Robbed blind again?

NickD

With not long to go now until the Boxing Day unfriendly does anyone know if we are to be robbed blind again?

I didn't make the last one at Mount unpleasant on the grounds it was going to cost me more than my monthly allowance to bring the whole family.

I think we charged £15 last year but think it was even more last time we were at the doggies.

And yes I know the gate is shared but £60+ is a lot of money for a game where non of us will know who's on the pitch 50 minutes in.

With not long to go now until the Boxing Day unfriendly does anyone know if we are to be robbed blind again?

I didn't make the last one at Mount unpleasant on the grounds it was going to cost me more than my monthly allowance to bring the whole family.

I think we charged £15 last year but think it was even more last time we were at the doggies.

And yes I know the gate is shared but £60+ is a lot of money for a game where non of us will know who's on the pitch 50 minutes in.

Sure I've seen that normal match day prices apply for this day,which would mean £17 adults, £12 concessions £3 for kids between 5-17 years old and under 5's are free.

Understand what you are saying, but the problem comes down to what our coach wants to do as part of the build up to the season.Would be great if he picked the strongest team available.

Sure I've seen that normal match day prices apply for this day,which would mean £17 adults, £12 concessions £3 for kids between 5-17 years old and under 5's are free.

Understand what you are saying, but the problem comes down to what our coach wants to do as part of the build up to the season.Would be great if he picked the strongest team available.

Yes, I believe that a number of fans are awaiting the announcement of the coaches intentions before committing themselves. Many branded last year's performance as farcical and it was difficult to disagree.

I did pose this question on a thread some time ago but there has been no official response whatsoever, a worrying trend I'm sorry to say.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yes, I believe that a number of fans are awaiting the announcement of the coaches intentions before committing themselves. Many branded last year's performance as farcical and it was difficult to disagree.

I did pose this question on a thread some time ago but there has been no official response whatsoever, a worrying trend I'm sorry to say.

Your not expecting an official response on a fans forum BSJ

IMG_0583.JPG

Standard price I'm sure will apply and whilst I understand from a dewsbury perspective I am happy to pay an extra 2 quid to be able to stand or sit undercover or even stand out in the open air and watch from any of the four sides of the ground. Why wouldn't you be a Batley fan!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Your not expecting an official response on a fans forum BSJ

Well not on the forum itself but possibly a response stimulated by questions thereon RPH, yes I continue to hope.

I've bought my ST, signed up to sponsor a player again, contribute to Squadbuilder etc. so look forward to the club doing their bit by telling us what is going on.

Tom Clarke would have been proud of the current standard of communication.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Standard price I'm sure will apply and whilst I understand from a dewsbury perspective I am happy to pay an extra 2 quid to be able to stand or sit undercover or even stand out in the open air and watch from any of the four sides of the ground. Why wouldn't you be a Batley fan!

Don't you get dizxy with all that walking round and round?

Don't you get dizxy with all that walking round and round?

Sometimes BSJ but luckily for me there is seating at two sides, three Bars and two food outlets I can dawdle at, that is of course after seeing my good mates up in Ron's bar where as a War Chest member I pay £2.50 pint and can even sample San Miguel. Why wouldn't you be a Batley fan?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Sometimes BSJ but luckily for me there is seating at two sides, three Bars and two food outlets I can dawdle at, that is of course after seeing my good mates up in Ron's bar where as a War Chest member I pay £2.50 pint and can even sample San Miguel. Why wouldn't you be a Batley fan?

Well one and a half sides if you're being picky.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Farcical doesn't do it justice. Way beyond what was acceptable.

Glen won't even attempt to let us know his plans and based on last year I def won't be parting with the £68 it would cost me for my four.

What was worse about last year is the fact that, as we debated then, there were many in attendance who don't normally come and def wouldn't again

Can't see why the coaches can't get together. Agee to make it a sensible game and to encourage both sides to throw the ball about a bit. If we entertain on the day we might get a few more through the gate later on.

Why not get the two teams to agree to a mass brawl at half time, its what the punters want to see after all !!!  :paladin:

The easiest thing would be for the coaches to wager £100 on the result.

That would certainly focus their minds.

Why not get the two teams to agree to a mass brawl at half time, its what the punters want to see after all !!!  :paladin:

Despite your callow years you may recall the name of the old trophy that used to be at stake PM?

Roy Powell and I was only admiring the photo in the board room after our meet the players and kit launch on Friday. A great player I might add too as even I remember him!

Roy Powell and I was only admiring the photo in the board room after our meet the players and kit launch on Friday. A great player I might add too as even I remember him!

No PM, I'm talking about the old days, before SL and summer rugby.

Archived