Sheffield sell-off

phildog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't sammut play a couple of games at fev when he was farmed out to wakefield robin??

he did indeed.

I remember us playing worky at fev. It was fev v sammut. He virtually took us on on his own that game

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

If it isnt broken dont fix it . Walker dom and cain done great this year. Maybe another foward to replace keegan and couple.of centers and a pacy winger . Then ide be very happy chappie

I reckon that same thought process is what cost Halifax another top 4 spot this season. They essentially went with the same squad as last season, however we strengthened significantly and replaced them. It's a pretty safe bet to say Toulouse will be strong, as will Fev, Bradford, London and the relegated Super League side so we can't afford to stand still. We need to improve the squad if we want to finish in the top 4 again.

I liked the look of both of Whitehaven's halfbacks from what I saw of them too, especially Ayie (sp?) He looked really sharp, maybe he could be persuaded to venture south?

I reckon that same thought process is what cost Halifax another top 4 spot this season. They essentially went with the same squad as last season, however we strengthened significantly and replaced them. It's a pretty safe bet to say Toulouse will be strong, as will Fev, Bradford, London and the relegated Super League side so we can't afford to stand still. We need to improve the squad if we want to finish in the top 4 again.

I liked the look of both of Whitehaven's halfbacks from what I saw of them too, especially Ayie (sp?) He looked really sharp, maybe he could be persuaded to venture south?

Toulouse aren't promoted yet having lost to Rochdale on saturday and now have to play in the play offs with York, Donny and Barrow for the remaining promotion place... but they should win that and good news that will be going to watch the doggies in Toulouse, Flybe have just launched a daily service from Birmingham airport  to Toulouse and can get tickets from £29.99 ew so advice is once fixtures come out for next season book as soon as to get the cheap deals :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

He didn't say not improve the squad. Just improve in our weakest areas.

Apologies if my previous post read as a barbed comment, it wasn't my intention. I just hope we don't go in to next season with the attitude of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and we go in to next season without really improving the squad, just replacing the players who have left. I honestly think next year will be even tougher than this season. We will have the added pressure of the weight of expectation to do well next year, something we really didn't have to face this season.

I'm really pleased we have signed the majority of the squad on again, the stability of a settled side will no doubt help us, but I hope we bring in some genuine quality too, to compliment what we have and take us to the next level.

I'm totally confused: Toulouse are still about 4 points clear at the top of championship 1 yet they lose a game and the team that beats them gets promoted. I must be missing something here.

I'm totally confused: Toulouse are still about 4 points clear at the top of championship 1 yet they lose a game and the team that beats them gets promoted. I must be missing something here.

A team in SL could finish top of the table by a mile and win all their playoff games easily but if they lose in the Grand Final the opposition are the Champions.

Same applies to Toulouse except they at least get a 2nd chance as 2 teams go up.

The top 2 teams played off for the promotion place , loser then joins 3rd , 4th n 5th team in a semi then final , winner of this final takes 2nd promotion place , simples

IMG_0583.JPG

Absolutely mind-boggling stuff....

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

According to League Express Eorl Crabtree will be leaving the Giants at the end of the season.  Could he be a replacement for Keegan and also undertake some community work which I believe Craig Lingard did?

Linners is still working for our sporting trust next season , he was interviewed on radio leeds yesterday

IMG_0583.JPG

Re Sammut; he's not going back to SL, and it's highly unlikely he'll stay with Worky, that much I believe can be taken as read. So, unless whichever of the SL teams coming down signs him, then we're in the top 2 remaining championship sides. To remain there we need to strengthen regardless of who has re-signed, and Sammut would definite strengthen and in my.opinion improve us. You seriously believe that we shouldn't even consider talking to the bloke? Especially with the Disken/Bradford connection there just as much as Dewsbury fancying him because he lives near Glenn Morrison. To not talk to him, in view of the league position/financial windfall, would in my opinion be a criminal waste of opportunity. Walker is no longer quick enough as a 6 to race around the field, Southy still has lots to learn, so a phone call at least is the least effort the club could put in.

Every mercenary after a quick buck has been attracted to Featherstone like moths like a light bulb

Fools and their money

Soon become fools have no money

They'll be sniffing around batley too with their windfall

Think kevins a bit more savvy

Than to squander it on here today,gone tomorrow players

Or I'd like to think he is :)

Dogfather's right, everybody else will bring in new blood in their fight for that top 4 spot so we have to as well to cement our place. Any bid for a class player should be welcomed, successful or not.

Never in a million years could I see us getting into a bidding war with fev fax or london.

Agents must hate it dealing with us. You either want a season at the mount fot reasonable money

Or haggle and hold out for crispy notes to shuffle

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Toulouse aren't promoted yet having lost to Rochdale on saturday and now have to play in the play offs with York, Donny and Barrow for the remaining promotion place... but they should win that and good news that will be going to watch the doggies in Toulouse, Flybe have just launched a daily service from Birmingham airport  to Toulouse and can get tickets from £29.99 ew so advice is once fixtures come out for next season book as soon as to get the cheap deals :)

Unless you get them as your first away game (someone has to), then you might find there are no flights at all.

York can't get promoted btw.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry to harp on about Sammut: he hasn't shown himself to be much of a maverick up in Worky, put in a good season and a half for them, playing a few times under pressure of injury to dig them out. He snd Brambani in my opinion could prove a superb pairing.

You will not get near to Sammut for 50K plus half of that again guaranteed in work aside from rugby. Rumour has it that even Fev baulked about paying that sort of money. it does look like Fev are going for it again next year as they recently approached Fax with a fee for one of our ageing half backs.You have to wonder at what point will spending outweigh income for a part time team though in the current set up.

Archived