EAGLES SUPPORTERS CLUB ?

Eagleraider

It would be nice to see The Supporters Club (still no idea on how to join, how much, what they stand for, what have they done, what have they done for fund raising, what are they doing for the club etc) present and with a higher profile (or even a profile!) in the ground.

So much has been said in the past that they are going to do A, B or even C, but there has been no publicity (apart from cancelled coaches to away matches.) {There was a sheet of paper on tables at one game about ideas}

Things were said by a certain person that the supporters club in the past were not any good as they ONLY raised

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

It would be nice to see The Supporters Club (still no idea on how to join, how much, what they stand for, what have they done, what have they done for fund raising, what are they doing for the club etc) present and with a higher profile (or even a profile!) in the ground.

So much has been said in the past that they are going to do A, B or even C, but there has been no publicity (apart from cancelled coaches to away matches.) {There was a sheet of paper on tables at one game about ideas}

Things were said by a certain person that the supporters club in the past were not any good as they ONLY raised

Chief Crazy Eagle

In Response to this

http://www.totalrl.com/index.php?showtopic=202693

I sent an email on Wednesday at 12:30 in response to this - I shall copy and paste the entire email here.

In response to your posting on the total.rl.com forum (I am no longer a registered user on there) - Please feel free to post this on the forum

After the home game V Whitehaven, every single committee member of the Supporters Club was present in the Platinum Suite. We handed out Questionnaires to every single table, asking for feedback on a number of topics. Not a single person asked any of the committee members about membership/how to join etc.

Since that day the chairperson has stood down from the committee due to other commitments, and another committee member has also stood down. We are in the process of arranging a committee meeting as a matter of urgency.

As treasurer of the Supporters Club, I could give you the figures you wish for, however I don't think broadcasting them over the internet is a good idea, and I certainly don't believe the figure should be given to non-members.

We have looked into merchandise, stands etc but at the present moment we are yet to find a solution.

The current committee has 6 members, namely myself (Andrew Senior), Mark Webster, Kevin Critchley, Julie Carnall, Ian Carnall and Michael Carnall. I know you know who me and Mark are, so if you, or anyone else, is wanting to join the supporters club, or gain more information, please send them in our direction.

There was a flyer placed in one 'Game On' magazine regarding away travel (I think) which generated absolutely zero response. We also had an open meeting on 11 March at the Cocked Hat and the turnout was very poor, despite being announced over the tannoy at games, and messages posted on various internet forums. We also tried to get notice of the meeting published in League Express, although I don't recall if it was actually published or not.

If anybody does wish to join the Sheffield Eagles Supporters Club, either contact one of the committee members listed above on a matchday, or please send an email to sheffieldeaglessupportersclub@gmail.com. The cost of membership is

Challenge Cup Winners 1998

Division Two Champions 1991-92, 2003

Second Division/Divisional Premiership Winner

1988-89,1991-92

Yorkshire Cup Finalists 1992-93

NL2 Grand Finalists 2003

Northern Ford Premiership Club of the Year 2001

NL2 Play-off winners 2006

South Yorkshire Cup Winners 2006

• 3 weeks later...

So what can or needs to be done

T-Shirts and all other merchandise can be sorted without any problem and Kukri can't do a thing.

Previous supporters club bought t-shirts, sweat shirts etc (in bulk, initially with their own money until some was got in the coffers...4 or 5 of 3 sizes to start with) and got them embroidered, very reasonably by a company in Sheffield, after letting CEO know what the logo was like. (Biggest expenditure was the initial template set up). Cost of embroidery + shirt and a couple of quid on top = sale price of item.

Cheap printing !!!! Do it yourself... I never went commercially as they take any "profit" with huge charges, paper is only a couple of quid for 500 sheets... donate that cost to the cause.... and the ink .... that is part and parcel of doing something... infact one sheet of A4 will give a 4 page "booklet".....

We spent sometime going through Yellow Pages getting contact numbers and and getting quotes for "mugs, calandars perhaps, pens, keyrings " and t-shirts, etc... buy in bulk from market stalls, primark, etc etc......

Groundwork needs doing and the biggest problem is getting the interest of the "fans"..... not everyone has the internet, even though they may have a pc etc as internet connection is a cost that can be avoided, life does not revolve around the internet. The personal touch... get known by the fans.... introduce yourselves.. get photos of the committee in flyers.. a biog of each committee member in print etc

Like most things the promotion of the SC is the essential thing, so it needs to be public about what it has done re fund raising... (activities at each game, activities planned, involvement in the promotion of the rugby league/Sheffield Eagles etc)

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

Ink's expensive. Once you get past 150 letterheads (or whatever), it's cheaper to get proper printing done by a proper printer. Looks better too.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"