McNamara - Sacked

I'm surprised at how ambivalent I am about this. Fine. Draw a line under it.

Now our main scapegoat has gone, let's really see what kind of Super League side the Bulls are.

And whoever it is that comes in, they'll have the interest and immunity of being a shiny new toy, but will that person make a difference? I won't matter for the moment, just bring something different.

Finally, let's hope Sykes is banned for a few games...!

He's been sacked, no word about it. The term Mutual Agreement is just a nice word.

Too many supporters had voted with no confidence and who can blame them after watching what was the worse Bradford Bulls performance since the name change back in 1996.

Tommy, the club website says it was mutual agreement. I know where you are coming from, but to say someone was sacked, when both parties say otherwise, could be construed as libelous. Might be best to be a bit careful. ;)

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

The idea that a miserably failed club coach leaves his club to devote himself to a full time job as coach of England is something you cannot make up! :lol:

Only in English rugby league! :rolleyes:

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I just heard it on 5Live.

I must admit it was a touch disconcerting to hear:

"The Bradford Bulls caoch Steve McNamara has been sacked after a run of 7 consecutive defeats. He will leave immediately to take up his position as Head Coach of the England team"

There is definitely something wrong in that statement somewhere.

:wacko:

Heard that too but later they said " Steve McNamara will become England Rugby League coach full time after leaving the Bradford Bulls by mutual consent"

Sounds better to those who don't know how bad Bradford have been.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

wooooohooo! about time too. should have done this last season.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

It could be that McNamara is better suited to England than SL. There's no doubt he's at the forefront of technique and thinking about the game, he just hasn't been able to impose it in his FIRST JOB. When dealing solely with elite players it may well work more successfully.

Whatever, he has conducted himself with dignity and good grace throughout a very difficult time. I'll bet he's carried the burden of our last three years very heavily and very personally. I for one am sad to see him go, but the reality is that sentiment cannot trump what clearly had to be done.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

The idea that a miserably failed club coach leaves his club to devote himself to a full time job as coach of England is something you cannot make up! :lol:

Only in English rugby league! :rolleyes:

###### me i actually agree with albert :O:O:O

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Don't be daft - 6 would be enough ;)

under 16's :P:P:P:P

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg