Jamie Field

Fev08

Just watching the build up to the wales - scotland game and see that Jamie is part of The Wales backroom staff, didnt know this. So now we have Field/Divorty on the Welsh side and Steel and Morrison for the Scots, think ill remain neutral.

Just watching the build up to the wales - scotland game and see that Jamie is part of The Wales backroom staff, didnt know this. So now we have Field/Divorty on the Welsh side and Steel and Morrison for the Scots, think ill remain neutral.

Neutrality is probably the best option as none of them are actually blummin' welsh or scottish anyway! I find it ridiculous that because you once had a pint of guinness or bowl of leek soup or bought a Proclaimers record or had a pint of Castlemaine XXX or wore one of those tartan hat/ginger wig things whilst on holiday in Benidorm you can represent a country you aren't even from. Ask Henry Paul - he's played for both New Zealand AND England (perhaps he is both a fan of Crowded House AND laments the loss of the late Princess Diana).

Rant over!

Now whare's that bottle of Carlsberg Export? I'm not good enough to play for MY country but apparently the Danes are a bit shorthanded and Tony Cascarino can't find his dodgy passport...

Neutrality is probably the best option as none of them are actually blummin' welsh or scottish anyway! I find it ridiculous that because you once had a pint of guinness or bowl of leek soup or bought a Proclaimers record or had a pint of Castlemaine XXX or wore one of those tartan hat/ginger wig things whilst on holiday in Benidorm you can represent a country you aren't even from. Ask Henry Paul - he's played for both New Zealand AND England (perhaps he is both a fan of Crowded House AND laments the loss of the late Princess Diana).

Rant over!

Now whare's that bottle of Carlsberg Export? I'm not good enough to play for MY country but apparently the Danes are a bit shorthanded and Tony Cascarino can't find his dodgy passport...

Oh...hang on...after some brief nothing better to do research I can confirm that SOME of the Welsh team may actually be Welsh.

Does anyone think that rugby league demeans itself by playing players who arent from that particularly country and played in front of half interested fans. Ive never been a fan of expansion until you get your own house in order i.e ...ailing traditional clubs.Now we've invented a Welsh club called just simply the Welsh crusaders. What identity is that? Its like me following The Yorkshire crusaders and expected to have the same interest in the club as I have with Fev. Its the same with the internationals , how many scots will identify with that team.The players chosen wll always give their all but to be honest I don't think the fans do.

Let's not get TOO excited here. It is only SOME of them I'm afraid. The rest qualify by accidentaly finding that S4C channel whilst flicking through the channels on SKY.

Theres some good players in that Wales squad, Kear & that stand off look good prospects, and that lad at Warrington.

Cummins Out.

ive just reared a sheep and am in line for my welsh debut next weekend, all congratulations messages to my inbox please :).

what do you mean by reared ?? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

In my own opinion here, I feel very strongly that once you have chosen a nationality, even if it is because your best mates neighbors dog came from wales, you should forever more play only for that country. To swap and play for wales and ireland for example is another reason why other sports take the mickey out of us. I mean... I would feel a rate tatey running on the pitch playing for ireland when id played for wales beforehand!

UP THE ROVERS!

In my own opinion here, I feel very strongly that once you have chosen a nationality, even if it is because your best mates neighbors dog came from wales, you should forever more play only for that country. To swap and play for wales and ireland for example is another reason why other sports take the mickey out of us. I mean... I would feel a rate tatey running on the pitch playing for ireland when id played for wales beforehand!

You could play for Wales first half and Ireland second half :huh:

It would go down in history if you broke free, got within 10 of the try line, tackled yourself (legally of course!), stole the ball (again, from yourself) and then did the length of the field to score the winning points. :blink:

Simples :wacko:

Must go now, my tablets are wearing off!!!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Why? what's the charge?

Making a 'sheep joke' on a public place? Mentioning Castlemaine XXXX in an urban conurbation?

I'll have to check the rules to check if XXXX is acceptable

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Where are the moderators at this point?.

Double entoundre (spelling) me thinks.

At work at this point.

Edited by Maureen T-k

Im Fev and im proud

Other sports have no need to take the mickey because it happens in nearly every sport, i dont agree with it but it is far from just a rugby league problem. there was uproar in Scotland a few months back when an ex England U21 footballer decided to change his alligence to Scotland, now that is barmy

Your right suggy it does happen in other sports. Kev Petersen is South African, as was Tony Greg and Mike Denness was Scottish - all England cricket captains.

There are examples in rugby - of both codes - Henry Paul, Steve Hampson are two that spring to mind, tho the absurdity of Les Vaiknakolo playing for England had me scratching my head!

However, they tend to be isolated individual cases and as such the team is still identified as the "nations team" as the overwhelming majority of the squad comes from that nation.

As you know Suggy, I spend a lot of time in Scotland. My pals in Scotland, who don't mind watching league and never bought into the historical union v league thing. They have no axe to grind and find the very notion of the "scottish" RL team laughable. They regard the team as an English team and nothing more and regard it as an afront to scots everywhere that the RL want to surplant (is this a word??) a rugby team made up of Englishmen who's mams enjoy a drop of famous grouse on a saturday night onto a pitch in Scotland jerseys and call it Scotland RL!!! They have nor seek any identity with that team as the nations team. Moreover, they hold the whole concept of the Scottish RL team up for ridicule because the whole team is alien to them as Scots!

This is a common opinion of those friends I know in Glasgow and Lanark.

The rugby fans I've met and spoken with in the Borders (who I don't know) speak of the concept of a Scottish RL team with delerium!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Your right suggy it does happen in other sports. Kev Petersen is South African, as was Tony Greg and Mike Denness was Scottish - all England cricket captains.

There are examples in rugby - of both codes - Henry Paul, Steve Hampson are two that spring to mind, tho the absurdity of Les Vaiknakolo playing for England had me scratching my head!

However, they tend to be isolated individual cases and as such the team is still identified as the "nations team" as the overwhelming majority of the squad comes from that nation.

As you know Suggy, I spend a lot of time in Scotland. My pals in Scotland, who don't mind watching league and never bought into the historical union v league thing. They have no axe to grind and find the very notion of the "scottish" RL team laughable. They regard the team as an English team and nothing more and regard it as an afront to scots everywhere that the RL want to surplant (is this a word??) a rugby team made up of Englishmen who's mams enjoy a drop of famous grouse on a saturday night onto a pitch in Scotland jerseys and call it Scotland RL!!! They have nor seek any identity with that team as the nations team. Moreover, they hold the whole concept of the Scottish RL team up for ridicule because the whole team is alien to them as Scots!

The rugby fans I've met and spoken with in the Borders (who I don't know) speak of the concept of a Scottish RL team with delerium!

Out of interest, where does the Irish and Scottish RL national sides train? In the respective countries?

UP THE ROVERS!

Not disagreeing with you for once, and im totally against it BUT the rules on eligability for international rugby league im sure are no different than any other sports, even football. In fact thinking about this at 3.15 am some way through a mind numbing neeeeet shift i reckon the Scottish RL players eligability is much more acceptable than the cricketers you named. I am sure the Scottish RL players will qualify on parent / grandparent rules. but Peterson and some more i can think of Devon Malcolm and Graeme Hick only qualified for England because they had been in the country a length of time. Another example i will give as my sleep deprived brain really starts to click into reserve cells. Zola budd " what the helll was that all about" she was if i remember a sauth ifrican and because they wernt allowed in the olympics she was granted residency in a matter of days and represented GB at the olympics and tripped up the favourite Mary Decker in the race to boot. Now that really was a farce so other sports have no need to mock RL because there are good examples of this in nearly all sports.

where RL does deserve to be mocked is the Franchise rubbish, my son who is 12 asked me what it was all about the other day, when i explained he said to me "dad there turning it into a right laughing stock arnt they" yes hes 12 years old

Not disagreeing with you for once, and im totally against it BUT the rules on eligability for international rugby league im sure are no different than any other sports, even football. In fact thinking about this at 3.15 am some way through a mind numbing neeeeet shift i reckon the Scottish RL players eligability is much more acceptable than the cricketers you named. I am sure the Scottish RL players will qualify on parent / grandparent rules. but Peterson and some more i can think of Devon Malcolm and Graeme Hick only qualified for England because they had been in the country a length of time. Another example i will give as my sleep deprived brain really starts to click into reserve cells. Zola budd " what the helll was that all about" she was if i remember a sauth ifrican and because they wernt allowed in the olympics she was granted residency in a matter of days and represented GB at the olympics and tripped up the favourite Mary Decker in the race to boot. Now that really was a farce so other sports have no need to mock RL because there are good examples of this in nearly all sports.

where RL does deserve to be mocked is the Franchise rubbish, my son who is 12 asked me what it was all about the other day, when i explained he said to me "dad there turning it into a right laughing stock arnt they" yes hes 12 years old

Kevin Pietersen's mother is English

ive just reared a sheep and am in line for my welsh debut next weekend, all congratulations messages to my inbox please :).

just an intresting thought my sister & brother in law both english lived in germany for a couple of years & their eldest daughter was born there .if she had been a sports woman whch country would she eligible to represent.

colin nick

mr colin nicholson

Kevin Pietersen's mother is English

Ok theres one that would qualify, iv no problem with the ancestory rule, after all it got the Republic of Ireland to the world cup 1/4 finals, its the residency one especially where you can switch countries. Thats were i reckon it becomes farcical, like Danny Brough switching from Scotland to England

Ok theres one that would qualify, iv no problem with the ancestory rule, after all it got the Republic of Ireland to the world cup 1/4 finals, its the residency one especially where you can switch countries. Thats were i reckon it becomes farcical, like Danny Brough switching from Scotland to England

Fake passports played a part too!