Demise of the cru

rossco123

I've watched the cru in 99% of their home games since their inception a few years ago,I can't help but feel we won't have a team very much longer. I was mad for the sport but my optimism is waning massively this year, we seem to get know where attracting crowds even the ones we do get are mostly the wrong side of fifty so no continuity in future. No youth no future is blatantly clear.the. players continue to do their best but must be getting fed up by now with how much the side changes all the time.just my view I hope I'm wrong

So sad to read,I've always had a massive soft spot for Crusaders.Its so sad when you read about the unfortunate situations of some clubs. Regarding the age of supporters, I think the we at Oldham have a bit of a problem in that regard.Not as many young faces as you'd like considering they are the future. I hope that things do pick up for Crusaders,I hope the people of North Wales realize what a good sport rugby league is.All the best for the future for Crusaders and their amazing fans.Keep the faith.

So Sorry to read that.This forum used to be full of proud Welsh rugby league fans.Full of conversation and various views. It seems to have died a death.I hope it picks up again in the future. How are the attendances at crusaders games these days,you used to bring a load of fans to Oldham. I used to really look forward to North Wales coming to town. Great fans,great banter.

So Sorry to read that.This forum used to be full of proud Welsh rugby league fans.Full of conversation and various views. It seems to have died a death.I hope it picks up again in the future. How are the attendances at crusaders games these days,you used to bring a load of fans to Oldham. I used to really look forward to North Wales coming to town. Great fans,great banter.

Hi MR

Last 'home' games at Chester RUFC have resulted in less than 300 turning up. In our 2013 season we averaged 945 for the season so you can see we've lost 2/3rds of our Support. I know people love to watch a winning team and there will be a fall of in lean times but its really disappointing that fans have deserted in such numbers.

The reason?  A bent CEO?  Promised made and not kept?  4 different formats for the 4 years we've been in the Champoinship/League 1 doesn't help sell season tickets, neither does having to move from the Racecourse at the height of the season for the last 3 years.

The Club has overspent and is now in 'austerity' mode and has to spend withinits means; the less people attend the tighter the belt will be squeezed.

Its a sad state of affairs.

I'm really gutted for you all,it sickens me when fans desert their club when the going gets tough(fair weather fans).A fan should back his/her club through thick and thin,that's a fan!.Can't they see that if they don't attend then their might not be a club to support. Your a fantastic club with great fans and we at Oldham I'm sure are all routing for you to turn the corner and get back to the winning ways.A bent CEO with promises made and not kept is a great shame.All the very for what remains of the season and I hope that the fans come back again. It's a great club,can't get my head around it. :-(

I'm really gutted for you all,it sickens me when fans desert their club when the going gets tough(fair weather fans).A fan should back his/her club through thick and thin,that's a fan!.Can't they see that if they don't attend then their might not be a club to support. Your a fantastic club with great fans and we at Oldham I'm sure are all routing for you to turn the corner and get back to the winning ways.A bent CEO with promises made and not kept is a great shame.All the very for what remains of the season and I hope that the fans come back again. It's a great club,can't get my head around it. :-(

Hopefully enough of us to get the club through these dark times and out the other side in good health. I'm naturally an optimist so I'm hoping the 300 or so fans that we have at the moment are the ones who'll be there through thick and thin and will pull together to ensure we have rugby league in North Wales for the foreseeable future.

Optimism, a quality needed in times of struggle. I'm sure crusaders will weather the Stormy weather and emerge stronger.As the saying goes"if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger ".Us rugby folk are a tough lot,I'm sure the club will be OK.All pulling in the same direction you'll be fine.

Anthony Murray stepped down?

Yes - he confirmed that yesterday and Alex Thomson is going too. Our Genereal Manager has handed his notice in today also. Its not looking good.

The Club also cancelled a proposed Fans Forum that was supposed to happen after the game - so we have no coach, no confirmed playing venue, no General Manager and players are looking elsewhere.

Its ok Attracting new owners tto the club and new investors but what do the owners actually own and how long until the new investors get fed up with losing money. Crusaders need home gates of 900 plus to keep going properly , how,much fun could it have been to follow south wales over the years, owners coming and going and a new home every year and attendances under 300. I love the cru but there comes a time to put an ill animal to sleep for everyone concerned.

Its ok Attracting new owners tto the club and new investors but what do the owners actually own and how long until the new investors get fed up with losing money. Crusaders need home gates of 900 plus to keep going properly , how,much fun could it have been to follow south wales over the years, owners coming and going and a new home every year and attendances under 300. I love the cru but there comes a time to put an ill animal to sleep for everyone concerned.

id suggest attracting new investment is the single most difficult thing to do so if someone is looking to invest it would suggest all is not lost and a brighter future ahead for nw and indeed the sport in north wales

the small town heartlands clubs operating at our level are pretty much dead and buried with no real certainty or potential but for me the potential of nw in what is an expansion seeking sport is huge if the right people  with deep pockets are willing to back us

rumours saturday talks with new owners / investors. maybe light at the end of tunnel

That the problem at the moment - we have an information void, and that is being filled by rumour and speculation. The Club had an opportunity on Saturday to hold a Fans Forum - something I have been pushing for for months - only to be told it wont happen because weve not yet heard from WST about the potential cost of the Racecourse for 2017.

So the chance to engage with fans, give out some information about where the club is heading was missed - and there's absolutely nothing on the club website apart from the news that Anthony Murray and his assistant are leaving.

For years the Supporters Club has advised the board that communication is key -keep the fans informed so that rumours and speculation dont spread.

It seems our advice has fallen on deaf ears.

Total speculation but I've heard there are 3 new owners looking to take the Club on.

Also heard that the Racecourse is a no-no -  far to costly for Crusaders given their current level of support so we will be at the Queensway from now on.

Archived