Awayday Top Performance

The King Of Leon

Got to be said I never saw that coming, after the shocking home performance against Doncaster and the hammering at Barrow I think most Hunslet fans expected another loss today.However the opposite happened, we seem to play far better away from home with a far more expansive game and fully deserved the win today. Danny Ansell had his best game for the club, Jake Normington was awesome and with the 2 best no9,s in the league controlling the ruck we gave York a lesson in taking our chances. To be honest I wish we played away everyweek.

Well good on Danny Ansell having his best game for the club , he's had plenty of bad ones. must have helped him having Danny Thomas playing next to him. 

Got to be said I never saw that coming, after the shocking home performance against Doncaster and the hammering at Barrow I think most Hunslet fans expected another loss today.However the opposite happened, we seem to play far better away from home with a far more expansive game and fully deserved the win today. Danny Ansell had his best game for the club, Jake Normington was awesome and with the 2 best no9,s in the league controlling the ruck we gave York a lesson in taking our chances. To be honest I wish we played away everyweek.

Yes did expect another loss today , your right, It's great  Danny Ansell having his best game for us today King , and as you should know he has had many bad games for us this season. Suppose it helped having Danny Thomas next to him.

Think Danny Ansell as improved recently and his performance yesterday and at Keighley shows just how important it is to have a player whose kicking game can control a game.well done Danny.

Kol you're right about normington,powerful player who has been consistent. Kenga looked big and useful

well played hunslet

didnt expect the win and after first 10mins didnt look good when york scored in corner. but has we witnessed the great kick by ansell with the lucky bounce and ansell took the ball to score.. seemed to change gear then and control the first half

2nd half was a good defense although 2 tries to york  but missed kicks got nervy at times but york decided to get nasty with their no13 who really after the first offense maybe then the ref acted to show card but he didnt. the 2nd time again the ref didnt act. but did have words to say calm down. 

well the no13 took no notice and got his marching orders followed shortly with another yellow card for saxton

the drop goal rounded off a great performance

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

After an enforced absence when I must have missed more games on the bounce than the last 5-6 years put together, I didn't go up the A64 with much confidence yesterday after what I'd been hearing. So yes it was a pleasant surprise to see the team put on a dominant performance which appears to have come somewhat "out of the blue".

And leading the plaudits was Ansell, as we all know he gets some stick sometimes but yesterday he looked class throughout, from chasing down his own kick to give us the lead, through to the drop goal on the final hooter. The new-look right side seems to be clicking with Johnson and Sanderson looking dangerous in the first half, and the forwards, especially Normington and Coventry, always seemed to make good ground. Must make a nice change for Flanagan to come on when we're actually already on top, rather than having to come on and change the face of the game!!

But well done all round, only trouble is, looking at the table and the fixtures left to play it is probably too little too late. It looks like we'll have to beat both Toulouse and Rochdale in the last two fixtures to have any chance of making the top five and a shot at promotion ...  

Brilliant performance and a crackin day out. Big respect to James Ford for his complimentry comments about our support in his after match speach. We dont have many numbers but we dont half make up for it in noise.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Archived