what is going on,888888888?

I like to think of myself as an avid follower of the game but, i'm confused.

right,

sl top 8 keep their points and have a league, then a play off to win the cup

mid 8 have a league don't keep points then 4'th and 5'th have a play off to win the 4th spot and join/rejoin sl

after that i don't know what is happening i have tried, but....

i would love an explanation rather than a debate on it's worth though.

sl top 8 keep their points and have a league, then a play off to win the cup

mid 8 have a league don't keep points then 4'th and 5'th have a play off to win the 4th spot and join/rejoin sl

after that i don't know what is happening i have tried, but....

i would love an explanation rather than a debate on it's worth though.

So what would you have preferred in the 8's? The SL and Championship clubs all keeping their points? The playing field is level. 

The top 8's keep their points as the winner gets the LLS. The super and middle 8's make sense to me, not really looked beneath that.

If the OP means what happens in the bottom 8 then the top 4 in that league have semis and a final for the Championship Shield and £50k. The bottom 2 are relegated to C1.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

There are plenty of places that provide this information, such as http://www.rugby-league.com/super-eights and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_Super_8s

Not sure what you mean by posting a large string of 8's but it really is not all that complicated.

i've had a look at the wiki page, lots of 8's there.

thanks though i hadn't thought of wiki for some reason.

it is bloody complicated:

League 1 Super 8s[edit]
Main article: League 1 (rugby league)

The top eight teams in League 1 play each other once more, with the top four teams having four home fixtures and the bottom four having three. Teams who finish the Super 8s in the top two will play in the Promotion Final. The winner will be promoted and the loser will play 5th in the Playoffs.

Position Qualification 1 Promotion Playoff 2 Promotion Playoff 3 Playoff 4 Playoff 5 Playoff 6 Season Complete 7 Season Complete 8 Season Complete Play Offs[edit]
Main article: League 1 Play-offs

The playoffs are split into 2:

• Promotion Final
1st v 2nd The winner gains promotion to the Championship and the loser then plays 5th 2nd v 5th 3rd v 4th
  • Playoff Final
The winners of the last 2 playoff games play in the Playoff Final where one team will be promoted. 2nd v 5th Winner V 3rd v 4th Winner  

i've had a look at the wiki page, lots of 8's there.

thanks though i hadn't thought of wiki for some reason.

it is bloody complicated:

League 1 Super 8s[edit]
Main article: League 1 (rugby league)

The top eight teams in League 1 play each other once more, with the top four teams having four home fixtures and the bottom four having three. Teams who finish the Super 8s in the top two will play in the Promotion Final. The winner will be promoted and the loser will play 5th in the Playoffs.

Position Qualification 1 Promotion Playoff 2 Promotion Playoff 3 Playoff 4 Playoff 5 Playoff 6 Season Complete 7 Season Complete 8 Season Complete Play Offs[edit]
Main article: League 1 Play-offs

The playoffs are split into 2:

• Promotion Final
1st v 2nd The winner gains promotion to the Championship and the loser then plays 5th 2nd v 5th 3rd v 4th
  • Playoff Final
The winners of the last 2 playoff games play in the Playoff Final where one team will be promoted. 2nd v 5th Winner V 3rd v 4th Winner  

It's just the same as it was before, except the leagues split into clusters of 8 after the home and away season and it goes from there. The Middle 8's (Qualifiers) are the only ones where the points are reset because obviously it has teams from two different divisions and it would be impossible to carry points over from that.

It's not quite the same as last year, because this year C1 has 8s as well, except one of the 8s was a 7 and depending on what happens with York, the other one might be too.

We go from 12-12-15 to 8-8-8-8-7.

Are you 2 trying to make my head spin more?

i should prob clarify my question, erm. 

super league next year will be this year's super 8 plus the top 3 of the middle 8's and the winner of the mpg. 

next years championship will be the loser of the mpg and the bottom 3 of the middle 8's.

then what?

my 88888 was childish, but everything seems to be super 8's.

super league next year will be this year's super 8 plus the top 3 of the middle 8's and the winner of the mpg. 

next years championship will be the loser of the mpg and the bottom 3 of the middle 8's.

then what?

Championship is the loser of the mpg and the bottom 3 of the middle 8s, plus the top 6 of the championship 8 (bottom 8 league), and the 2 teams that get promoted from league 1

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

then what?

my 88888 was childish, but everything seems to be super 8's.

Then the rest of the teams that are currently in the Championship, apart from the bottom 2 who will be relegated and replaced by the two promoted teams from League 1.

It literally is exactly the same as in previous years, the only difference is that the teams are split into groups of 8 for the final 7 matches of the regular season. The fact that the leagues are split into groups of 8 mid way through doesn't change the way promotion and relegation happens apart from between Super League and the Championship.

Archived