1 May: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 3.30pm

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Discuss Castleford Tigers v St Helens here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

A low scoring game with Cas winning 2-0. 

On a serious note, not looking forward to this one bit.  Saints attack vs our current defence could take some watching

On a positve note hopefully a few leasons learnt from last week (Hampshire to Full Back and Solomona back on the wing for a start) and a team with ALOT to put right will help keep it semi respectable.  Hopefully KC will forget to do a match review and work out that all you need to do to break Cas down is put a half decent kick into our left corner.... 

Saints by 3 scores, hatrick for Saints right winger.

we'll win this one mark my words

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

A low scoring game with Cas winning 2-0. 

On a serious note, not looking forward to this one bit.  Saints attack vs our current defence could take some watching

On a positve note hopefully a few leasons learnt from last week (Hampshire to Full Back and Solomona back on the wing for a start) and a team with ALOT to put right will help keep it semi respectable.  Hopefully KC will forget to do a match review and work out that all you need to do to break Cas down is put a half decent kick into our left corner.... 

Saints by 3 scores, hatrick for Saints right winger.

Our attack has been abysmal until last week.  We went five games out of six without scoring in the second half.  Last week was an aberration as I can't see Cunningham allowing such free flowing rugby from us two weeks on the trot.  We will no doubt be trundling it up the middle again and kicking on the third on Sunday, boring everyone.  Maybe there is a cunning plan to bore Cas into a deep sleep so that we can trick our way to the tryline!

I dread to think how our defence will cope against the pace Cas have, especially on the edges.  I will be listening to the game from behind the sofa.

We will no doubt be trundling it up the middle again and kicking on the third on Sunday,

That's my worry, kick it to our left every third tackle and you will score 50. We have a 5'1' ft winger with a broken hand and centre (who I rate highly in genral) but doesn't appear to like jumping!!!

We also look to be continuing with the Hampshire half back/Solomona fullback experiment, so I wouldn't be overly worried about our attack. Pace on our edges? Not unless Joel Monaghan has spent the last week in a time travel gymnasium...

Saints 2 point handicap with sky bet very good value.

Cas lineup looks poor debutant under 19's forward on bench. Solomona at full back and Hitchcox on the wing.

Lomax hatrick doesn't look bad value either.

Come on Cas lose me some money!

Did I just hear 10-6 Cas?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Possibly - unless it's the voices again...

Noooo...the voices...just as I'd banished them.

Did I just hear 10-6 Cas?

H-T Score

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Now Cas 20 Saints 12

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Cas 20 Saints 22

Cas head and feed on Saints line...

Saints hold out,

20-24.

Cas head and feed on Saints line...

*pedant mode* 10 out from Saints line

*pedant mode* 10 out from Saints line

*Sulky mode*

Bog off.

Saints repelling everything Cas are throwing at them.

Saints' ball making their way up field and get a relieving penalty.

Saints over through Lomax.

20-28.

Hitchcox in touch as he attempts to put the ball down

Final score Cas 20 Saints 30.

Thanks for the updates OF.  I was too busy listening behind the sofa to come on here.  From the radio commentary it sounded like we were back to our usual tricks in attack but defended marginally better than last week (by our standards anyway, which this season have been atrocious in terms of defence).  The match came across as a tough battle by two teams not at their best but I have to say I'm relieved Saints won. 

Cas extremely unlucky today.

Injury problems continue Junior Moors pulled out earlier today and Jake Webster picked up an injury in the warm up. Reshuffled team ment Grant Millington played half back for us! We had a 17 old forward making his debut on the bench.

We were still in the game near the end and we're extremely unlucky when 4 behind and attacking the Saints line not to get a penalty firstly for LMS giving Springer a facial on the floor and then again on the last tackle when Walsh blatantly obstructed Monaghan as he was attempting to get under a bomb on the Saints line. Another set of 6 may have been enough to snatch it. However the penalty wasn't forthcoming and Springer went headhunting LMS - conceding a penalty for a high shot which Saints punished us for.

Happy with the performance, shame about the result (£50 quid better off is a small consolation!). Andy Lynch picked up a nasty looking injury to add to our woes...if we could get something like our strongest team back on the field we would take some beating I reckon.

Our injury list for next week's cup game will probably be Roberts, Shenton, Webster, Lynch, Dorn, Patrick, Mariano, Holmes, Robson and possibly Junior Moors. Tough times. It's been at that kind of level for the last 10 games and isn't getting any better.

Edit- Andy Lynch, broken leg. Oh joy!

Archived