gossip on the street

jamescolin

On RL Twitter it states that there is a street rumour that a Championship club's Chairman and the club's chief coach have fallen out over the cutting of away travelling costs and new signings. It says the coach is rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season. I wonder which club it can be?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why cant the club come out of the woodwork and tell us the truth, instead of allowing supporters to spread rumours which could or could not be the truth.

This could definitely affect the crowds for the rest of the season , with 3 big games coming after Workington, if could also affect the Workington crowd, as they are not likely to bring many.

Come on committee come clean ????

It'll be us...Campbell want's out but is struggling to find a buyer so i wouldn't be surprised if he's started cutting costs........they are bound to have had a bust up after that Blackpool performance.

If talks of pay cuts are true we've got no chance.......Without some new cash coming in we'll be stuck around 6th or 7th in this division for a while.  

My money is on Batley and Fax for the last 2 spots and we'll be battling Northern in the leftover 8's wearing our delayed summer bash kit.........the wheels really fell off at Blackpool.

It's a shame that we'll miss out again and we desperately need the extra money but to be honest we'd get hammered in every one of those middle 8s on current form.

I think we all need to revise our expectations of the club at the moment..........

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

It's been known for the last few seasons Campbell has wanted to offload the club, he's spoken to some ex supporters not an age ago at Hunslet and told them that if he could offload the club he would even though he will have lost money on the club.

Let us be frank here anyone with half a brain will know this club will never make Super League it simply doesn't have the support or the finance.

Let us dream of days gone by and be greatful we once were a force......

Be load of rubbish, was only a few weeks back JS was praising MC for bringing a couple of players in, as for pay cuts after blackpool they want there pay stopping alltogether, that 1 game will of cost the club thousands of pounds

It's been known for the last few seasons Campbell has wanted to offload the club, he's spoken to some ex supporters not an age ago at Hunslet and told them that if he could offload the club he would even though he will have lost money on the club.

Let us be frank here anyone with half a brain will know this club will never make Super League it simply doesn't have the support or the finance.

Let us dream of days gone by and be greatful we once were a force......

sorry but dont agree the only diff between us, and cas or wakey is the money they get from sky and thats it.if we got the 2 million per season instead of 200k we would be as good as them and get better support than wakey

Why cant the club come out of the woodwork and tell us the truth, instead of allowing supporters to spread rumours which could or could not be the truth.

This could definitely affect the crowds for the rest of the season , with 3 big games coming after Workington, if could also affect the Workington crowd, as they are not likely to bring many.

Come on committee come clean ??

if the club were to make announcements on every rumor that does the rounds they would have to appoint a full time rumor officer 

Now here is a better one for you to mull over. Powell to take over at Leeds at the end of this season with the assistance of Sinfield.  Mc Dermot taking over at Hull KR. Allegedly a done deal.

if the club were to make announcements on every rumor that does the rounds they would have to appoint a full time rumor officer

Something is clearly not right anybody should be able to see that. After all there's no smoke without fire. The club should release a statement at least informing the fans what the situation is.

I've heard the same about Campbell wanted to sell up from a couple of fl different people. Not always been his biggest fan, but he was instrumental in the success of the Powell years. We might have to struggle by for a few years, but no reason why we can't rise again under new ownership.

Something is clearly not right anybody should be able to see that. After all there's no smoke without fire. The club should release a statement at least informing the fans what the situation is.

What do you want them to issue a statement saying "sorry weve been shiiite last few weeks". The day a pro sports club starts taking notice of social media rumors it may as well pack up,

I want to know what is going on at the club I go to watch week in week out. Are we OK? Are we circling the plug hole? I don't think I'm the only one that thinks the club should say something to either confirm or deny the rumours.

any specific rumor as we all hear diff ones every day, may be the club could organise a weekly rumor killer in the club house and give the current CEO another task sure he would welcome that, or maybe employ someone full time to trawl social media and kill all rumors. Sorry for the sarcasm but for the life of me cant see why the club should start commenting on rumors

There are so many rumours.

What if the club suggested "aye we're screwed. We're up sh it creek and there were no paddles at b&q"

What positives do you think could be achieved by that. How would your life change knowing that. Don't you think that would have a negative impact on the club?

I have no doubt the clubs failure to get top 4 has had a massive impact this yr.

I would imagine we will continue mid table unless someone with a huge wad comes forth

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Now here is a better one for you to mull over. Powell to take over at Leeds at the end of this season with the assistance of Sinfield.  Mc Dermot taking over at Hull KR. Allegedly a done deal.

Will Powell and Hetherington be best buddies again? I doubt it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Okay I'm wrong yet again. I'll just keep turning up on Sundays hoping the place is still up and running. Fingers crossed for Sunday.

at least you're still there jimmy.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived