Town V Broncos predictions

town4me

On current form it would have to be Whiteley and Doran??

not sure about that. Attacking wise perry has done more than anyother back row forward this season. Yes his defense still needs work but i think he deserves a place over the likes of mcavoy who offers little in attack.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure about that. Attacking wise perry has done more than anyother back row forward this season. Yes his defense still needs work but i think he deserves a place over the likes of mcavoy who offers little in attack.

It was the defence angle I mean to be honest, he misses quite a few when you watch the videos etc. having said that totally agree he works hard going forward 

Perry deserves his place to be fair. Was head and shoulders above everyone vs sheffield. Maybe him at centre defending next to jarrad could be an option? Mossop on wing, forrester fullback. Give murphy a kick up the jacksie.

As previously said. Finally some problems we DO want.

if you leave liam out for whitely who is going to do the 40plus tackles that liam dose? i dont think it will be whitely.

There are some players who seem to be guaranteed their place regardless of form. Jack Murphy is one of them. At the risk of repetition I believe Sam should have the 1 shirt to finally show why we signed him. Brett Carter embraced the wing role like a natural and I think he has earned the right to stay there. Also believe Liam McAvoy should stay at 13 --- when he hits his straps he'll show us why. 

Mcavoys fitness is a problem, he struggled to get back in the defensive line after 15 minutes last week, and seemed to have a problem last season too. Makes a lot of defensive errors too, missed tackles etc. Hes a quality player and was outstanding in his first season but he should not be a certain starter anymore

Mcavoys fitness is a problem, he struggled to get back in the defensive line after 15 minutes last week, and seemed to have a problem last season too. Makes a lot of defensive errors too, missed tackles etc. Hes a quality player and was outstanding in his first season but he should not be a certain starter anymore

I agree that Liam isn't running on all cylinders yet but he is a whole hearted player who's commitment is unquestionable. Even though he is currently off the pace his defence is better than Perry's. 

[

I watch all aspects of the game, on sunday i would say liam missed 2 tackles at most,and on your point about him struggling back in to the line, it was probably the set when he made 4 tackles out of the5, some of you guys really know how to ###### the lads off./quote]

Think people also forget Liams age? The young lad is mixing it with some seasoned pros. I'd play him in the second row and perry at loose .Your right side has got tortured in all three games and it all coming from the inside

Murphy needs to take more responsibility with the boot . It's showed you are short of length from kicks when doran and Carl kick. Sunday was crying out for a big boot on the fourth and not once did Sharpe get turned around .

So what, we should never question a player now in case we upset them? Should make for a fun forum.

It wasn't the set he made 4 out of 5 by the way.

Hes not a loose forward in my opinion, hes a 2nd row or prop if needed, and like it or not he's not first choice in either of those positions when all are fit. He us definitely worthy of squad place, but not an automatic starter.

I rate Liam highly, in my opinion when on form hes one of the best forwards in this league, and is capable of getting into super league. But we are very strong in the back row and he needs to deserve his place now.

young ritson misses out which is a bit unlucky as the wings arent the problem and any winger on a day like that wouldnt have made a difference ., ok he is the kid of the squad but he didnt miss a tackle in defence ( copied border news highlights and his part in positioning and tackling during their tries was faultless )and the centre second row full back were slack on the line and it seems obvious the opposition are watching dvds and attacking those from dummy half scoots or fast ball 2 v 1's ., the wings just kick the grass in attack and i hope js can go towards putting the ball in their hands sam and tee are real strike threats with ball in hand but i dont think they have had that in the last 3 games ? so heres hoping creativity , direction and speed returns with js .

if you leave liam out for whitely who is going to do the 40plus tackles that liam dose? i dont think it will be whitely.

unfortunately it seems one or the other at present. Liam is the workhorse in the group in defence but dosent offer an offload game or the drive forward but perry makes yards like a prop and in good conditions will score the points. To be honest the best solution might be to shift perry into the backs. Mossop and carter are definate starters for me but i think all the others are there to be reshuffled. Sam at full back with dec on a wing and perry at centre could be worth a shot. Personally think liam is a prop and would be more suited to the roll. I also think karl olstrum is massively unlucky not to be starting games.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

So what, we should never question a player now in case we upset them? Should make for a fun forum.

It wasn't the set he made 4 out of 5 by the way.

Hes not a loose forward in my opinion, hes a 2nd row or prop if needed, and like it or not he's not first choice in either of those positions when all are fit. He us definitely worthy of squad place, but not an automatic starter.

I rate Liam highly, in my opinion when on form hes one of the best forwards in this league, and is capable of getting into super league. But we are very strong in the back row and he needs to deserve his place now.

I'm struggling to digest this post. You say you rate him as one of the best forwards in the Championship and capable of cutting it full time in Super League yet you don't see him starting for Town? We must have some stable of super stars if they're keeping Liam on the bench. 

Really cant see why McAvoy is getting all this stick. Probably in thentop 5 most consistent players over the last couple of seasons. His problem, along with olstrum is their utility value does them no favours. Both can play prop, second row, and loose. So because they never get the chance to nail a permanent position, they seem to be the ones people want to move/drop.

Or maybe I believe Liam is out of form and therefore would prefer us to player someone in form. Is that really so difficult to understand?

Yes,I do find it hard to see why you judge him to be out of form. Liam took the ball up harder than many last week and I think a lot of players-on both sides-were struggling to get back into the line on a glue pot of a pitch. Very harsh to judge anybody in those conditions. Lets hope for a better surface this week -and an improved performance. A decent set of officials would also make a nice change. 

McAvoy was League Express's man of the match last week.......

Couldn't see why to be honest, he worked hard all day but then so did most of the the other guys, Olstrum for mine due to his defence, we even played him in centre at one point to close some gaps

Archived