Lancashire dominating RL

York, Halifax.....

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Not really Lancashire dominating considering Warrington is in Cheshire and St Helens is in Merseyside.

Not true. Warrington is a unitary authority which is split roughly in half by the river Mersey in terms of the old county boundaries. The town centre and anything north is technically in Lancashire and anything to the south of the Mersey is in Cheshire.

Not true. Warrington is a unitary authority which is split roughly in half by the river Mersey in terms of the old county boundaries. The town centre and anything north is technically in Lancashire and anything to the south of the Mersey is in Cheshire.

If it's not in Cheshire why were the Cheshire police at the HJ today then?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

The RFL Competition Trophies Up For Grabs This Year:

World Club Challenge - Melbourne

Blackpool 9s - Halifax

Northern Rail Cup - Batley

RLC Premier - St Albans

RLC Regional - Northampton

RLC National - Warrington

Championship 1 - York

Championship - Halifax

Super League - Wigan / Saints

Looks like a fairly even split.....

The RFL Competition Trophies Up For Grabs This Year:

World Club Challenge - Melbourne

Blackpool 9s - Halifax

Northern Rail Cup - Batley

RLC Premier - St Albans

RLC Regional - Northampton

RLC National - Warrington

Championship 1 Winners - Hunslet

Championship 1 Play off - York

Championship - Halifax

Super League - Wigan / Saints

Looks like a fairly even split.....

If it's not in Cheshire why were the Cheshire police at the HJ today then?

Police forces are not based on county boundaries. For example in the midlands West Mercia police force covers 3 counties. I believe there is still a Humberside police even though Humberside ceased to exist a long time ago.

Would it be fair to say that after recent years when Yorkshire cluubs like Bradford and Leeds have enjoyed great success that the tide has turned with Lancashire (Yes I know the boundary argument blah blah) with Wigan, Saints and Wire are now going to dominate SL?

they certainly have the best grounds.

hudds have a good ground but no chance of filling it any time soon

be interesting to see what crowds saints get in the new stadium, and if wigan can grow their crowds with the good form over the next few years

Police forces are not based on county boundaries. For example in the midlands West Mercia police force covers 3 counties. I believe there is still a Humberside police even though Humberside ceased to exist a long time ago.

Warrington is a large town, borough and unitary authority area of Cheshire, England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I reckon Allan is trying to get Saints (and some Wigan) posters back on his side after recent fall outs!

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Key phrase there is "authority area of Cheshire". All that these areas represent are areas of local government or administration. They are not counties in the traditional sense.

Check this website out: Friends of Real Lancashire

Key phrase there is "authority area of Cheshire". All that these areas represent are areas of local government or administration. They are not counties in the traditional sense.

Check this website out: Friends of Real Lancashire

But administrative areas is exactly what counties are. If we're going to start claiming, then we (the West Riding of Yorkshire) will have Saddleworth, the Trough of Bowland and Sedberg back for starters.

Clement Attlee.

But administrative areas is exactly what counties are. If we're going to start claiming, then we (the West Riding of Yorkshire) will have Saddleworth, the Trough of Bowland and Sedberg back for starters.

nope

there are other boundaries-political. economic, cultural and so on

adminsitratively warrington is in cheshire, but not necessaily in other senses.

classic example is humberside. Administrtivly it no longer exists, but economically, strategically and geographiocally it does.

what do the areas you mentioned-Sedbergh is even in cumbria, feel hat they are? I'd take a wild gues and say they feel they are from yorkshire.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

The thing what Lancashire clubs have going for them is their grounds and infrastructures. Fingers crossed that Saints and Salford deliver new venues by 2012 so along with Wigan, Wire, Chemics and throw in Leigh the facilities look impressive. The potential there exists for those clubs to really grow their business and game. Grounds used around the clock raising revenue and community interest.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Administratively Cheshire doesn't exist at all, there's West Cheshire & Chester, East Cheshire, Halton and Warrington with no county council. Likewise Merseyside doesn't exist administratively it is separate boroughs one of which is St Helens