Who has already been signed to play for Toronto next year?

Manfred Mann

The new Toronto team is expected to be made up mostly of English players, with perhaps a few Aussies or Kiwis, until they can recruit and train a solid core of Canadians and Americans.

I read that coach Paul Rowley has an interest in Craig Hall. 

But has any established player like Hall agreed to play for Toronto, at this point?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours that Dan Fleming and Jarrod Sammut are Canada bound.

I'll let the Leigh fans divulge who is rumoured from their team and then hit meltdown when it inevitably moves on to how those players may or may not have been approached.

I will jump in with info from what should be a very reliable source, up to now as Southampton states,

Kay, Beswick and Pownall.

And, as stated up to now.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I`ll be surprised if they`ve approached any Bratfurt players ,unless they can only play when they play Leigh.Seems like the only time they can raise their game but subsequently fail. ;)

Aren't they entering dual reg with Bradford?

Any of the Leigh squad at the end of 2014 / start of 2015 are likely by the looks of it!

Two scenarios are possible regarding Leigh players:

1. Leigh get promoted, sign a load of new players with their SL money leaving a few players looking for clubs

2. Leigh don't get promoted, prompting the idea that they never will and hence jump ship to a club that could do in 2 years. In any case, a year of easy win bonuses and a few free trips to Canada beckons. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Matt Sarsfield from Salford Who is on loan at Halifax is another rumoured signing.

Didn't he go to Salford from  er .........Leigh? :ohmy:

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Aren't they entering dual reg with Bradford?

Any of the Leigh squad at the end of 2014 / start of 2015 are likely by the looks of it!

They are going yo be training at Bradford when they are over here

So from all the previous discussion I have to conclude that there are as yet no definite signings, though many rumoured signings are of Leigh players, and possibly Craig Hall.

I doubt they will have approached any contracted players or coaches at Leigh before the deadline for those out of contract, they are a club built on morals and ethics. Poor Jake Emmitt was contracted to 2018 but had a burning desire to travel and play in Australia, I am certain that wouldn't be a smokescreen to avoid a fee if he had been approached illegally, not with such high morals and ethics and deep desire to build friends within the game

I doubt they will have approached any contracted players or coaches at Leigh before the deadline for those out of contract, they are a club built on morals and ethics. Poor Jake Emmitt was contracted to 2018 but had a burning desire to travel and play in Australia, I am certain that wouldn't be a smokescreen to avoid a fee if he had been approached illegally, not with such high morals and ethics and deep desire to build friends within the game

So you haven't heard anything either?

Yeah, and I bet you believe Leigh have never approached a player under contract. Every single club in the game does it, constantly. 

Yeah, and I bet you believe Leigh have never approached a player under contract. Every single club in the game does it, constantly. 

dkw I'm shocked and I mean :O:ohmy::fie:

Suggesting that clubs approach players before they should, Outragious!

Look I believe in: the fact that there are no clubs in our game who do this, or try to avoid transfer payments or break the SC ( apart from those charged of course), the tooth fairy, easter bunny, unicorns, the EU leave campaign, polticians and the BBC. We just can't have every Tom, Dick and dkw infering and implying stuff like this as it would make the game untenable. Some of us depend on this structure and system to get by and this sort of thing doesn't help at all! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'd hope that at least 6 of the squad are Canadian and 8-10 North American. For the rest I wouldn't mind seeing them scour far and wide for players, there will be a few Australian and English players obviously, but a few French and/or PNGian players not currently in the Catalans, Toulouse or Hunters systems keen to hit the big time could be invaluable.

Archived