Sam Barlow Assaults UK Anti-Doping Officer

He's always seemed like he has a screw loose but even so this is a weird one! Wonder what his issue was?!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36358586

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runs in the family. His brother Josh is also a complete nutjob.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Just when the London media thought they didn't have any RL stories to run after the weekend...

What an idiot!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is only half of a one sided story,though he is still radio rental.The doping officer was lurking outside his house for over an hour and sam called the police who weren't,as usual.much help. Apparantley he went outside to confront the bloke who initially refused to identify himself or give the reasons for his hanging around,the rest is history.

This is only half of a one sided story,though he is still radio rental.The doping officer was lurking outside his house for over an hour and sam called the police who weren't,as usual.much help. Apparantley he went outside to confront the bloke who initially refused to identify himself or give the reasons for his hanging around,the rest is history.

I am stunned and amazed that a false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice is forgotten about while a common assault without much touching is accepted to replace those minor matters.

I wonder how the RFL and the Anti-Drugs people responded to the letter/notification they received based on,presumably,what Barlow told him,from Beaumont. 

A great read for those Halifax soccer fans who have just won at Wembley,and have little regard for the RL fans who share the same stadium.

Is there ever any positive news for the sport,which emanates from Leigh Centurions?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I am stunned and amazed that a false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice is forgotten about while a common assault without much touching is accepted to replace those minor matters.

I wonder how the RFL and the Anti-Drugs people responded to the letter/notification they received based on,presumably,what Barlow told him,from Beaumont. 

A great read for those Halifax soccer fans who have just won at Wembley,and have little regard for the RL fans who share the same stadium.

Is there ever any positive news for the sport,which emanates from Leigh Centurions?

Quality, real high quality again. Really hope your lot go bump after missing the 8's and disappear off the face of the RL world.

This is a weird one, assault without assault and more severe charges dropped. What was a doping agent doing outside a players house late at night on his own? If he was part of a team, or with a witness, it would make more sense. Was he there to take a sample, who would witness it? What if it was tampered with? Doesn't smell right this, especially after they were all over Leigh last year like a Sheffield Swingers rash

This is only half of a one sided story,though he is still radio rental.The doping officer was lurking outside his house for over an hour and sam called the police who weren't,as usual.much help. Apparantley he went outside to confront the bloke who initially refused to identify himself or give the reasons for his hanging around,the rest is history.

Do we have a reported link to this scenario?

Not denying it....but if true it would form basis of defense.......

Quality, real high quality again. Really hope your lot go bump after missing the 8's and disappear off the face of the RL world.

This is a weird one, assault without assault and more severe charges dropped. What was a doping agent doing outside a players house late at night on his own? If he was part of a team, or with a witness, it would make more sense. Was he there to take a sample, who would witness it? What if it was tampered with? Doesn't smell right this, especially after they were all over Leigh last year like a Sheffield Swingers rash

The guy pleaded guilty.

Are people saying he wasn't guilty when he himself admits he was?

Was Leigh treated any differently to any other club?

If that is the feeling, it would be interesting to see the evidence.

Is there some sort of conspiracy again Leigh?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7170273/Rugby-ace-Sam-Barlow-faces-lengthy-ban-after-attacking-and-imprisoning-anti-doping-officer.html

The guy pleaded guilty.

Are people saying he wasn't guilty when he himself admits he was?

Was Leigh treated any differently to any other club?

If that is the feeling, it would be interesting to see the evidence.

Is there some sort of conspiracy again Leigh?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7170273/Rugby-ace-Sam-Barlow-faces-lengthy-ban-after-attacking-and-imprisoning-anti-doping-officer.html

Leigh were tested/locked down more that any other club last season I understand, if someone can get access to how many times a club was tested/locked down that would help the perception. Look what he pleaded guilty to and what was dropped. Somethings not quite right with this, plus Sams not a full shilling.

I don't know the full story but the more severe charges have been dropped, sounds like a deal was done and this first went to court in February I believe. I don't understand why an official would be testing a player so late at night on his own - can you explain that one? All I can think is that Barlow was on the NRTP and this was within his 1 hour window, if he wasn't and it wasn't then the plot thickens, I would have expected that to have been stated in the press though

That's a very strange perception that the police aren't, usually, helpful.

