Players meeting

Cato89

Players apparently having a meeting on thursday night and Vievers wants a meeting with them all on tuesday.

If the lads have anything they want to get off their chest, this is the time. There may be fall-outs and disagreement but things cant get alot worse than they are now.

What would the chances of the players and Phil talking to the fans one night?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players apparently having a meeting on thursday night and Vievers wants a meeting with them all on tuesday.

If the lads have anything they want to get off their chest, this is the time. There may be fall-outs and disagreement but things cant get alot worse than they are now.

zero marra

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Phil would be mad to have a meeting with the fans, all that would happen he would be slagged off from all quarters, why don't you play this player in this position, do this do that, all from a load of armchair critics who have no coaching qualifications, we are fast approaching becoming the deluded ones.

Phil would be mad to have a meeting with the fans, all that would happen he would be slagged off from all quarters, why don't you play this player in this position, do this do that, all from a load of armchair critics who have no coaching qualifications, we are fast approaching becoming the deluded ones.

Oh well we don't need any fans then do we not ?

been to many open meetings with directors and coaches down at town from the mitchell era , to peter walshs first season and with the present board , why do people think they end up as slanging matches , they are well run professionally organised , you usually write a question down and the board or whoever do there best to answer it , i ve always found them very informative .

This crack true? (Not doubting it, just wondering where it's came from)

Can only be a good thing, like previously mentioned things can't get much worse.

From a Town player mate...

Some good young talent seeking regular competitive rugby in the shop window at Salford game today -

Jake Bibby Centre/Wing (touched down twice), Ryan Lannon Loose Forward (scored once) and Josh Wood Half/ Hooker (also went over once). It would be nice if one or two could join Matty Gee on the journey up to Cumbria this week!

Some good young talent seeking regular competitive rugby in the shop window at Salford game today -

Jake Bibby Centre/Wing (touched down twice), Ryan Lannon Loose Forward (scored once) and Josh Wood Half/ Hooker (also went over once). It would be nice if one or two could join Matty Gee on the journey up to Cumbria this week!

Yes, I welcome any additions to the squad who can get us moving forward and I have heard of young Bibby-hope Salford can come to our aid. Have to say though,I am a bit surprised at this potential  source of salvation given the circumstances surrounding Phil Vievers departure from the Red Devils. Nevertheless, I would love the chance to make this acorn grow into an oak. Presumably Marwan is happy with this arrangement and I take my hat off to whoever brokered it. All we need now is to get the man interested in the slumbering giant that is Workington Town -now that opens up some possibilities ! Get him up here -fill him with tatie hash -take him to an egg- dump and show him how a wonderfull Rugby heritage is being allowed to wither on the vine. A man can dream!

No set agreement has been announced has it, we've just taken a loan signing which is the way many have said they prefer to be able to deal with many clubs rather than.being forced to take one clubs rusty players who.need a game.....are you advocating that we push for DR with Salford ?just a question ?

No set agreement has been announced has it, we've just taken a loan signing which is the way many have said they prefer to be able to deal with many clubs rather than.being forced to take one clubs rusty players who.need a game.....are you advocating that we push for DR with Salford ?just a question ?

Given that Dual Reg. did us few favours when it was deployed Shaun Wane style I would be reluctant to embrace the concept again. I am intrigued however as to how this Salford connection came about, but the bottom line is -if they can send us some quality players that might save us from the drop I will gladly grasp the long spoon and sup with the Red Devils. And jesting apart ,a hook up with with the club owned by a mega rich entrepreneur with as much contempt for the gauleiters at the RFL as I have might just work out to our mutual advantage. Here's hoping. 

loan signings are fine for injuries but town dont want to be pushing out any of their own if not injured .

That's the point though . We are desperately short of troops due to a crop of injuries on top of being light in numbers from the get-go. We have players taking to the field who shouldn't be out there and with Wigan pulling the plug we are between a rock and a hard place. Frankly I would take a couple of loanees from the Taliban if it keeps us away from the likes of Coventry,Gloucester,and the Welsh duo. 

That's the point though . We are desperately short of troops due to a crop of injuries on top of being light in numbers from the get-go. We have players taking to the field who shouldn't be out there and with Wigan pulling the plug we are between a rock and a hard place. Frankly I would take a couple of loanees from the Taliban if it keeps us away from the likes of Coventry,Gloucester,and the Welsh duo. 

definitely , thats my point in my posting , loans are needed where injuries mean there is a problem of fielding a fully fit squad .

Archived