Fev v Town

Terry Mac

That was just a line in the RLE on this mooted reserve set up , where it mentioned the possibility of using overspill from the ' partner ' club in their new reserve side . Not DR as is now . I thought that wasn't a bad idea if it came about

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally agree with thundergaz it brought nothing to town in the early half of the season town were in relegation place until the arrival of sammut and a more consistent home squad .I think if dr has ended then let it be a clean break , nothing wrong with the old fashioned loan system imo

Town's 19 man squad for Sunday :- Murphy, Stack, Akehurst, Sammut, Forber, Ritson, Rooney, Lucock, Szostak, Olstrum, Mossop, Whiteley, McAvoy, Walker, Coward, Carter, B Phillips, Scholey and Doran.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

You've got to feel sorry for Forrester . Frustrated at lack of opportunities , gets a chance and is now badly needed , and gets an injury due to unlawful challenge

Two games with Dewsbury were the lads ended up on the shelf due to other peoples knees

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Is anyone interested in these play off's ? It's probably the most meaningless trophy in sporting history (mind you if haven won it, in ten years time they would be having a celebration dinner to mark their magnificent achievement ;) ).

If we got to the final I doubt we would take 3 buses, the same goes for Dewsbury, Fev would probably take a few more but I doubt their fan's are interested either. This format needs changed next season, It's either too few games or too many, there has to be an happy medium.

i dont understand the lack of build up and even chatter on here for todays game , seems a lack of faith or disinterest in the fringe squad , you'd expect it more reason for people to get behind them ?

If the players can't be bothered turning up, why should we?

Very poor.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

It's an odd situation, 5 players missing, not able to field 17 fit men, zero chance of winning, a team that's battered us at full strength twice already this year, got our extra prize money. Pointless mini competition that no one cares about. Hopefully the boys can put in a performance for pride, I just hope this isn't the last time we see mr sammut in a town jersey.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Bet it won't be as pointless if Town win. This particular topic will have 16 to 20 pages by 5 o'clock if that happens. Remember Fev have been fielding around 7 youngsters for a while so you have every chance.

well have 14-15 players today. If we do beat you with that then you have far bigger problems than you think

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Stop sitting on fence phil and being all nicey picey with em we beat them up there with youngsters in the team so stop using that as a reason for teams to have a chance against us

they have no chance today - fev by 24+ Worky will get more than 0 though

Stop sitting on fence phil and being all nicey picey with em we beat them up there with youngsters in the team so stop using that as a reason for teams to have a chance against us

they have no chance today - fev by 24+ Worky will get more than 0 though

Anything can happen in a game of Rugby. Players sent off etc. They beat us with a conditioner on the wing recently. I ain't being nice. We ain't Fev of a couple of years ago. I hope you are right and of course you would expect us to win but one thing is for sure never count your chickens. Many of the mighty have fallen to Fev in years gone by as you will be aware.All I am doing is pointing out that their apathy would soon change if they won.

Archived