I don't know the full story but the more severe charges have been dropped, sounds like a deal was done and this first went to court in February I believe. I don't understand why an official would be testing a player so late at night on his own - can you explain that one?

Why would anybody need to explain that? It's none of our business.

People called Romans they go the house

Maybe, just maybe, charges have been dropped because there's not enough evidence to get a conviction. Imagine that is what the CPS would base such decisions on, rather than worry about the reaction of a Sheffield fan with a chip on his shoulder about Leigh.

The charge he has pleaded guilty to is still a serious one. Biggest surprise for me is a hearing on anti-doping appearing to take priority over a sentencing for breaking the law.

I don't know the full story but the more severe charges have been dropped, sounds like a deal was done and this first went to court in February I believe. I don't understand why an official would be testing a player so late at night on his own - can you explain that one? All I can think is that Barlow was on the NRTP and this was within his 1 hour window, if he wasn't and it wasn't then the plot thickens, I would have expected that to have been stated in the press though

Yes, I'm amazed. Boatload of doping info and protocol missing and you would have thought the Agency would have issued some sort of statement.

Do not have much time for Sam or his brother. But I think there are alot of gray areas in the case where people are happy to assume things on behalf or against Sam Barlow. It sounds very much like one persons word against another with nobody really seeing what actually went on. So I would expect some accusations to be dropped on lack of evidence. But the fact that Sam Barlow has pleaded Guilty to Assault - A serious crime that has seen people face time in Prison for- for me sees Sam has attacked somebody. Until the case is played out in Court its still very unclear exactly what went on and why Sam Barlow felt he had the right to Assault somebody. Given how he acts on a Rugby field and after a game has finished - alleged spitting at Fev fans, alleged threats made at Halifax Fans, Happy to throw his fists around and has a poor disciplinary record he clearly has problems controlling himself.It does not surprise me him Assaulting somebody. I have no reason to believe he took drugs or ever has done. But he is guilty of assault and thats all I will judge him on.

Leigh were tested/locked down more that any other club last season I understand, if someone can get access to how many times a club was tested/locked down that would help the perception.

How do you know Leigh was tested more than any other club? Its easy to play the victim card  on empty words. And I want my club tested and the Sport as a whole tested far more than it is. Drugs have no place and the more testing and more done to find drug users the better. 

Do not have much time for Sam or his brother. But I think there are alot of gray areas in the case where people are happy to assume things on behalf or against Sam Barlow. It sounds very much like one persons word against another with nobody really seeing what actually went on. So I would expect some accusations to be dropped on lack of evidence. But the fact that Sam Barlow has pleaded Guilty to Assault - A serious crime that has seen people face time in Prison for. Until the case is played out in Court its still very unclear exactly what went on and why Sam Barlow felt he had the right to Assault somebody. Given how he acts on a Rugby field and after a game has finished - alleged spitting at Fev fans, alleged threats made at Halifax Fans, Happy to throw his fists around and has a poor disciplinary record he clearly has problems controlling himself.It does not surprise me him Assaulting somebody. 

How do you know Leigh was tested more than any other club? Its easy to play the victim card  on empty words. And I want my club tested and the Sport as a whole tested far more than it is. Drugs have no place and the more testing and more done to find drug users the better. 

My understanding is that it was contactless assault - whatever that is or 'no touching' as both sides seemed to agree on. So we have an assault that didn't involve contact violence but the UKAD official felt intimidated????????? which apparently is also assault ?????????

My testing comment was that all clubs should be tested the same, and I asked if anyone had more detail as I understand they are not. No place for drugs cheats but we should be consistent in our search for them as walking into a training session the day before a game and locking the club down can be disruptive but if consistent then you live with it.

Squats for the big lads ! with him on your shoulders! One big scarey bloke he was! "Do you do weights? "

Bumped into him a few times in the early nineties still get an adrenaline rush /panic when his face appears on websites lol!

Archived