Workington Town Legacy Initiative

pensioner

The legacy fund is at 1340 so far, gone a bit quiet last couple of days , if you haven't contributed but intend to then just get it done. Can we hit 1500 before the weekend is up, no game this week so go on sneak your 16 quid that you would have spent if we had a home game into the fund.......no home games for 2 week means more cash flow issues so knowing the amount being raised through the fund will help plan . Come on townies keep this club alive and kicking. UTT

just done mine now marra utt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine done, come on Townies there's a lot of support from other club supporters which is great to see,  lets see more Townies digging deep please

So right Hate the rec, so far, known donations from fans of Warrington, Hunslet, Leigh, London Skolars, London Broncos, St Helens and Oldham alongside our own fans.

£50 more donated so far today, £1480 in total from 58 supporters. Well done to the Travellers Rest Supporters Club and we'll done to all who are supporting the Legacy of Town! To pass £2000 by next Sunday would be brilliant.

I also hope we don't miss the opportunity for a bucket collection at the next two home games.

Looks like a well known Parton resident has chipped in...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Wasn't having a go at you mate I'm just a bit taken aback and disappointed...... there is people who get wages down there isn't there and they should be driving this home, training the staff or getting things in place......to say ring back is unbelievable, not give me your details and I'll get this resolved, I'm annoyed , it's a joke , I've literally been at my friends , family just to donate a 10er and they don't even support town and we've got people who want to hand over 100 notes and we respond like that.

I've been badgering family and friends as well. My brother lives away and probably hasn't seen Town for about 5 years and was never a huge fan, he chipped in £320 yesterday for shares and 3 seats for him and his lads, he just wants the club to survive, we could do with a few more like him. ;)  

I've been badgering family and friends as well. My brother lives away and probably hasn't seen Town for about 5 years and was never a huge fan, he chipped in £320 yesterday for shares and 3 seats for him and his lads, he just wants the club to survive, we could do with a few more like him. ;)  

We could; seems not that many Town fans really have contributed to the legacy initiative, barely 10%? Maybe not many know about it? Maybe a flyer at the Dewsbury match might help?

We could; seems not that many Town fans really have contributed to the legacy initiative, barely 10%? Maybe not many know about it? Maybe a flyer at the Dewsbury match might help?

Maybe people are buying shares and naming seats instead ? It'd be good if the club could give an update on how much they've raised directly through those schemes.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Maybe people are buying shares and naming seats instead ? It'd be good if the club could give an update on how much they've raised directly through those schemes.

The just giving initiative is great for those who just want to chip in  what they can afford but with shares and seat naming you ate putting in a minimum of £40 but you are getting something for your money. I still think the BOD should have had an open meeting with the fans to try and explain our present predicament and discuss the legacy initiatives on offer.

The just giving initiative is great for those who just want to chip in  what they can afford but with shares and seat naming you ate putting in a minimum of £40 but you are getting something for your money. I still think the BOD should have had an open meeting with the fans to try and explain our present predicament and discuss the legacy initiatives on offer.

Exactly. I haven't donated to the justgiving thing but I've bought £250 of shares and named 2 seats so that's £370. The amount raised can't be judged by the justgiving fund as the club are receiving cash directly.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The Justgiving page will close in the next day or so (only stays live for 30 days normally), can I take this opportunity to thank everyone who has donated and/or shared the link. If you haven't donated and would like to make sure you get in quickly, Special thanks of course to all the fans of other clubs who have given and to Justgiving themselves who have just donated £50.

Archived