Esau Siune

Thompson Teteh

Ray Thompson

Lawrence Tu'u

Noel Zeming

Coach: Mal Meninga

Artwork by Frank Puletua.

CDMTBN7UUAEopPK.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Typical post-RL career transition by Frank Puletua. From RL to Fine Arts and Graphic Design degrees and into a job as a museum curator. No imagination!

Typical post-RL career transition by Frank Puletua. From RL to Fine Arts and Graphic Design degrees and into a job as a museum curator. No imagination!

:biggrin:  

The man ought to have bucked the trend and opened a pub... 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Below average performance by png...they can do better than that.

It's been a while since I saw PNG put in a good performance.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

PNG get their first try - 18:4.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Second try for PNG - 18:10.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Final Score, Fiji 22:10 PNG.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You get a lot of individual effort from PNG every time, but they don't always combine well as a team.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They seem to have gone backwards under Meninga.

I was surprised they made such a play to get Meninga in as coach - he's not the best in the world to be honest. I suspect his reputation may have dazzled a few.

Agree completely with earlier comments about having some decent half backs - but the same could probably be said of most international teams outside the big 3. The extra top flight experience the Fijians had probably won it for them, but PNG didn't help themselves. They looked better second half, but the damage was already done.

To be fair, they were in a pretty poor state before Meninga took the job.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be fair, they were in a pretty poor state before Meninga took the job.

The amount of times I see PNG sloppily lose possession with unforced errors game after game I struggle to get my head around the fact that RL is their national sport.

rldfsignature.jpg

The amount of times I see PNG sloppily lose possession with unforced errors game after game I struggle to get my head around the fact that RL is their national sport.

Well, Association Football is our national sport... ;) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived