An interesting approach to communication

Blind side johnny

Nothing to do with the Rams, of course, but interesting nonetheless:

http://www.hullkr.co.uk/club/news/article/blog-from-chairman-neil-hudgell

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

In part you can substitute Dewsbury for HKR in that blog.

Item 4 - "We want to over achieve".We haven't seen much of that here, so that's what I want too.

Item 5 - Broadly the same.

Item 6 - Similar, with certainly an investment in youth.

Item 9 - Why cannot his motives be questioned?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

In part you can substitute Dewsbury for HKR in that blog.

Except that he is reaching out to communicate, which we seem to have stopped doing. Anodyne interviews with players and uncritical match reports don't cut it somehow.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

The letter warning season ticket holders to their behaviour seems pretty upfront. Ouch

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not sure its away fans whom behave like Neanderthals

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not sure its away fans whom behave like Neanderthals

Neanderthals weren't warlike which is one reason they became extinct.

If you believe that there is nothing but sweetness and light emanating from all away fans, particularly your lot, then you are delusional.

Neanderthals weren't warlike which is one reason they became extinct.

If you believe that there is nothing but sweetness and light emanating from all away fans, particularly your lot, then you are delusional.

Unfortunately (particularly over the last 5 years or so) there has been factions from both the heavy woollen clubs who claim to be supporters, who turn up at derby games with the sole intent to goad the opposition supporters.

I find it quite abhorrent to witness these moronic cretins wearing Batley (and Dewsbury) shirts alike,prancing around like latterday 'hardmen'.

Its funny how you don't see the same faces up at the mount on home match days........

It seems the norm now and creates hateful atmospheres when at one time the light hearted, albeit scathing,banter was quite enjoyable.

I dont go up to Owl lane anymore for this reason.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Many families will swerve owl lane after easters trouble. One things for sure the warning sawyer recieved and the letter distributed to season ticket holders is a poor reflection on the speccies

Unfortunately (particularly over the last 5 years or so) there has been factions from both the heavy woollen clubs who claim to be supporters, who turn up at derby games with the sole intent to goad the opposition supporters.

I find it quite abhorrent to witness these moronic cretins wearing Batley (and Dewsbury) shirts alike,prancing around like latterday 'hardmen'.

Its funny how you don't see the same faces up at the mount on home match days........

It seems the norm now and creates hateful atmospheres when at one time the light hearted, albeit scathing,banter was quite enjoyable.

I dont go up to Owl lane anymore for this reason.

I don't enjoy the derbies anymore - apart from the unpleasant atmosphere, the matches are usually dire as well.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Neanderthals weren't warlike which is one reason they became extinct

Well, they certainly didn't throw bottles!

I don't think that we know why they became extinct.  They seem to have been tough blighters.  Perhaps, in a similar way to the decline in Scottish Wildcats, they were gradually bred out of existence (we carry Neanderthal dna). Or perhaps like some South American tribes they lacked resistance to disease carried by the incomers.           

Sorry folks; back on thread somebody?

Apart from throwing 3 bottles and stones at two pensioners from the top of the south stand.

Dont try defend the actions of a few bed wetters. I get it the gang arent regulars but the only throwing occurred from your lot.

Why would "our fans" drench their own supporters.

Have you read the letter. Pretty damning. Funny thing is batley didnt get one

they were gradually bred out of existence (we carry Neanderthal dna).

And some have more than most! It is rumoured there is a tribe still surviving in Chick :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Dont try defend the actions of a few bed wetters. I get it the gang arent regulars but the only throwing occurred from your lot.

Why would "our fans" drench their own supporters.

Have you read the letter. Pretty damning. Funny thing is batley didnt get one

As you well know 9'O the letter was sent out to season ticket holders only. there was poor behaviour from a small number of Batley fans at the game so don't try to deny it. There was also poor behaviour from a group of Ram's fans; neither the club nor decent fans are trying to deny that either.

As you well know 9'O the letter was sent out to season ticket holders only. there was poor behaviour from a small number of Batley fans at the game so don't try to deny it. There was also poor behaviour from a group of Ram's fans; either the club nor decent fans are trying to deny that either.

Its all about individuals ... its not Dewsbury its not Batley ...  These people are not fans ..they are  individual people that attended the game looking for their preferred sport ( which is not on the pitch ) .... I must have been to thousands of games ... Rugby.. Football .. Cricket ... even horse racing and darts!! .... I have been aware of trouble happening at all of them  ...  but I have never been involved in trouble at any of them ....  I choose not to!!!  We all have a choice .... just walk away from it .. let the 'individuals'  who perpetuate this behaviour realise they are not representing a badge .. they are just unwelcome idiots!!  ....  also don't let them blame alcohol!!  ... I enjoy a pint or two ... but I enjoy the game ... win or lose !! ( mostly) .... If you come looking for trouble .. its easy to find... no booze required .... plus its almost impossible to get drunk on carlsberg!!!!

So in summary ... its just individuals with an agenda!!  .. no excuses ... we don't need them .. we don't want them ... I say to them stay away!! 

Archived