Australia name their Kangaroo Squad

KANGAROOS TEAM:

Darius Boyd, Semi Radradra, Greg Inglis, Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith ©, Paul Gallen, Josh Papalii, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker. Bench: Josh McGuire, Michael Morgan, James Tamou, Sam Thaiday. 18th man: Aidan Guerra, 19th man: Michael Jennings.

Not a bad team, only 4 NSW players and 4 Rookies

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Tainted team while ever that drug cheat is in it as far as I'm concerned.

That starting X111 will have an average age of 30 by the time the four nations comes.

Their youngest player is not even Australian.

Australia have no faith in the talent they are producing?

Tainted team while ever that drug cheat is in it as far as I'm concerned.

You do not believe in serving the time for the crime?

You do not believe in serving the time for the crime?

3 weeks is in no was sufficient for being a drug cheat & all round unlikeable character.

When players get two weeks for throwing a plastic water bottle then supporters of the game have every right to be disillusioned with drug cheats only getting 3.

The Aussies are only doing what comes naturally to them-cheating. But the Immigration people have also done their bit by rushing through Radradra`s papers to become an Aussie,the NRL no doubt providing the not unsubstantial cost as well. For us on a Kiwi passport,it`s virtually impossible to do the same,just ask Russell Crowe and for many others it`ll cost well over a hundred grand and they`ll have to wait years! 

The Aussies are only doing what comes naturally to them-cheating. But the Immigration people have also done their bit by rushing through Radradra`s papers to become an Aussie,the NRL no doubt providing the not unsubstantial cost as well. For us on a Kiwi passport,it`s virtually impossible to do the same,just ask Russell Crowe and for many others it`ll cost well over a hundred grand and they`ll have to wait years! 

If that was the case how do some many Islanders and Indians get Kiwi Passports then move to Australia?

Most of them do not look like they have "a hundred grand"

I know plenty of Kiwis that moved to Australia and it cost the entire Family less than 10k

- Citizenship has nothing to do with RLIF eligibility.

- If anyone paid the cost of Semi's paperwork it would have been the Eels. There's nothing unusual about an employer paying for a migrant employee's paperwork

- "not unsubstantial cost" is about $300 - $3000 depending on when you arrived. Semi is on $250K/year so I think he can afford it.

- it's no harder for Kiwis than it is for anyone else although they can stay here forever without becoming citizens.

- Everybody has to be here at least 4 years.

- That Russell Crowe story is BS. Despite his version the Immigration Dept has never received an application for citizenship from him.

- How could it cost anyone $100K?

Don`t know where you blokes get that misinformation from. If you`ve arrived in Australia after February 2001,it`s virtually impossible for Kiwis to get Australian citizenship. We are all "residents" of Australia which virtually means second class citizenship;can`t vote,can`t get the dole,can`t get other benefits that Australians get,though we can use the medical facilities through the compulsory acquisition of having to obtain a Medicare card,and of course pay millions a year in tax. Unlike Aussies who go the other way,they only have to stay two years in NZ and can receive everything Kiwis get,plus are eligible to vote (if they so wish). There`s a Kiwi lady living in Perth who married an Australian bloke fifteen years ago and had two kids with him, He died,she can`t work and can`t get any benefits for her Australian kids because she`s a Kiwi. Work that one out. Sure,there`s thousands of Islanders who come and work here,play footy etc,they all have Kiwi passports,but none of those will ever be allowed to become Australian citizens because the cost and red tape deliberately prevents that. Russell Crowe no doubt could afford citizenship if he so wished,a hundred grand plus would be nothing to him,I guess he`s being bloody minded and can`t be arsed.

But I`ll stick to my original statement,the Aussies bend the rules to suit them and always have,some things I`ll admit benefit the game,but this one is a joke. 

Don`t know where you blokes get that misinformation from. If you`ve arrived in Australia after February 2001,it`s virtually impossible for Kiwis to get Australian citizenship. We are all "residents" of Australia which virtually means second class citizenship;can`t vote,can`t get the dole,can`t get other benefits that Australians get,though we can use the medical facilities through the compulsory acquisition of having to obtain a Medicare card,and of course pay millions a year in tax. Unlike Aussies who go the other way,they only have to stay two years in NZ and can receive everything Kiwis get,plus are eligible to vote (if they so wish). There`s a Kiwi lady living in Perth who married an Australian bloke fifteen years ago and had two kids with him, He died,she can`t work and can`t get any benefits for her Australian kids because she`s a Kiwi. Work that one out. Sure,there`s thousands of Islanders who come and work here,play footy etc,they all have Kiwi passports,but none of those will ever be allowed to become Australian citizens because the cost and red tape deliberately prevents that. Russell Crowe no doubt could afford citizenship if he so wished,a hundred grand plus would be nothing to him,I guess he`s being bloody minded and can`t be arsed.

But I`ll stick to my original statement,the Aussies bend the rules to suit them and always have,some things I`ll admit benefit the game,but this one is a joke. 

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/02/the-kiwis-are-coming-australia-offers-permanent-residency-to-60000-new-zealanders/

oh dear Diddy, maybe you need to change your name to Hissy Dave after that.

I am not even sure that Semi is an Oz citizen. He qualifies for Aus having lived in Aus for three years.

As for Aussies allowing Kiwis to vote on Australian Parliament, get a grip.

While the selection of Semi is a poor and short sighted one, get your ducks in a row before you start having another hissy fit.

Yes,Turnbull and Key "negotiated" this a few weeks ago in Wellington,but it`s far from the complete package that it appears to be. There will still be thousands of Kiwis who don`t meet the criteria,plus of course many in NZ still to cross the Tasman. All I`m getting at is,obviously Radradra didn`t have to wait years for his Aussie citizenship,same as James Tamou,things can be done very quickly when it suits.  

Archived