WOW, first three matches sorted

RogerT

Cannot for the life of me understand why these fixtures warrant a sarcastic comment such as " money spinners"!

Boxing day is same every year & Bash is out of our hands but a derby! So Keighley will not generate large amounts of cash but often these games dont even when play SL Clubs. We are trying to sort a date for a friendly with Cas but no game is a money spinner unless people come to watch and should not expect away support to boost our coffers. Whatever the position cannot see any point in being sarcastic but so be it. Suppose we are short of topics to discuss at this time of year so at least its a comment even if not positive really.

Like any club, pre-season fixtures only really excite if it's a big club or a local clash.  It would be nice to see a game against Leeds, Castleford or Wakefield, or even a team from further afield like Warrington or Wigan, but at the end of the day they do generally draw poor attendances no matter who's in town, so I kind of see the chairman's point here.

Come on Kevin get yer finger out. We've played Leeds, Salford, Huddersfield & Hull KR and now we've tasted the high life we want more. Can't we offer Cronulla & Brisbane World Club Warm up friendlies. Get the wind turbines on overtime for the floodlights.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

As the originator of this topic, I must answer, I didn't intend it to turn into a sarcastic topic just pointing out things are happening.

Kevin is right in the fact almost all friendlies do not raise, but used as a run out for the team of which I am glad.

Cheers Roger.

Fev always travel well and should be a proper competitive game even though it's a friendly. DR connections with Cas do make them an obvious SL choice as suggested. Positive for the Keighley game being it's at home, but not an eye catching clash af all imo.

Most SL clubs, especially their coaches, are very picky about pre-season games, especially away from home. I'm sure that your club have been trying as hard as any others to get suitably attractive opponents and, as KN says, it costs money.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As the originator of this topic, I must answer, I didn't intend it to turn into a sarcastic topic just pointing out things are happening.

Cheers Roger.

Yep..you started it...you should have kept cruising till boxing day...like you promised...ttt

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

As long as the gates are reduced and the opposition arent gash im all for the players gelling and getting some game time. Probably another heavy woolen select fixture via maunorhenio

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived