Sheffield game

andyram

There's a game on tomorrow everyone, maybe a small chance we could sneak a win and a double against the Eagles.OK it won't happen but you never know,

Eagles 30 - 26 Rams attendance 534.

Is there a reserve match on tonight ? Down on the fixtures but nothing seems to have been mentioned.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think it is vital that we win this game otherwise we are on a slippery slope. If we lose then we could slip a couple of places with Swinton facing Whitehaven and Oldham could beat Fev. Same goes for Sheffield too, so it might be exciting. I reckon though, that we will lose, as the Eagles are at home.

Sheffield 30-16 Dewsbury

FTS: Kain

MoM: Speakman

At: 622

I have to wonder how much longer Sheffield can afford full time wages on paltry crowds.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Just seen final score after following the game on line. Can not believe we let such a lead go. Trouble at mill if you ask me

I was also absent and found the result to be immensely disappointing but don't really see how you can decide upon the cause without being there.

I await a more informed analysis.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Beaten by a team thats spent all its cash and money that it has not got on a mediocre squad.Although if rumors are correct we should not worry about losing ground to the seagulls.Re our own position cannot in the life in me understand why our star signing was able to be recalled at short notice

Beaten by a team thats spent all its cash and money that it has not got on a mediocre squad.Although if rumors are correct we should not worry about losing ground to the seagulls.

Can't make head nor tail of this Mr T. Here II was wondering if the seaguls could be relegated this season and then you implode!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Last 30 minutes were an absolute disgrace and an insult to all the Rams fans who spent hard earned money

to attend.

If the coaching staff and the senior players cannot work out that 80% of the Sheffield attacking play comes

from the Knowles, Yere and Worrincy combination, then God help us. I think that all the last 5 tries came

from the Sheffield left hand side and we were in total disarray.

If everyone at the club put in as much effort as the 4 players who Yere beat for the last try, then we might

as well start booking the trips to South Wales, Hemel, Gloucester and Toronto right now.

Some players in our team are a disgrace to the club. Bad selection is one thing, but any player that pulls on the shirt for us id hope would play for the full 80.

We are in a relegation dog fight, quicker people realise this the better because performances might, just might pick up!

Despite me not being there, BSJ, another second half capitulation means we are in the ######

We have had 2/3 season of steady progress only to go backwards this year under the same leadership. I applaud those fans who took time and expens to go to Sheffield and along with them as a season ticket holder would hope that we get rewarded for our loyalty. Currently this seems to be lacking

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

!00% increase on nowt is still nowt!!! .. and when would you prefer to drive the M1.. Friday night or Sunday afternoon ...  get real!!!

You're probably right.

If Aston couldn't  persuade those diehards BSJ and MF to attend, what hope the rest?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Disgraceful performance in the 2nd half against in my opinion a poor Sheffield team who was there for the taking.Losing a lead like that is unforgivable.

You can't keep blaming our injury list,bring some players in on loan if our 2nd team isn't good enough, Batley brought in 4 players yesterday.

We have gone backwards this season,it didn't help with our season loan signing allowed to go back to his club within a few weeks,bad management of the deal.Just hope we are still in this league in 2017.

The only 2 fit players who played in the 2nd Team on Thursday who would be good enough

to play in the 1st Team were Hemingway and Muranka and the latter is returning from a

long injury layoff. Of the others who played, only Forsyth is contracted to the club.

I think that most loan deals have a recall clause should the parent club need the player

back. Leigh invoked the 1 month clause when the situation with Brierley surfaced and

duly recalled him when the time was up. Don't think that they would have immediately

invoked the clause if the Chase situation hadn't arisen as well. Just a situation

that the club had to deal with and move on.

I am so bitterly disappointed with that second half capitulation. I could not see most of the tries scored in the second half, down our right flank - again (!), as our view was obstructed by our coaching staff standing in front of us. You see there is no terracing there; it's the same as standing in Crow Nest, Overthorpe Parks, or Dewsbury Moor - all spectators on the same level. At least at Shaw Cross there is a bank enabling the crowd to look down on the play. How Sheffield gets away with this type of ground, yet Swinton were unable to play at Sedgley Park, is beyond me.

Now I want to make mention of the referee and his cohorts. I will not blame them on our defeat, but they chose to see all our errors, but hardly picked up on Sheffield's, or their misdemeanours. Twice Sheffield got a penalty at the ptb by the player slipping as He was getting to his feet, with no Dewsbury player touching him; they were consistently offside (yes, they were punished a couple of times) and were fond of head high tackling. Dalton Grant was pulled backwards with an arm around the throat, but no punishment was meted out. One of their second half tries was scored from a player catching the ball at ground level with the ball leaving the player's hands, the ball touching the ground, then picked up and allowing play to continue. This was in front of us and also the TJ.

Bad, bad second half. We have seen our right targeted again and again, but nothing is done about it.

Wigan can send their entire under 19's and still beat us next week.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

CF - also noticed that every time the ball was lost in the tackle even when an offload was attempted, it was

a penalty to Sheffield for pulling out.

As you say this did not affect our inability to tackle on our right hand side.

The only 2 fit players who played in the 2nd Team on Thursday who would be good enough

to play in the 1st Team were Hemingway and Muranka and the latter is returning from a

long injury layoff. Of the others who played, only Forsyth is contracted to the club.

I think that most loan deals have a recall clause should the parent club need the player

back. Leigh invoked the 1 month clause when the situation with Brierley surfaced and

duly recalled him when the time was up. Don't think that they would have immediately

invoked the clause if the Chase situation hadn't arisen as well. Just a situation

that the club had to deal with and move on.

Agreed but why make that his number one target.

Archived