Sheffield Eagles v Oldham

Dave Naylor

Setting off for Sheffield soon, thought I'd say something about how I think the game will go.

Most of our players will have been at work today.  The Sheffield players too except their work will have been all about beating us tonight.  

Both teams won last time out after long losing streaks so both will have had a confidence boost.  

Sheffield have two new signings from Catalan Dragons and they have Adam Neal back from illness.  Not playing however is George Tyson since he's banned.

We're missing Wood and Leeming from Giants since they played last night.  Spencer is also out injured.  Slotting in their place could see Tyler Dickinson, Kenny Hughes and Lewis Palfrey.

My team prediction:

Lepori, Clay, Gill, Grimshaw, Chisholm, Palfrey, Owen, Joy, Foster, Burke, Briscoe, Langtree, Hope.  Interchanges: Ward, Dickinson, Gee, Hughes

We haven't won away all season in the league and despite their run of bad form, Sheffield are a full-time team who may have turned a corner.   I hope they don't decide they owe us one for our 20-21 win over them not all that long ago.  I think we'll give them a run for their money but odds are stacked in their favour and they could come out on top.

Here's hoping I'm wrong,   

Get in.  We are hitting a bit of form!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Unbelievable tonight, from 1-17 these lads wanted that win. Some errors but overall the best performance of the season for me. Proud of this team. Thanks for a performance full of pride and passion, fans were awesome as usual. Absolutely fantastic, well done all. Up the Yeds!

I had to do a double take when I looked at the final score on the rfl website. Absolutely fantastically brilliant result by the boys.We seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time and may it continue.:-)))))))))))

Lepori,Clay,Grimmer,Gill,Chisholm,Palfrey,Owen. Joy,Foster,Burke,Briscoe,Langtree,Thommo. Subs. Wardy,Dickinson,Hope,Hughes.

Ps. Forgot to mention the ref, for once a decent game from the man in the middle and his assistants. Well done Mr.Grant.

As I was driving home last night with a big stupid smile on my face, I reflected on what I'd just experienced.  The past few weeks have been filled with anger, argument, division and any other emotions you care to mention; it's not been much fun.  Yet there we all were, a bunch of people with a common interest having a jolly old time on a chilly Friday evening in South Yorkshire.

The barmy army in full flow, Murgy jumping around when Thompy scored the match-clinching try, Rita and Allison sharing banter between the stands.  Everyone was lapping it up and it felt like the last day of school or a surprise birthday party.  It made me pump out my chest and realise that we as Brits really do have far more in common than that which divides us.

For sure we won the game and the team were fantastic yet even if the memory of the scoreline fades in time, I will never forget the atmosphere last night.

Nice posts ,Dave Naylor.

3 times recently,in the Challenge Cup at The Keepmoat,and the double you have completed this year,Oldham have always played well and Scott Naylor is certainly an impressive coach.

Well done.Enjoy.

I hope you remain in The Championship.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

What a great result so pleased for all connected with the club really enjoyed the evening despite the poor floodlights. Batley have just done us a big favour and things are just looking a bit brighter.sheffield have a tough run in .

It was a great result and very well deserved. The lads have had a difficult spell recently, always battling hard against everything thrown at them, however on Friday they seemed to have renewed their enthusiasm and confidence. This self belief will have set them up well for the forthcoming games, so an exciting few weeks lie ahead.

The Oldham support at Sheffield was great, an impressive turnout for a Friday night over there and was clearly appreciated by all the lads - lets back them in numbers in the weeks ahead. COME ON THE 'YEDS.

We have a great club, coaches and team. We really need to be playing in this league and so please rugby fans, get behind the lads now in this crucial part of the season. We so deserve to stay up but with 3 games in the regular season left we so need everyone pulling together and then we smash the 8s.

Archived