Talk about bad management

I've just been on the Moorends Marauders facebook page, this message was posted on the 5th/February/2016.

To put the record straight
Moorends Rugby Club sent the league a letter of apology on the 14th January for withdrawing from the league.
In the letter we included a promise to pay ALL outstanding money to the league.
This was sent to the Pennine league secretary, the Pennine league chairman and the Pennine fixture secretary
I received a call from Tat saying Mark Roach, Jared Roach and any others that want to play for them had to pay £20 as we had not settled our debts....

The fault is with the Pennine management and not Moorends Rugby League Club
A 2nd letter has been sent to the Pennine Rugby League Secretary asking for a settlement fee

Is there any wonder teams are leaving the Pennine and most seem to be sides from the old Yorkshire league who are not happy with the poor management and shoddy treatment they get.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

You'd have to add a bit more context here. It says the club owes the league money and it's not been paid? Where's the poor management?

I read it as they asked the Pennine league in a letter sent on the 14th/January/2016 (That's 37 days from posting, including today 19/02/2016) to send them an invoice of any money outstanding to the Pennine league.

If you notice the club secretary had the sense to send the letter to the; League secretary, Chairman and fixture secretary and not one of the trio replied, however when Doncaster Toll Bar wanted to sign players on, the Pennine league demanded a £20.00 fee because any debt by the Moorends club had not been settled.

If the Pennine league had acted by sending an Invoice for any money owing by the club, then they wouldn't have been asking for a £20.00 fee weeks after Moorends had asked for a settlement fee.

The fact that 3 members of the committee got a letter and nothing was done but when players wanted to go elsewhere they where soon on the £20.00 fee to play, but I suppose when you get rid of good people and surround yourself with yes sir men you get what you pay for.

Doesn't the saying goes, pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I've just been on the Moorends Marauders facebook page, this message was posted on the 5th/February/2016.

Moorends Rugby Club sent the league a letter of apology on the 14th January for withdrawing from the league.

This was sent to the Pennine league secretary, the Pennine league chairman and the Pennine fixture secretary

I received a call from Tat saying Mark Roach, Jared Roach and any others that want to play for them had to pay £20 as we had not settled our debts....

A 2nd letter has been sent to the Pennine Rugby League Secretary asking for a settlement fee

Is there any wonder teams are leaving the Pennine and most seem to be sides from the old Yorkshire league who are not happy with the poor management and shoddy treatment they get.

It's not just teams leaving but players. Why would they put up with this sort of management

The Yorkshire Men's League seems to have really turned thing round after a disastrous first season and a modest second and third season. It now looks a better prospect than the Pennine League. I don't think the Pennine League helped themselves by allowing off season NCL players to turn out for clubs as those clubs then struggle at the start and end of the season

Afew year ago the pennine was a well run disciplined league then it went to pot.

I watched 1 game where the coach and sec of a club absolutley slaughtered the ref during and after the game 3/4 league officials were present who didnt say a word or took any further action

Gone to pot because a certain person has muscled out good people to bring in their own lap dogs who are not up to the task, instead of being honest and holding their hands up when a mistake is made, they close ranks and penalise the innocent (Failing to have ID cards ready for the start of a season springs to mind).....I suspect a certain person has been given the wink to run the game without competition in the winter by the RFL, not much different from Pol Pot or Saddam.

The Yorkshire Men's League seems to have really turned thing round after a disastrous first season and a modest second and third season. It now looks a better prospect than the Pennine League. I don't think the Pennine League helped themselves by allowing off season NCL players to turn out for clubs as those clubs then struggle at the start and end of the season

Teams from the old Yorkshire league that went to the Pennine because of the better Admin are going summer because BARLA/Pennine wouldn't allow them to start up again in the winter,  the grass wasn't greener

Teams from the old Yorkshire league that went to the Pennine because of the better Admin are going summer because BARLA/Pennine wouldn't allow them to start up again in the winter, the grass wasn't greener

The Bradford teams are starting to move across as well now

Maybe read this and it might expain why you had no response http://www.pennineleague.co.uk/article/14117/important-notice

Let's be honest, it was inevitable and only a matter of time. Teething problems yes but all but the dinosaurs realise summer rugby is the way forward

I think the Hull league will hold out the longest (I wouldn't rule out Dalton trying to join that, still can't believe they'd rather play in Yorkshire than play summer)

I genuinely don't see how the Pennine league can run a premier division next year. West Bowling are going summer and Morley Borough are on last legs leaving three sides. In the Championship Mirfield, King Cross Park and Queensbury are all in the YML leaving West Leeds and Stainland Stags as the only outside bets and even they'd struggle (both were meant to be in the fourth tier last year)

Archived