Sky Sports picks for week ending 1/8/2010

Friday 30th July: Leeds Rhinos vs Wigan Warriors, Kick-Off 20:00

Saturday 31st July: Warrington Wolves vs St Helens, Kick-Off 18:45

Two classics in the making I feel.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Should be a fascinating 4 weeks for Wire - Wigan, Cats away, Saints and Cats - esp with Cats getting their act together with a vengeance now they have their key players back. I would have thought that if they are serious about wanting to finish 2nd and get to the semi they should aim to produce their best performances back to back for the last 2 of those games. Being involved in an epic at Wigan could leave them suffering in the weeks ahead to no useful prupose if Wigan keep doing what they've been doing and secure first spot whatever the result.

Should be a fascinating 4 weeks for Wire - Wigan, Cats away, Saints and Cats - esp with Cats getting their act together with a vengeance now they have their key players back. I would have thought that if they are serious about wanting to finish 2nd and get to the semi they should aim to produce their best performances back to back for the last 2 of those games. Being involved in an epic at Wigan could leave them suffering in the weeks ahead to no useful prupose if Wigan keep doing what they've been doing and secure first spot whatever the result.

It's certainly make or break. The positive thing for me this year is that we haven't lost two games on the bounce, which could be crucial during the next few weeks.

Hopefully we are now due a top performance as we have been a little off colour for a while now (Friday would be perfect!).

Ultimately, I would be happy if the table finished as is, Wigan have held that top spot for most of the year, and we have had 2nd, I would be disappointed to blow that now and finish 3rd or 4th and lose home advantage in the playoffs.

If losing Friday meant we would still finish 2nd and make Wembley, then that will do for me.