The Photography Thread

Well done! Can you post it here?

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Taken early morning on the way to work. Nearly froze my hands off in the 15 or so minutes I was up there taking a selection of shots.

8638421340_a853afb0ef_c.jpg

Ovenden Moor 128 by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8647441885_a994621933_c.jpg
Old Town Mill by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

8647441885_a994621933_c.jpg

Old Town Mill by 77gazza, on Flickr

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Cheers. I'm slowly getting to know my way around Photoshop for basic editing, not that I've tweaked that one very much. This one however is very much more about experimentation.

8649820364_07895fdffa_c.jpg

Hebden Bridge_0030 by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

The old pan tilt model village trickery.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Edited by Padge

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.

It's nearly as predictable as Eurovision Song Contest.

Scenic picture of Cornwall/Devon/Yorkshire (moors)? Ah, another winner.

If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.

If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.

What a baby!!

this month, scene from the Dorset Coast is winning

Last month, a pic of some shadows taken by my missus won

the month before that a picture of a motorway won

the month before that a picture of Father Christmas in London won

No Cornwall, No Devon, No Moors and no Holmfirth

you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about something and you're beginning to look like a spoilt baby

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!

nice one i will look forward to seeing some great pics.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

What a bag o ####

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

I subscribe to PP so I decide to sign up, as with yourself a bit of a refresher and something to force me to pick up the camera more often than I have been doing recently.

Oh grow up, what is your problem?

Dorset/Devon whatever

Shadows taken in Yorkshite?

Motorway M62 in Yorkshite?

Where people live? Brimham Rocks which you thought should win this month is where? I really can't see any conspiracy here.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Camera School

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

8655171027_35883265ff_c.jpg

Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

NIce shot.

PP usually has a subscription offer most months, this month its a free 5 in 1 reflector.

IMG_0025.jpg

Really pleased with this one, considering it was with a cheap point and shoot. Grainy I know but i just like the lighting

Nice

Would look awesome in black n white

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Really pleased with this one, considering it was with a cheap point and shoot. Grainy I know but i just like the lighting

Try a mono conversion.

Nice

Would look awesome in black n white

Beat me to it by milliseconds.

Edited by Padge

The lighting is good on it. The grain gives it a similar effect to the one I posted a little earlier imo, makes it a hint of being a painting.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb