Match thread Rovers v Oldham Sunday 28th Feb.

pont rover

Small squad. Injuries/suspensions, we need DR. But I'm sure that Sharpe will pick who is playing best for the position. If we had signed the DR people wouldn't the situation be just the same? Who plays best gets in.

bloody eck col.... you're on a roll

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

No..... who said that?

i think that was the gist of what Steve Slater said on post number 20

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I think it goes without saying. JS has set out his strategy for the season based on the difference in central funding between the top 4 clubs and Rovers who finished 5th. Most Fev fans say they have no chance of making top 4, but D/R just might give them a chance, be it right or wrong. These lads from Leeds might even help win full-time contracts for next year for those who currently miss out when they are available. If they are good enough they will get their chances but JS won't hand it to tem on a plate like he did at the back end of last season.

Well a wins a win i suppose

Overplayed it far too many times today when on the attack, going for a spectacular pass or even a "no look" pass

You do those things when winning easy - not at 10-6 16-6 up

Points wouldve come more easily if we'd played it a lot more simple and gone back to basics for me

None the less we got it done eventually, probably due to our excellent defence but we'll have to play a lot better than that vs dews next week

Was frustrating today the amount of ball that went down, but suppose were still pretty new together and had a few of them stuck we would have been out of site after 20 minutes. Oldham have a hardworking pack 2 decent half's and the full back looks pretty useful. 1 pleasing thing is our defence is winning us games, when the attack clicks we will be a good team.

Said Oldham were a decent side and they've proved that today. Gave us a good game and it won't do our players any harm. Tougher challenges ahead but if we could cut out the silly penalties and get more possession as a result it'll take some of the defensive pressure off

Spot on Phil, Oldham ARE a decent side.

Really liking the way the competition has started - expect judgements on who will finish where to rumble on all season.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Thanks for the positives for us today, thought you guys showed what needs to be done to kill sides off, bit more clinical than us today and for me a big difference was your number 10,Bostock had a cracker- strong running and great offloading. Our discipline was poor today,cant afford to give sides easy yards. Maybe would have been intriguing if we hadnt bombed a certain try before half time to make it 10-12 but thats the way it goes. Must say the welcome from Rovers fans was very touching,quite a few tapping us and saying how good it was to have us back in the Championship. The ground has certainly changed too, for the better if i may say so. Well done today and good luck for the season. See you all up at ours later on in the year.

Oldham  really had a go today.Thought they could have scored two tries in the first half when the ball carrier ignored supporting players.They seemed to find gaps either side of the ruck.Fev looked to have a bit more speed on the outside and i think drier ground conditions will suit us more than some teams.We  are more of a TEAM than last year.

Archived