Match Thread. London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 19th March 2016

marklaspalmas

Rovers confirmed on twitter that thacks got discharged from hospital and travelled back with the team but is out 4-6 weeks with his facial injury

If anyone has seen a pic of his injury which he posted on twitter a few of his teeth are bent back in his mouth - picture sloth from the goonies and you have an idea what he looks like

Channing has a suspected slight hamstring tear too

These two injuries are obviously a blow but craven can slot into the halves with Briggs to cover thacks, Blockley, cording et al can cover channings posistion and we can move back rowers around, ormanroyd, tagg, et al plus snitch due to come back soon too who can cover cording in the back row if we move him to centre

Not ideal, but we have versatile guys who can come in and do the job and with the run we are on will want to play too

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Sheffield will be missing a few next week aswell. Sounds like another fine example of the team spirit Jon Sharpe has brought to us and also the lack of knowledge away from fax that oxy boy as

Where's Oxy boy when you need a bit of praise

No doubt oxyboy will be back when we have a poor result, which on the probabilities will happen, but , of course I hope it doesn't. Fantastic effort by the boys, roll on fat boy and his super fit fulltimers.

Don't forget that Fev V Fax is only a fortnight away, bet he's quaking in his boots.

He may not be the only one if we take the spoils from that game as they play Oldham away,Bradford at home then us,that will be 9 games played with possibly 6pts but please don't forget that it's going to be Jon Sharp who's going to get the boot this season (according to Oxy boys pre season posts )and the only way Richard Marshall is leaving is when he gets snapped up by a super league club,don't worry Oxy boy he'll be at a much better club than Fax next year when he's in charge at Batley

Forza Fev

Haha its been a busy week with Cheltenham so have not had any time to got on any of the forums as my absence suggests. Thankfully I have done better there than my team is currently doing but I must admit that is a really good result against London although I will say again that I saw nothing special in either London or Sheffield, it was just another case of how far we are off at the moment. Im not worrying about the Fev game at the moment as I think we could struggle against Oldham. On current form I am not joking when I say we should be easy pickings for Fev.

Haha its been a busy week with Cheltenham so have not had any time to got on any of the forums as my absence suggests. Thankfully I have done better there than my team is currently doing but I must admit that is a really good result against London although I will say again that I saw nothing special in either London or Sheffield, it was just another case of how far we are off at the moment. Im not worrying about the Fev game at the moment as I think we could struggle against Oldham. On current form I am not joking when I say we should be easy pickings for Fev.

Thanks goodness you are back cos it gets tiresome when we are self praising.

I think this result means fev are back which is great for the league.Well done tonight.

It's very encouraging.

However, taking all your clothes off running round the house jiggling your trouser furniture whilst singing "happy days are here again", as one forum user did, isn't mandatory

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

There's a definite slope at that ground and I thought if we were within hailing distance at half time we would have a big chance, running down the slope on that slick surface it was easy to make yards. We just didn't have the ball in the first 20 minutes, they kept getting repeat sets due to penalties or dropped kicks late in the tackle count, last year with that amount of possession we would have been 30 points down after half an hour.

I'll say this as well, our new fitness guy must be earning his corn, some of our lads did huge minutes after the two early injuries and we had to do an enormous amount of tackling early on but we looked miles stronger than a full-time team in the second half.

I remember a few people commenting on Billy Mallinson being a great signing when we brought him in last november..........i think our fitness was the difference against Dewsbury and Batley.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

It's very encouraging.

However, taking all your clothes of running riund the house jiggling your trouser furniture whilst singing "happy days are here again", as one forum user did, isn't mandatory

ha, ha I also gave my good lady wife a chorus of "iv never felt more like singing the blues, when Featherstone win and Castleford lose ow Rovers u get me singing the blues"

Any League Express reader know the official attendance from this match? Reported nowhere......

294 according to League Express Mark

Archived