Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

Just thought that there is so much rumour and conjecture on various threads, that it might be worth opening a new thread so we could speculate on just who we would like to see retained ... who we would like to see released and who we would like to see recruited.... 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can all wish ....  but our budget would be blown by Sammut alone ..... I would be happy with Walshaw for a starter ...and  I also like some of the Swinton backs ( probably not Littler though) ... if they go down we should be looking there!!  ... they are quick and we need pace!!

We can all wish ....  but our budget would be blown by Sammut alone ..... I would be happy with Walshaw for a starter ...and  I also like some of the Swinton backs ( probably not Littler though) ... if they go down we should be looking there!!  ... they are quick and we need pace!!

Given they will occupy a similar position in the table as us at the end of the season, and therefore have a similar budget - why would they be interested ? Maybe the Swinton faithful are having the same discussion about our lot as we speak, although to be honest, that would show a distinct lack of ambition,  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think, after Sunday Swinton will survive. They were just about one of the most entertaining sides we played this season, with loads of pace and enterprise. Only problem is that none of them seem able to tackle.

Problem is it can take 2/3 seasons to build a team and I don't think Mr M has that long

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

He would be the ideal replacement for Grady .... and faster, he would actually improve our team!! Sign him up!!!

I've heard we beat you to him but your welcome to Lloyd George ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

retained  

conroy

guzdek 

crookes 

teanby

hale

morton

grady

kain 

sykes

glover

speakman

spicer 

b delaney

brown 

adamsons i know some rumoured to be leaving 

Bit short of big lads!!  I'd like to see Stringer signed up ... and I also think Tonker is worth another season.. especially considering he didn't have a pre season and struggled with fitness this year ... but he has done some good stuff for us this year!

Bit short of big lads!!  I'd like to see Stringer signed up ... and I also think Tonker is worth another season.. especially considering he didn't have a pre season and struggled with fitness this year ... but he has done some good stuff for us this year!

forgot about them 2 i would sign both also

sign 

jarrod sammut?

danny nicklas?

lucas walshaw?

danny williams? 

rhodri lloyd? 

chris annakin? 

steve crossley? 

jonny campbell?

Forget J.S and J.C. ..  but the rest Nicklass , Williams, Lloyd , Walshaw, Annakin and Crossley....   realistic and would be good for   season ticket sales..

I think Crossley is going to Toronto.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Sammut not worth spending most of our money,we need a group of players willing to give all when playing.

Would be interesting if he's still at Town if they are relegated, still got a year on his contract, he must have some kind of clause to get out of it early if Town go down.

Archived