22 May: SL-MW: Hull FC v Hull KR KO 5.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Hull KR

Discuss Hull FC v Hull KR at the Magic Weekend here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull FC clearly the better side this year so I will go with a 51% chance of a win and no more - the previous derby shows how little it counts for.

FC could be without form player Liam Watts due to disciplinary but on the plus I suspect Pritchard will be chomping at the bit.

Hull FC clearly the better side this year so I will go with a 51% chance of a win and no more - the previous derby shows how little it counts for.

FC could be without form player Liam Watts due to disciplinary but on the plus I suspect Pritchard will be chomping at the bit.

Watts took an EPG so will play, we have a full squad to choose from, as you said Derbys can be unpredictable but I would be disappointed if we get beat. The players have set the bar our forwards and bench rotation should get us through.

Have I missed something .. London ?

It's a little joke, summat to do with Shaun Wane and what he said or what was said about him I think.

I think it's to do with overconfidence but I didn't read the thread all the japes were on.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

FC by at least 30

Kelly isn't enough to beat or match FC on his own and I expect him to be in his shell.

The Hull pack to steamroll KR and provide a comfy place for Sneyd and Pryce to continue with "their stuff".

For once in one of these occasions I'm confident enough to think we'll see FC dominate!

OF will now be planning to slaughter a goat and dance naked round a fire in his garden tonight at midnight!  :fie:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

FC to be humbled. We always do rubbish when we're expected to win!

Just like against Wigan, Wire and the Cats lol - Widnes was obviously a blip !!!

You're turning into "OF 2 The Revenge"!

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

Have I missed something .. London ?

It was meant as a joke at Wane's/Wiganers expense - that every wiganer assumes beating us leads to teams having a massive party to celebrate. It may have collapsed under the combined weight of its obscurity and lack of wit.

I do think that HKR are very dangerous opposition though and would be surprised to see them routed.

Just like against Wigan, Wire and the Cats lol - Widnes was obviously a blip !!!

Bit over confidant ain't you Roy Boy?!

Granted, I think you've to much for us seeing as you've unbelievably a fully fit squad. Still +30 is bordering on arrogance here.

It was meant as a joke at Wane's/Wiganers expense - that every wiganer assumes beating us leads to teams having a massive party to celebrate. It may have collapsed under the combined weight of its obscurity and lack of wit.

I do think that HKR are very dangerous opposition though and would be surprised to see them routed.

Thanks for explaining that mate, I understand the "joke" now.....

photos%2FTumbleweed.jpg

Bit over confidant ain't you Roy Boy?!

Granted, I think you've to much for us seeing as you've unbelievably a fully fit squad. Still +30 is bordering on arrogance here.

I think looking through the history of Hull derby clashes teaches us that it's a dangerous thing to write off either team when they're considerable underdogs.

Having said that I would be extremely disappointed if Hull didn't get the two points here. 

I'm as confident as Hull City fans were going into their home game 2nd leg play off game v Derby tonight with a surely unassailable 3 goal lead...

(Currently Hull 0 Derby 2.)

If I had my time again, I'd not have typed what the voices in my head were telling me...

Meanwhile, I have been considering the FC conundrum and would suggest that this side is the strongest for close on 30 years. I recall a few strong FC sides in the interim - a Brian Smith coached one and the one the got to the GF in 2006. I appreciate that there was the cup winning one as well. What sets this one apart is the strength across the park and their strength in depth. They look equipped to win games in all conditions and against all comers, which is the sign of a wonderful team. On their day, you won't win standing toe to toe with them, and you won't out score them throwing the ball around, extraordinary to find a side with monstrous forwards, lethal backs and a perfectly balanced spine. Now, they have won nothing yet, but it is harder to see them failing to do so than imagining them winning. I suppose they may get unlucky with injuries, but even then they aren't reliant on any individual. I suspect Catalans will ultimately be the most fallible of the 3 current top teams, and Wire seem to have the odd shocking performance in them mysteriously.

For Wigan to beat FC on a level footing would require Tomkins, Williams, Smith and O'Loughlin to be on op of their games simultaneously, and Gelling and Bateman to work their magic, It's possible, but a long shot.

Finally, I hope that the people of that league loving city realise what they are watching...

(they'll lose at the week end despite all this of course)

Nicely put EW, thanks for your generous words.

Now we'll definitely lose.

I meant against Rovers.

Heavy favourites in all games in 2007. Only managed to scrape a home and away win, beat at MW, they stuffed at home by a record score.

Only 1 win from 4 in 2008.

Couldn't beat them in 2009.

Beat them in both league games in 2010, but lost the one that mattered on the playoffs.

MW struck again opening weekend 2011.

Last minute defeat in 2012 MW.

Revenge in 2013 MW, but convincing defeat in 2014.

Last year was great. Hopefully more of the same, but we have a terrible record in the MW, and have lost plenty of big games against them in recent years.

I'll never be convinced there's a favourite. Form counts for nothing.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Looking forward to the only Derby that the RFL insist on putting on at every Magic Weekend.

Got my Wembley 1980 Millward no6 shirt on order in the optimistic hope that the Wembley jinx will see our much depleted side grind out a win.Still several players missing and several playing needled up.

Two great weekends to look forward to with a trip to Perpignan next.Win or lose its all about being there and part of Super League.

Surprised Hull are not targeting 50 points!

Hull have been in great form recently and really look to be GF contenders and although we seem to have picked up some kind of form ourselves I'm not confident about this one. But it is a derby and underdogs can never be written off.If we play to our best throughout the whole 80 minutes then we will have a chance.

Looking forward to the only Derby that the RFL insist on putting on at every Magic Weekend.

Got my Wembley 1980 Millward no6 shirt on order in the optimistic hope that the Wembley jinx will see our much depleted side grind out a win.Still several players missing and several playing needled up.

Two great weekends to look forward to with a trip to Perpignan next.Win or lose its all about being there and part of Super League.

Surprised Hull are not targeting 50 points!

They put it on every year because you've both been that mediocre, you've been evenly matched

They put it on every year because you've both been that mediocre, you've been evenly matched

Just trying to recall who the only other team we've beaten at Magic apart from Rovers is.

It'll come to me sooner or later.

Just trying to recall who the only other team we've beaten at Magic apart from Rovers is.

It'll come to me sooner or later.

Was it cas?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Was it cas?

I was hoping Snapski would tell us actually, I was winding him up.

I was hoping Snapski would tell us actually, I was winding him up.

I was helping but should of put a wink in..

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Archived