Bulldogs on sky again!

bulldog4ever

Bulldogs v Catalans Dragons in The Ladbrokes Challenge Cup R6 will be played Friday 6th May at 8pm....Live on Sky Sports!

I take it cup games are shared gate money...what payout will Batley receive from Sky... and is that payout shared too ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Even more impetuous to give it our all now. Suprised. Do sky know something we dont

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Don't know if it's a good thing financially or not to be the TV game, but with the greatest of respect to you guys I would have thought Oldham-Warrington was a more attractive proposition............especially after Oldham's heroics at HKR.

But, on the plus side, it IS more exposure for you and that can't be a bad thing............. Hope you go well on the night and get an attendance your team deserves.

I take it cup games are shared gate money...what payout will Batley receive from Sky... and is that payout shared too ?

A good question. The financing of these televised games does seem to be rather opaque.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Can't say I'm over the moon about this; the last round was a good game for Sky as it pitted 2 very similar strength sides and produced a competitive game, and the 'localish' aspect of it meant that Fev fans could get here to lift the crowd figures a bit. Catalans will bring 50/100, added to our homecrowd of say 500/600, so we're relying on other fans from the local area i.e. Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds etc to possibly come along and help swell the crowd. 3 miles away the Rams are at home to Wigan, and they usually play their cup games on a Friday night also, so if they keep to it there'll be no Rams fans coming for a look see.There will also be a number of Batley fans, me included, who are shift workers and happen to be working that night. As I understand it, cup games are shared gate, so with regard to the number of Catalans fans likely to show up, that's not going to be much use to either side. There will also be Batley fans, me included who are on shift work I wonder if they've put us on a second consecutive time because they didn't see us crash and burn v Fev and are expecting us to this time, which would be totally unfair. Even in our wildest dreams I can't hand on heart seeing us putting one over on them. There are a good number of more even, mouth watering games which could have been chosen instead. Also, Catalans can travel at their leisure, even a day or 2 early and find training facilities, whilst our lads will have worked all week, trained late into the evenings and then have to rock up ready on TV after clocking off at around 4p.m. Hope most of them can get the day off on matchday. The RFL and Sky don't come out of this well in my opinion, it's a stupid decision.

i think it was mentioned down in London that we were getting £8000 for last tv game from sky . Since Rams are playing sunday should be only game on friday night so chance of getting floating supporters and don't think it will make a difference to how many catalan bring over whether it be fri sat or sun. Gives our club chance to shine on tv and if we put up a good showing may entice back the stay aways and wouldn't write us off yet. When we played the giants 2 seasons ago they were flying in 2nd or 3rd in SL and we gave them a mighty shock

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

They might underestimate us?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I believe the clubs have to pay for the erection of the scaffolding for the sky pundits.They have to pay a Sky contracted firm direct for this, at a cost of approx ????. All comes off the bottom line.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

To me the Sky cameras have turned a  shocking  draw into a positive one financially - If we do get some cash for them being there.

We need as many supporters there as we can.

Hopefully the club will be offering the some incentive to get to the numbers to the  game.

If we get the support there..who knows what can happen. It will be a massive ask but I am sure the Players will not let us down on the night.

i think it was mentioned down in London that we were getting £8000 for last tv game from sky . Since Rams are playing sunday should be only game on friday night so chance of getting floating supporters and don't think it will make a difference to how many catalan bring over whether it be fri sat or sun. Gives our club chance to shine on tv and if we put up a good showing may entice back the stay aways and wouldn't write us off yet. When we played the giants 2 seasons ago they were flying in 2nd or 3rd in SL and we gave them a mighty shock

Giants were top when we played em and won league that season , season after we played Cas and they were top too

IMG_0583.JPG

Can't say I'm over the moon about this; the last round was a good game for Sky as it pitted 2 very similar strength sides and produced a competitive game, and the 'localish' aspect of it meant that Fev fans could get here to lift the crowd figures a bit. Catalans will bring 50/100, added to our homecrowd of say 500/600, so we're relying on other fans from the local area i.e. Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds etc to possibly come along and help swell the crowd. 3 miles away the Rams are at home to Wigan, and they usually play their cup games on a Friday night also, so if they keep to it there'll be no Rams fans coming for a look see.There will also be a number of Batley fans, me included, who are shift workers and happen to be working that night. As I understand it, cup games are shared gate, so with regard to the number of Catalans fans likely to show up, that's not going to be much use to either side. There will also be Batley fans, me included who are on shift work I wonder if they've put us on a second consecutive time because they didn't see us crash and burn v Fev and are expecting us to this time, which would be totally unfair. Even in our wildest dreams I can't hand on heart seeing us putting one over on them. There are a good number of more even, mouth watering games which could have been chosen instead. Also, Catalans can travel at their leisure, even a day or 2 early and find training facilities, whilst our lads will have worked all week, trained late into the evenings and then have to rock up ready on TV after clocking off at around 4p.m. Hope most of them can get the day off on matchday. The RFL and Sky don't come out of this well in my opinion, it's a stupid decision.

we will actually be getting money from this sky fixture so will not be a loss it will be again. Imo of course, and we always seem to up our game on tv.

A good opportunity to perform in a one off showpiece, with the hype of Sky behind this fixture asking 'can John Kear perform another Challenge Cup miracle?' . JK also being wired up by mic for the viewing public to hear his comments throughout the game. A good profile for the Club and its sponsors , who are getting good value for money exposure this season for a third TV outing (including the Rugby AM Bulls game feature).

A good opportunity to perform in a one off showpiece, with the hype of Sky behind this fixture asking 'can John Kear perform another Challenge Cup miracle?' . JK also being wired up by mic for the viewing public to hear his comments throughout the game. A good profile for the Club and its sponsors , who are getting good value for money exposure this season for a third TV outing (including the Rugby AM Bulls game feature).

Can I just pick up on the bit about sponsors. Just spare a thought for businesses that have signage boards around the pitch .Approx half are covered up by the Ladbrokes boards.Just look around on Friday as I did at the Fev game.Part of the selling pitch .....TV exposure....perhaps???

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I believe the clubs have to pay for the erection of the scaffolding for the sky pundits.They have to pay a Sky contracted firm direct for this, at a cost of approx ????. All comes off the bottom line.

I think we pay approx £3k for the scaffolding Colin.

Archived