SKY to show selected championship matches in 2017

As predicted by myself on this very forum. confirmation appears on the London Broncos website

Sky Sports will screen selected matches from the Kingstone Press Championship in 2016, and all six matches from the Summer Bash at Blackpool will be available to watch across Sky Sports

http://www.londonbroncosrl.com/news/london-kick-off-2017-season-away/

I think we know which matches they will pick but will it be 3.0pm on Sunday or not ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Things like this make me think that Sweaty Craiq's  idea that Sky and the RFL are working towards a FT SL1 and 2 a might not be that far fetched.

If it's just a result of BeIn televising Toulouse games and Sky taking the feed that's still good news.

Sky said the same last year. Look how many were televised

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

ERM  why does it say 2016 ??

Should it not read 2017 ?

I think it's a typo, a bit like nobody spotted my missing 0 from 3.00pm

The typo also in true RL Style seems to have been part of the press release used by clubs and media outlets - see links

http://www.rugbyam.co.uk/articles/news/championship/2017-kingstone-press-championship-fixtures-announced/

http://seriousaboutrl.com/more-rl/sky-sports-to-show-championship-games-in-2017

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Unless we hear from Sky directly the fixtures, the kick of times and the dates they are showing these games I'd approach with caution - as said above, we've heard this before.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

To be honest, and I know this is going to sound a bit self-centred, but I'm happy for Sky not to show Championship games.

I've grown rather fond of knowing that all the games covered by my Bulls Season Ticket will be played at 3.00 pm on a Sunday (well, there'll be an Easter game kicking off in the evening...but you get the point). The thought of going back to having games suddenly switched to Thursday or Friday nights, sometimes at short notice, doesn't really appeal.

It's something us Bradford fans had to get used to for 19 years so I don't think it'll be too tough a transition

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Away, possibly. Home, not a chance. Sadly correct

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.
John Ray (1627 - 1705)            I preferred "Just Walking in the Rain" myself. :biggrin:

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just thought... this may have some legs due to SkySports' new "Mix" channel which they might want to fill.

This channel has only recently been added this year!

I don't think that channel has any exclusive content, it just cherry picks stuff from the main sports channels, like a showcase sort of thing.

I don't think that channel has any exclusive content, it just cherry picks stuff from the main sports channels, like a showcase sort of thing.

Has anyone kept track of how often RL is on?

No! Oh, Well.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived