Why are they allowed to be called the Wolf Pack...

Because the Wolves are actually called the Wire.

HTH.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh well, let's just let all new clubs name themselves Wolves.

Just saying, this wouldn't happen in other professional sports league where clubs have mascots. Especially not, when the team is a new franchise. Surprised Warrington didn't protest. Maybe they did.

Just saying, this wouldn't happen in other professional sports league where clubs have mascots. Especially not, when the team is a new franchise. Surprised Warrington didn't protest. Maybe they did.

I share my name with several other people.  We all manage fine.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

The Sydney Shield has 3 Magpies teams and 2 Eagles teams.

true, hardly a beacon of professionalism though duck that we should be benchmarking ourselves against. Oh wait, that's another thread.

Between 1997 and 2003 we had the Whitehaven Warriors and Wigan Warriors and it did not cause a ripple in the space-time continuum.

I think you'll find we're 3 seconds ahead of where we should be because of that.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

This is why teams should name themselves after a unique animal or aspect of their location. Wolves are actually synonymous with Canada. Can't say the same for Warrington[/quote

The wolves side of the rebrand came from the town coat of arms.

I have not looked too deep into how the coat of arms were first designed for the town but I don't see many lions running around great Britain.

...when there are already a club in SL called the Wolves?

because "Wolves" and "Wolfpack" are different I would presume.

Deary me

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

because "Wolves" and "Wolfpack" are different I would presume.

Deary me

Not good enough. This could bring down rugby league and you are being flippant. Soccer has not recovered since Manchester United played Leeds United.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Bristol City, Cheltenham Town and, my team, Swindon Town all manage to exist with the same nickname and that's all within a smallish area in the West Country.

I'm sure both the Wolves and the Wolf Pack can both create individual identities especially as there is a "slightly" bigger distance between the two teams.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Birmingham/Chelsea/man city - blues

Brentford/barney - the bees.

Newcastle/notts county - magpies

You're wrong .

American Universities seem to manage too.

Top 12 used nicknames - Eagles (76), Tigers (46), Bulldogs (40), Panthers (33), Knights (32), Lions (32), Bears (30), Hawks (28), Cougars (27), Pioneers (28), Warriors (27) and Wildcats (27).

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Bristol City, Cheltenham Town and, my team, Swindon Town all manage to exist with the same nickname and that's all within a smallish area in the West Country.

Yeah but it's a daft one though isn't it?

Can't imagine any self respecting rugby league team wanting to use that as a nickname.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Very good OF! Always looking to have a dig east of the river! Good work!

Eh?

Oh, of course.

By the way, there's no point having a dig east of the river as you put it, if you want to see how things were in the middle ages, just go and have a look now.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

...when there are already a club in SL called the Wolves?

Have you lost your comfort blanket. You seem stressed out by something that is not remotely troublesome to rational grown-ups.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived