full time swinton

I work Sundays and most bank holidays so I rarely get to a game these days. Managed to get today off and so saw the team for the first time this season. There is one glaring deficiency and that is defence. We ended the game much the fitter team and with some really decent passing attacks. But that is of no consequence if the opposition are too far in front.yes the ref was a bit dodgy and inconsistent but the reason we lost was because of our defence. Let's be honest Swinton are no great shakes but we let them through our right side with ease. Do we have a defensive coach? If not we need one.28-18. Won the second half 4-18.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly that was absolutely garbage today what is actually going on with Oldham. I was annoyed on Sunday at half time but today I was furious the players let themself down and also the fans. We cannot blame the ref week in week out for shocking performances the ref doesn't miss simple 1 and 1 tackles. and finally please never let Lippy play on the wing again because he's a wasted out there

What's happening,what's going on,the team seems to be crumbling around us.We're running out of time and games.At this rate we might be asking the question-Who can we beat in this division?. It's not looking promising. Or is it me being over dramatic?.As this was seen as a very winnable game.

First half we didn't look like getting over the line and every time they got in our half they scored. Second half they were very tired and we 'got back in the game?' But in other news did you see scott naylor nearly start fighting swintons coach, I wonder who would have won?

After a more than promising start to the season,things are starting to unravel. A far too small starting squad has been decimated by injuries, and on top of that we have the puzzling and massively disappointing Josh Crowley situation.

Eventually,the cavalry finally arrived from the other side of the Pennines,but,so far, they have proved no better,if not worse,than what we have already.

Whilst the effort of our forwards could never be questioned,Joy and Ward apart,we are desperately short of bulk and power up the middle. Jack Spencer has been increasingly impressive,but he seems far better suited in a second rower's role.

Apart from Adam Clay,the outside backs don't seem capable of breaking a tackle,and defensively they haven't been up to it.

Creatively,we have nothing,bar the mightily impressive Danny Grimshaw,who is improving game on game,and of course we have Richard Lepori,the player of the season so far.

Today,in the first 10 minutes or so,we had 4 or 5 sets in their 25,but never looked like scoring. On the other hand Swinton scored 4 tries from half a dozen sorties into the red zone.Our goal line defence,especially out wide,was abysmal.

The first half tactics of 5 drives and a kick proved fruitless,yet we persisted with no one taking responsibility to play what they see in front of them.In the second half,with nothing to lose,we threw the ball about and looked far more dangerous. Swinton were no great shakes,and our team from last season would have seen them off.

Since part way through the Workington game,things don't seem right in terms of spirit when things don't go our way. I'm convinced something is amiss behind the scenes,highlighted by the deafening silence surrounding the Crowley affair. 

We have waited so long to reach this level and it appears that we are contriving to make it a very short stay, I pray to God that things improve and we rekindle the fire of last season.

My greatest fear is that last season was a flash in the pan.I sincerely hope not.To reach the heady heights of last season,this is very concerning to me.To go back down would be the bitterest pill to swallow. But one things for sure is that I'll continue shouting for my team come what may.

Right, hang on for a start we start with a hooker at full back, our centre limps off and we have no cover, we ain't a bad side, we just don't have the numbers to cover key positions in the backs. Clay pulled out late so I believe, Naylor walked out for the second half and responded to someones comment as and I quote " I have had enough" , he can only work with what he has can Nobby, the lads in our colours strived manfully today but we have not got players in the right positions. This comes down to one man who won't shell out a couple of bob to sign players we need. Hamilton is the problem with this club not moving forward, sense tells you after the statement of we are only out of town temporarily and are staying at Whitebank. This clown wants us down so he don't spend any money. Go down, and we are at Whitebank with a pitiful crowd again and he is justified in not spendimg money. The blame lies squarely at the chairmans door and NOT the lads who get smashed in every week for the good of our club. I will back any player who pulls our shirt on, but as for the chairman, I hope he knows he is ruining this club. He sanctions signings etc, he is the reason ultimately we are ######. Don't blame Scott or any player, look at the man who really pulls the strings.

Agree MR that comment from Nobby, worries me greatly. I don't know who the had enough was related to but it didn't seem too clever in relation to the club. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.Something is wrong at the club, if its not addressed and sharpish we will be back with the minnows. The silence and lack of comms from the club towards all our fans is shocking.

Let's hope Scott Naylor sticks at it. However defence has to improve along with the offloading /support play.Today 3 or 4 times Grimshaw was not backed up as he slipped through with his hands free.

One man rugby will not get you very far in this league.

Right, hang on for a start we start with a hooker at full back, our centre limps off and we have no cover, we ain't a bad side, we just don't have the numbers to cover key positions in the backs. Clay pulled out late so I believe, Naylor walked out for the second half and responded to someones comment as and I quote " I have had enough" , he can only work with what he has can Nobby, the lads in our colours strived manfully today but we have not got players in the right positions. This comes down to one man who won't shell out a couple of bob to sign players we need. Hamilton is the problem with this club not moving forward, sense tells you after the statement of we are only out of town temporarily and are staying at Whitebank. This clown wants us down so he don't spend any money. Go down, and we are at Whitebank with a pitiful crowd again and he is justified in not spendimg money. The blame lies squarely at the chairmans door and NOT the lads who get smashed in every week for the good of our club. I will back any player who pulls our shirt on, but as for the chairman, I hope he knows he is ruining this club. He sanctions signings etc, he is the reason ultimately we are ######. Don't blame Scott or any player, look at the man who really pulls the strings.

What if he has no money? 

Let's be honest, what Scott and Co have achieved on next to nothing has been nothing short of amazing. If he was to leave,we might as well stay at home because we won't have much of a club left.I just hope upon hope it doesn't come to that. He has been the cornerstone of the club since he arrived.

Archived