A great day for RL and pure drama - Koukash stays at Salford and TO get promoted

What time is the Aus final on UK time?

Kick off 9:20am. But it'll start late. It usually does.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meaningful l matches and they don't get more meaningful than that.

We have Wire vanquishing evil, Wigan's young boys winning against all the odds, Toulouse flying the tricolour for international expansion and now the Mad Experiments of Dr K guaranteed to be on our screens for at least another year...

Always the troll GC - it will be a great GF - two good attacking sides with defences to match - only skill will win that not the grind of a NRL GF with a tight last 5 minutes - Cronulla will smother the game and Storm will respond with a wrestle fest - yawn - Storm by a try - Cronk playing in a dinner jacket again

The MPG was a good match with the result in doubt until the last second - I hope KR get some support felt sick for them at the end - what a way to get relegated

Two good semis and a great CC final - Magic was good as well - general standard in between dropped off for me over the summer - too many matches, too many injuries and where the best have depth the rest are very thin squads

Shame Hull FC ran out of steam - less matches and there definitely would be a new name on the GF trophy

Other than the number of matches which just are too many, the promotion of Toulouse, the addition of Toronto and Salford with a big spoon and a license to stir it up again next year, KR v TO, and the general quality of the championship - and a RLWC - means next year will be very good IMHO - looking forward to it already

Not to mention the 4N's this year - cracking!

Meaningful l matches and they don't get more meaningful than that.

We have Wire vanquishing evil, Wigan's young boys winning against all the odds, Toulouse flying the tricolour for international expansion and now the Mad Experiments of Dr K guaranteed to be on our screens for at least another year...

How dare you come on here with your positive assessments. Don't you know this is the forum for miserable malcontents?

(0f course there are many honourable exceptions, and some interesting debates and exchanges of opinion, but overall, the tenor is still "everything is rubbish all the time")

How dare you come on here with your positive assessments. Don't you know this is the forum for miserable malcontents?

(0f course there are many honourable exceptions, and some interesting debates and exchanges of opinion, but overall, the tenor is still "everything is rubbish all the time")

Give it a rest John.

rldfsignature.jpg

Reaction to the game on twitter seems very positive indeed from fans. Surely that is justification for the MPG.

How many fans? What would an alternative system have thrown up? 

Calm down, it was great, but Championship finals were great when they used to promote clubs.

Don't confuse a fantastic match or three with a fantastic league system.

How many fans? What would an alternative system have thrown up? 

Calm down, it was great, but Championship finals were great when they used to promote clubs.

Don't confuse a fantastic match or three with a fantastic league system.

Some of the best games on Sky have been in the 8's this year, the success of the underdog ignites the general publics interest and hence the build up to yesterday plus the huge SM interest after it

The game commentary on the BBC in those last few minutes... but the bloke with kevin Brown (widnes) was the best and most exhilarating i have ever heard...I was laughing out loud as he cranked up the intensity wonderfully with a degree of incredulity almost awe...It was outstanding drama!

The TO v Raiders Final was pure theatre. All the emotions were stirred by both sides and the importance of the situation. Hitchcock would have struggled to make it more gripping. Barrow were down and out and on their knees but a miraculous  comeback in the last 15 minutes looked like they could overturn things. The nerves jangled as the beers slid down and the fans either willed the final hooter to sound or timekeeper Alibert to have a horological malfunction.

Rugby League was the ultimate winner and Crarey proved that there is dignity in defeat and Houles got his just desserts after a long season of domination and doubt. Hewer played his part and proved his place up there wih the best around.

Au revoir Liam Harrison, a true legend and gentleman and Danny Hulme who still boasts his place in RL history.

The TO v Raiders Final was pure theatre. All the emotions were stirred by both sides and the importance of the situation. Hitchcock would have struggled to make it more gripping. Barrow were down and out and on their knees but a miraculous comeback in the last 15 minutes looked like they could overturn things. The nerves jangled as the beers slid down and the fans either willed the final hooter to sound or timekeeper Alibert to have a horological malfunction.

Rugby League was the ultimate winner and Crarey proved that there is dignity in defeat and Houles got his just desserts after a long season of domination and doubt. Hewer played his part and proved his place up there wih the best around.

Au revoir Liam Harrison, a true legend and gentleman and Danny Hulme who still boasts his place in RL history.

Oiseau - will Hulme be playing in Elite 1 still?

Oiseau - will Hulme be playing in Elite 1 still?

I asked him and he didn't know, he has recently been given a job upgrade which means he has less time for training etc Losing him would be a loss to RL considering he's only 25 (ish). I wouldn't be surprised if he did turn out for the Broncos though he says hasn't yet decided. He took a really nasty knock yesterday on the hour mark (from a perfectly legit tackle by Wilkes if I recall) and stayed down. He looked bad and the doc came out and suggested he get stretchered off. He had trouble breathing and was unable to walk of his own accord. After about a minute he managed to get up with help and loosened up a bit and trotted to his position much to the amazement of all concerned. He then went on and scored a superb breakaway try a few minutes later. He said after he couldn't breath and had a piercing pain in his kidneys which was still affecting him so gawd only knows what he did to himself ?  I just hope Stan Robin is up to the task !

Archived