Welcome back Jason

GMcK

Workington Towns preparations for the 2017 season have received a great boost with the re-signing of last season’s vice captain Jason Mossop. The ever present centre who has just been granted a RFL testimonial year has played for the club for 10 seasons and is renowned as a leader on and off the pitch.

Town’s Director of Rugby Les Ashe said ‘’The club is absolutely delighted that Jason has signed for next season. His experience will be invaluable in a new look team and one that will have young talented players in as we build for the future. He brings many qualities to the team and we will be looking to him and other senior players, soon to be announced, to pass their significant experience on. On a personal note I originally signed Jason 10 years ago so I’m really pleased that he has signed again. He richly deserves his testimonial and the club hopes that it is a fantastic success for him’'.

Mossop said ‘ I’m pleased to re-sign for Workington Town. Having played for the club for 10 years I’m really glad that I will spend my testimonial year with them. The club is regrouping after a difficult year and I’m eager to play my part in helping the team and club rebuild for the future. I’m really looking forward to working with our new coach Dave Clark. He comes with a great reputation and I’m sure that the team he is assembling will be very competitive and importantly one that is positioned for the next few seasons to come".

Did kris not retire

Don't think there has been any official retirement announcements on kris or matty which you would have thought there would have been by now if they were definitely hanging their boots up, so hopefully both will be carrying on.

to be fair theres not many left to commit or leave now. The phillips bros, matty and alex i believe.

Ha ha you're right marra, but we have waited all this time for an information source, GMac steps up to the plate and you steal the poor blokes thunder as he starts building a bit of interest.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

both gone to barrow by all accounts. I think tom is a definate though as hes gone as part of there community team

Shame about them both leaving but especially Tom, I thought he was one of our better players last season, Brett was always good when fit enough to play. I thought Brett was part of our community team ?

Shame about them both leaving but especially Tom, I thought he was one of our better players last season, Brett was always good when fit enough to play. I thought Brett was part of our community team ?

yeah I was thinking of the community role with BC. Also with a barrow connection at head coach. Likely still has an offer on the table as nothings been said official.

i dont brett has signed anywhere yet.im pretty certain tom is a done deal unfortunately though

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived