and finishes the tries most average wingers would, but that's it. It is possible he might not play on Sunday, along with one or two others who are "on a warning", but will be reinstated after we take a thumping at the hands of Wigan.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Sadly most players at Championship level are there because they have a flaw or two in their game, be it pace, defence, high ball etc. Alex Brown is one of my all-time favourite players and has tickled various other clubs including SL but he lacks the polish to make him a SL star like McGillvary went on from Batley to be, but that doesn't stop me supporting him. Morton has done OK on the occasions I've seen him play and perhaps his positives offset his deficiencies enough to get a shirt, at least in Morro's eyes?   

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived