Nothing to fear

Great win for you boys yesterday - Well done! You can look forward to next week's match with confidence.We competed well with the Bulls in the first half,and were well in touch at half-time,trailing 18=12.This was despite the fact that we were without half a dozen first choice players due to injury or being rested.We conceded in the first set of six after the interval,and that seemed to deflate us.The heat didn't help either,obviously favouring the full-time team.

I didn't think Bradford were anything special,Caro crossed 5 times,but my grandma could have scored some of them. Charnock did nothing,but Chisolm was a handful at times,especially when taking on tiring forwards down the middle.They also looked dangerous when the pivot switched the direction of their attack,a ploy they used regularly.Pitts didn't play and according to some Bulls' fans,he has been their best forward this season.Ferguson started strongly,then faded,and overall,their pack was workmanlike,rather than destructive.Leigh are a far better outfit,and I think their current league position reflects their inconsistency.If Sheffield and Dewsbury can turn them over at Odsal,they are obviously very beatable,Believe me,they will not relish a visit to your place-a cracking ground by the way-and if you keep your heads and self-belief you will do them.I would take you against them at home off a level handicap anytime,and I will be having a few quid on you.

Best of luck,you have nothing to fear.Forget their past reputation,they are no better than you. I will be cheering from afar on Sunday,at Bower Fold.

Clearly this will be the tastiest match of the week possibly tempting some neutrals along. What is the current capacity of POR?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The way the boys have responded to adversity and negativity going back to sheffield has been remarkable composed focused and total self belief was required and they have shown all three in spades  cup final mentality sharp called it and we all know fev,s mentality when it comes to cup final football , lets not get too far ahead of ourselves we still have it all to do but in all honesty we go in to sunday full of confidence with two tough  games behind us and hopefully a clean bill of health its not for me to speculate on how we will play on sunday i will leave that to the coach 

Its a big game for the bulls as well so its all to play for they will bring a solid crowd we really need to pack the place out and give rovers the backing they desearve in terms of season defineing its huge,  win and we stand to make upwards of 300 grand plus anything less and its back to the shield we can perhaps draw confidence from the fact that we now know with  a settled side on the grass we can compete with the best in this division a huge gate will soften the disapointment somewat but still it will be tough to take 

We are slowly building momentum we are at home and we are confident   ONE LAST BIG PUSH BOYS TO GET THE JOB DONE

Clearly this will be the tastiest match of the week possibly tempting some neutrals along. What is the current capacity of POR?

It was recently put at 7250 but it could have been upgraded to 9000 plus with the new development. However whatever it is we had 6300 there comfortably when Bradford visited last season

The way the boys have responded to adversity and negativity going back to sheffield has been remarkable composed focused and total self belief was required and they have shown all three in spades  cup final mentality sharp called it and we all know fev,s mentality when it comes to cup final football , lets not get too far ahead of ourselves we still have it all to do but in all honesty we go in to sunday full of confidence with two tough  games behind us and hopefully a clean bill of health its not for me to speculate on how we will play on sunday i will leave that to the coach 

Its a big game for the bulls as well so its all to play for they will bring a solid crowd we really need to pack the place out and give rovers the backing they desearve in terms of season defineing its huge,  win and we stand to make upwards of 300 grand plus anything less and its back to the shield we can perhaps draw confidence from the fact that we now know with  a settled side on the grass we can compete with the best in this division a huge gate will soften the disapointment somewat but still it will be tough to take 

We are slowly building momentum we are at home and we are confident   ONE LAST BIG PUSH BOYS TO GET THE JOB DONE

Well said.  One big last push.  I'll be delighted to be mullered in all 7 Middle 8 games, we just need to get there.  It will define what kind of team we have next year.

Well said.  One big last push.  I'll be delighted to be mullered in all 7 Middle 8 games, we just need to get there.  It will define what kind of team we have next year.

Exactly it's not about reaching Super league this time around. It's about being one of the best in the championship and build with the added revenue.Its come a bit nerve wracking late but at least we have a chance now.

You'd like to think Leeds will still let us use Baldwinson (except presumably if we made the Middle 8s and played them) given he has played over the 8 game minimum so they could recall him if necessary, though he seems to be out of favour with McDermott and he tweets as if he's 100% a Fev player. Wouldn't really make sense for them to let us use anyone else given the rules.

But if we manage to win on Sunday, I doubt anyone will find MC or JS fretting away in the clubhouse afterwards about who's going to play on the wing in the middle 8s....

Supposing we win against Bradford. We then lose our Leeds players. Any sign of Craven returning? How do you see the team lining up if we progress?

First, and most important steps first! Same for Batley. A win means everything to both our clubs, perhaps even more for Bradford. Once in the 8's, they will take care of themselves.

First, and most important steps first! Same for Batley. A win means everything to both our clubs, perhaps even more for Bradford. Once in the 8's, they will take care of themselves.

I think for Batley its a bonus and they would survive either way pretty comfortably(So if you want to let us in that would be nice). IMO Fev and Bradfords futures largely depend on getting in the 8's. Fev seem to have put all their eggs in one basket going by talk around the game and for Bradford to miss out on the top 4 I would imagine would be a financial disaster for them as their chairman isnt likely to be splashing any cash and they have been getting by with their large crowds which are steadily dropping and will drop even more for them if they miss out. I think it hits Bradford the hardest missing out so a Fev win on Sunday would be nice. If Batley decided not to turn up on Sunday that would be nice too but Im not going to begrudge them their place in the top 4 because they certainly deserve it how consistent they have been.

Supposing we do Colin.... we use our own...

How do you see the line up col?

[/quote

If Craven and Cording are fit Robin. Then as we wont have any Leeds players, except Baldwinson perhaps as follows.

Craven, Cording, Hardman, Channing, Missi, Briggs, Thackerey, Bostock, Ellis, Baldwinson/Griffin, Spears, Davies, Ormondroyd. Bench Cooper,Baldwinson/Griffin, Tagg,Ward.

How do you see it? Lots of rumours about signings before the weekend. None specific mentioned. Do you reckon that Leeds will let us play some DR so long as we are not playing Leeds. Anticipating of course that we beat Bradford which of course has to come first.

Quite^^

Look at the 17 who beat Fax. Subtract Goulding & Mullally and add Craven, Cording, Roche, Blockley.

Baldy would be the only DR who qualifies to play in the 8s. I could see a set up where he could play for Fev but not v Leeds perhaps.

No minimum game qualification this year Mark. Anyone DR'd before the transfer deadline can play for the DR club in the 8s. Play 8 or more games for the DR club and you can play for BOTH your parent and DR clubs. Less than that, it's one or the other.

No minimum game qualification this year Mark. Anyone DR'd before the transfer deadline can play for the DR club in the 8s. Play 8 or more games for the DR club and you can play for BOTH your parent and DR clubs. Less than that, it's one or the other.

Got to have played 3 times to play in the 8s as DR, then have to declare for one club or the other. Play 8 games as DR, then can continue to swap on a week by week basis. Only Baldwinson would meet the latter, but we could potentially have Golding, Lilley, and any others that have done 3 games with us. Whether Leeds would take the risk of not needing them however is another matter.

Edit: that's what you just said.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Got to have played 3 times to play in the 8s as DR, then have to declare for one club or the other. Play 8 games as DR, then can continue to swap on a week by week basis. Only Baldwinson would meet the latter, but we could potentially have Golding, Lilley, and any others that have done 3 games with us. Whether Leeds would take the risk of not needing them however is another matter..

Yep you're correct about 3 games. Didn't scroll far enough down the op rules and they have 2 sections on end of season deadlines!

So to get this clear then. Anybody from Leeds that is a DR player can play for either club of his choosing? So many interpretations which is the right one and can the Leeds players mentioned play in the play off 8's for us. We know we have to beat Bradford firstly but it would be interesting to know who could be in our team if we win.

So to get this clear then. Anybody from Leeds that is a DR player can play for either club of his choosing? So many interpretations which is the right one and can the Leeds players mentioned play in the play off 8's for us. We know we have to beat Bradford firstly but it would be interesting to know who could be in our team if we win.

Not quite. Any player who has played 3 times for us by the end of the weekend can play for either us or Leeds in the next round of 8s, wherever we end up. They have to stick with a single club from that point onwards however, so if they're with us, they're with us for the rest of the season. Only if they've played 8 games for us can they pick and choose on a weekly basis. I'd suspect Leeds would want to keep them all with them for cover for the 8s, however that is just my hunch, not based on any inside knowledge.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Basically....

Baldwinson can play for either club as he has met the 8 game criteria

Lilley has met the minimum 3 games so has the opportunity to declare which club he intends to represent in the 8s format if Leeds allow him to play - if he chooses Leeds thats it, even if he is not getting in their squad during the 8s

I think Handley Mullally Achurch L. Briscoe and Golding need to play one more game for us to meet the same criteria as Lilley

These above are the only Leeds players we can have during the 8s competition

Basically....

Baldwinson can play for either club as he has met the 8 game criteria

Lilley has met the minimum 3 games so has the opportunity to declare which club he intends to represent in the 8s format if Leeds allow him to play - if he chooses Leeds thats it, even if he is not getting in their squad during the 8s

I think Handley Mullally Achurch L. Briscoe and Golding need to play one more game for us to meet the same criteria as Lilley

These above are the only Leeds players we can have during the 8s competition

Achurch Lilley and Handley have all played three games.

Goulding and Mullally could possibly play their third games on Sunday.

Only Luke Briscoe would be short.

Archived