Today v Worky

LOYALION

Right let's try a resurrect this forum with a thread based on positivity, enthusiasm and topic!

Great resolve shown again today from the boys. Good first half but let ourselves be dominated a bit in the second.

Good debut from Fell who looked solid at the back and another good one from Marshall.

Over to you guys......and gals of course!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Enthusiasm and positivity blimey you are talking about Swinton (so I will go with one or the other) Atkin - short ball to Dwyer combination has been excellent all season. Have been really impressed by Nash the last couple of weeks and Morrison (and Hand )would run through a brick wall. They have been playing against some big lads these last two weeks and must be battered and bruised.

What happened to Beharrell today? Seemed to be injured and we did not see him again.

On the downside, still too easy to score against inside our 10. We seem to do all the hard work and tackling and then just a quick "scoot" from the play the ball does for us. We have had to work much harder defensively and we still struggle to get ourselves out of trouble with a good kicking game.

Halifax and Batley should be concerned.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

I've watched every game this season and the pack as a whole have done well.

The likes of Hand and Lever in the middle never stop working and Dwyer has run well out wide in the past few games.

Atkin has been the pick of the backs and I think we can upset a few teams throughout the season!

Real good game today but the two kicks by Town and fielded by both Fell and Marshall near the end helped win the match for us.

Interviewed young Fell after the game for Lions TV.

He said he is with us on a week to week basis as he is too old now to play in the Wigan Under 19's and he is short of game time.

I thought he had a real good debut scoring the first try and putting out the final pass for the next two and then taking the Sammut bomb kick right near the end.

Well done too Stuart Littler on the 500 games and to Former Lion Carl Forber for his 500th goal for Town.

Onwards and upwards for next week at Halifax

ALSO

Well done Harry Aaronson scoring two tries for Wigan U-19's on his debut in their win at Castleford

Really enjoyed the game today, have started watching from behind the dugout but still haven't decided where the best view is, the main stand roof makes it feel a little claustrophobic! On the pitch really impressed with Atkin, Hand and Nash today.

Workington a big outfit and we did well to dominate first half. Second half how long was extra time?not a criticism at all but didn't do my health any good!

Nice to see Duffy cheer at the final hooter.

Starting to feel optomistic!

I agree Nash has come on well with game time and I think Dwyer is finding his best form yet.

The loss of Beharrell due to injury put a lot on Nico who ran out of a bit of steam I think. Apparently we should have Halafihi back next week so we have cover.

The forwards are a bit smaller than other packs and are tiring but managing to control them.

Well done to Littler for a magnificent 500!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Enjoyed the game today but once again nail biting! In the pack both Lever and Hands work rate is immense in both defence and attack and another good break from Dwyer which led to a try. In the backs Atkins played well and Fell had an outstanding debut. Littler also played well in his 500th game.

Great result today against a very useful Workington team - honestly thought it could have gone either way but top marks to our lads for yet again playing the full 80 minutes - games like today show what a tough league this is even against the 'bottom' sides

How did the attendance stand up against the last two home games?Hope we're attracting some fans from the local area. The game was a fantastic effort from the whole team,players and coaching staff in a game that could have gone either way.

Stu Willy

Second half was 47 minutes long. There were some injuries (a head clash, Mike Morrison had 2 spells and there was a possible concussion to a Workington player) but I didn't think they alone added up to 7 minutes. 

Hey we are not paying them overtime too !!

There was lots of stopped time at scrums , goal kicks and at the re-starts also there were a few injuries to tend too as well. The timing was bang on.

A win is a win  as they say but I am concerned that we don`t seem to be able to put games to bed once we have an healthy lead.

Our second half performances against Oldham and Workington have seen a dropping off in intensity which may be due to fatigue caused by our players having to step up from League One.Hope the weeks break after Halifax can be used to refresh the players for Batley and the rest.

Results are showing how extremely competitive this league is with both Oldham and Whitehaven causing upsets in recent weeks! Already looks likely we are going to have to beat one or two of the established sides along the way if we are to stay up.

An excellent two wins for the Lions. Apart from the first try, which was very soft, I thought we were brilliant in the first half. Their second try was arguably try of the match! Awesome rugby.

We need to kick on and snatch a win (if not a few wins) against the top teams in the league. Let's start next week at Halifax...

I'm a little worried with our second half performances. From what I can remember I don't think we've won a second half yet. A big first half was good enough to win against Oldham (24-0) and Town (20-10) but we suffered against others, Haven, Sheffield (cup) and London etc. I know they're the better teams in the league but they're chances we need to be turning into points.

We're not going to win every week but I love the enthusiasm and desire shown by the lads. They never drop their heads and always fight until the end, that will win us points and I'm sure we'll cause a few upsets very soon.

I also quite enjoy the "we should be beating teams like Swinton" comments you get from some opposition fans. It serves as wonderful motivation to turn the last two wins into "doubles" for the season, keep it coming.

Archived