Baldwinson

Pudsey leeds

Evening lads

I watched baldwinson work  his way up through the leeds system and as far as I'm aware he's coming back to us at the end of the year.

I just wondered what your thoughts are on his performances for you this year, and how you think he might develop over the next few seasons?

Cheers.

Been excellent - 100% every game, even played 80 mins some games

His development depends on what happens at Leeds really - I personally cant see him getting in the with the forwards Leeds have plus Galloway to come in

Id say his career would probably benefit moving elsewhere rather than rot in Leeds reserves, be it with us or another club

Im sure we'd definately be interested in another loan or something permanent if opportunity arises

Evening lads

I watched baldwinson work  his way up through the leeds system and as far as I'm aware he's coming back to us at the end of the year.

I just wondered what your thoughts are on his performances for you this year, and how you think he might develop over the next few seasons?

Cheers.

Us ladies have a view to you know :-)

Jordan as given rovers 100% whenever he's pulled on a Fev shirt. Like elppaxri as stated above it would be a crying shame to take him back to Leeds to sit and get game time only with the reserves. I'd be quite happy for him to stay with us (don't really want anyone else to have him) and for him to further his development in the forwards. Whatever is decided I'd like to wish him all the very best

Im Fev and im proud

Surely if he wants to stay with us and we want him to he should have some say in where he would like to continue his development I am sure that lEEDS being a magnanimous club would not stand in his way.

Also what about Minns, I thought he was an excellent player who knew where the try line was ?

he's a quality player with a quality attitude. never gives less than 100%. whoever he plays for will get their moneysworth.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Baldy needs some good advice about what might be best for him.

It's very tough to break into the Leeds first team and you need a bit of luck to get the opportunity at the right time. My brother was a big money signing for them in the late 70's but after initial success suffered a long injury and on his return his path was blocked so he moved on. It happened with many others around that time, notably Chris Burton, and I get the impression nothing much has changed.

If Jordan is a dyed in the wool Rhino with ambitions to play in major finals for them he might be better advised as a prop to gain his experience at a not so wealthy club while he matures into the finished article I'm sure he will become. He could then move to Rhinos and still be young enough to give them a good 10 year of service. He's very young for a prop, but they tend to go on longer, so he's got bags of time.

He's an admirable player who has become very popular with the Featherstone fans because of his excellent effort and attitude and his consistency.

For me, he's not a SL prop yet though. I think he will be in time, but he's still only 20 and you'd think there is still plenty of filling out and strengthening to do, he's built more like a second row than a prop at the moment. He runs in hard every time but he's not punching huge holes in Championship defences or creating havoc with offloads - he's just been very solid, and at this stage of his career I don't think he'd trouble SL defences (think he's only scored one try despite numerous carries close to the line, not his fault, he just doesn't have that bulk yet). But the potential is obviously there, he can also sidestep and pass the ball and it's not difficult to imagine him being a really complete forward in a couple of years' time, especially with his fine attitude. I'd say another year at a Championship club with high-class weights and training facilities would be ideal :-)

He's an admirable player who has become very popular with the Featherstone fans because of his excellent effort and attitude and his consistency.

For me, he's not a SL prop yet though. I think he will be in time, but he's still only 20 and you'd think there is still plenty of filling out and strengthening to do, he's built more like a second row than a prop at the moment. He runs in hard every time but he's not punching huge holes in Championship defences or creating havoc with offloads - he's just been very solid, and at this stage of his career I don't think he'd trouble SL defences (think he's only scored one try despite numerous carries close to the line, not his fault, he just doesn't have that bulk yet). But the potential is obviously there, he can also sidestep and pass the ball and it's not difficult to imagine him being a really complete forward in a couple of years' time, especially with his fine attitude. I'd say another year at a Championship club with high-class weights and training facilities would be ideal :-)

Baldy needs some good advice about what might be best for him.

It's very tough to break into the Leeds first team and you need a bit of luck to get the opportunity at the right time. My brother was a big money signing for them in the late 70's but after initial success suffered a long injury and on his return his path was blocked so he moved on. It happened with many others around that time, notably Chris Burton, and I get the impression nothing much has changed.

If Jordan is a dyed in the wool Rhino with ambitions to play in major finals for them he might be better advised as a prop to gain his experience at a not so wealthy club while he matures into the finished article I'm sure he will become. He could then move to Rhinos and still be young enough to give them a good 10 year of service. He's very young for a prop, but they tend to go on longer, so he's got bags of time.

Couldn't agree more with both of you about his effort and attitude, although even at Championship level he still lacks the bulk/strength to be an outstanding prop who opposing teams 'fear'. He's by far and away been the best value of the 'Leeds bunch'.

Without wishing to put a dampener on his career, I hope that he could develop into a 'Peacock' type player in the years to come.

Archived